TEW16 Real World Update: January 2017

Here is the update for January, first off there is a new picture pack this month, inside there are three sub folders, Champions has people with belts, Non Wrestlers has what it says on the tin all with a + before their name so they can be added to the main folder and be seperated from the wrestlers, and then there is the Placeholders which has all though black "No Pic" images with names on. Along with that I've updated rosters and worker stats for DDT, Ice Ribbon, FIP and JWP, as well as updating the event, tour and TV name lists. Beyond that its been the typical updates for the month.

Enjoy.

Database: January 2017
Graphics: January 2017
Workers: January 2017

Frequently Asked Questions

Why is [Promotion] closed when they are active?
Due to how slow the game runs with more promotions active, I have included active promotions but have them closed, to identify these they have their opening date and closed date the same. To activate the promotion simply remove the closed date. They may also have their titles histories included, if they do you need to go into "Title Lineages" and remove their most recent record (identified with a "= -" or "= - #" before their record name). You can then activate the title (all closed promotions titles are retired) and then set the champion if they are under contract.

Helpful Guidelines

Spoiler

Stamina Stat To Match Length
41-53% = 10m Max
53-65% = 15m Max
65-77% = 34m Max
77-89% = 49m Max
89-100% - upto 88m

Popularity Levels (Based on general all region percentages)
0-19% = Unknown
20-39% = Regional Level
40-57% = Regional Star
58-62% = Recognisable
63-69% = Well Known
70-77% = Draw
78-84% = Star
85-92% = Huge Star
93-100% = Icon

Personality Templates

Spoiler

Class Act (Positive)
- Compassionate
- Dependable
- Driven
- Humble
- Loyal
- Optimistic
- Social

Class Act (Positive)
- Dependable
- Extremely Loyal
- Social

Egomaniac Star (Extremly Negative)
- Bold
- Dependable
- Extremely Driven
- Extremely Egotistical
- Extremely Manipulative
- Mercenary
- Ruthless
- Selfish

Free Spirit (Positive)
- Compassionate
- Extremely Flaky
- Extremely Liberal
- Extremely Social
- Hesitant
- Humble
- Loyal
- Naive
- Optimistic

Grizzled Veteran
- Antisocial
- Conservative
- Dependable
- Pessimistic

Jerk (Very Negative)
- Bold
- Driven
- Egotistical
- Manipulative
- Mercenary
- Ruthless
- Selfish

Master Politician
- Driven
- Egotistical
- Extremely Dependable
- Extremely Manipulative
- Ruthless
- Selfish
- Social

Normal
- Bold
- Egotistical
- Mercenary
- Ruthless
- Selfish
- Social

Party Animal (Positive)
- Bold
- Extremely Social
- Flaky
- Hesitant
- Liberal
- Optimistic

Rookie (Positive)
- Compassionate
- Dependable
- Extremely Naive
- Generous
- Hesitant
- Humble
- Loyal
- Optimistic
- Social
- Timid

How to Install a Mod and Picture Packs in TEW 2016

Spoiler

• Like 2

• Lineker pinned and featured this topic

Great work as ever Who87 thanks! :D

Couple of updates i noticed:

- TNA Knockouts Champion is now Rosemary. 

1. Add a title lineage record for Gail Kim from October 2, 2016 to November 17, 2016 (Air Date) when the title was vacated due to injury. 
  2. Add another title lineage record for Vacant from November 17, 2016 to December 1, 2016 (Air Date).
  3. Change Rosemary to current champion winning on Week 1 December 2016.
  4. Also can i propose a change of the name of the belt from "TNA Women's Knockout" to just "TNA Knockout's" title as they never really refer to it as Women's Knockout title. 
  5. Also the title belt picture needs updated - now looks like this if someone can make a cut of it - 
    Spoiler

TNA_Knockouts_Championship.jpg

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_TNA_Knockouts_Champions

- TNA/IMPACT Grand Champion is now Moose. 

1. Add a title lineage record for Aron Rex from October 2, 2016 to December 1, 2016 (Air Date).
  2. Change Moose to the current champion winning on Week 1 December 2016.
  3. Also propose Changing the name to Impact Grand Champion instead of TNA Grand Champion as thats what they always call it on TNA's tv and website, not sure why TNA is omitted bu the confusing TNA/IMPACT Wrestling naming thing has been going on for some time now anyways. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Impact_Grand_Championship

- Add Total Access TNA as a broadcaster. 

TNA are launching the "Total Access TNA" subscription service on thursday in the UK & Ireland with plans to expand this to Australia next. Its virtually TNA's version of the WWE Network and will air IMPACT, Xplosion, PPV's live at same time as the U.S. broadcasts and their library of classic content - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.fntsy.tna / https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/total-access-tna/id1179245181?mt=8 a subscription service at 4.99 per month. 

1. Add new broadcaster called "Total Access - TNA"
  2. Media group - Anthem Sports & Entertainment, Company - TNA, Style - Subscription, Wrestling Stance - Highly Pro, Risk Levels - High, Patience - Very High, Begins - January 2017  (Setting both media group and Company works btw as i tested it. Not sure if you'd prefer it just to be under TNA.)
  3. Same minimum requirements as the Fight Network: Size - Local, Minimum Pop - 20, Min Regions - 1, Production - Semi Pro, Broadcast Qual. - Semi Pro, Music - Generic, Must cover Home - No.
  4. Product Preferences - Neutral for all. 
  5. Set Range as Tiny for North (British Isles), Scotland (British Isles), South (British Isles) & Ireland (British Isles).
  6. Add broadcast deals for TNA Impact, TNA Xplosion, TNA PPV Events, same settings as the deals with the fight network. Could also Add TNA events with "On Demand" time slot as well if your including the back catalogue. 
  7. The Logo for the broadcaster can just be the red TNA logo for now as that seems to be what they have for the app at present anyhow. 

Change Brother Nero back to Jeff Hardy. 

Matt recently tweeted in character that he has given Jeff back his free will to assume his identities again - 

Change Anthem Sports Entertainment to Anthem Sports & Entertainment

I'm being nitpicky here i know but just noticed it was missing the & and had to change it in my own database lol

Also given the recent exchange of talent with the Hardys appearing on ROH, ODB appearing on TNA etc. and the vested interest in both from Anthem as it airs both shows on the fight network should we be adding a working agreement or non aggression pact between TNA and ROH?

Edited by JohnnyNitro

I knew I forgot something, I was in a rush to get the worker pics sorted I forgot to check the TNA and Lucha Underground's titles.

As for changing Anthem Sports Entertainment name to Anthem Sports & Entertainment, the reason behind their naming is because "&" doesnt show up in the game and you cant have "and" because there is no space so I removed it.

2j1xfWx.jpg

I'm sure I'm doing something wrong here, but I cannot get worker pictures to work with this data.  Set up a picture folder as normal, all my logos and such work, but every worker photo is a default pic, any idea what might be causing that?   Even switched the picture pack to one from a previous database and still got nothing.

11 hours ago, Maxx said:

I'm sure I'm doing something wrong here, but I cannot get worker pictures to work with this data.  Set up a picture folder as normal, all my logos and such work, but every worker photo is a default pic, any idea what might be causing that?   Even switched the picture pack to one from a previous database and still got nothing.

Is it just the workers or are the logos also not showing up?

There are a few issues you might be running into

- You need to set the default picture folder in the database info (simpliest issue although sounds like youtried this)
- What picture pack are you using, my database used the "FirstName_LastName.jpg" file naming system, some other picture folders use a "FirstName LastName.jpg" they would not be compatable with my database
- How many pictures do you have in one folder, if its more than 32,000 then the game cannot handle that many pictures and wont recognise it.

question....

long time ewr4.2 player here..never bothered/ventured/dabbled into the TEW universe of ryland....open to purchasing it and antsy to try a new game.

are these updates chopped up as the ewr ones have been? a while back the stats updates people changed up and an INSANE amount of workers were deleted from the updates to make things faster and speedier, which i get, but i like the deep/unknown/smaller workers being the game...

are these TEW updates similar to the recent EWR stats updates? i want to start a current new game with lots of workers to sign and acquire, including very smaller names as you used to be able to in EWR, but due to the switch in people doing updates its no longer possible (or would take a LONG time to manually do so from last big update)...dont want to play modern games with only big indy names and WWE/TNA guys.

Couple more TNA updates: 

• As stated above Ed Nordholm should now be set as Owner. Dixie Carter could be set as a Personality as although she is not part of Anthem Wrestling Exhibitions LLC she will join the Advisory board of Fight media Group and remains a minority equity shareholder in TNA but now focused on global growth of the combat sports-related brands owned by Anthem.
  • Jeff Jarrett has joined TNA as an executive consultant. Add him on a PPA deal and set as Head Booker, his contract should be set as Non-Wrestler, as according to reports, due to his contractual obligations to GFW part of his negotiations included him not appearing on camera for TNA.
  • Add Dutch Mantel to TNA. He is on the booking team, could set him as a road agent i suppose. 
  • Add Swoggle to TNA as a babyface. He first appeared in at Total NonStop Deletion but has furthered his angle with Rockstar Spud on this weeks Impact and is part of the tapings so looks like he is now a regular. 
  • Remove Gabi Castrovinci / Raquel from the roster. She recently tweeted that she is no longer with TNA and has been released - http://www.diva-dirt.com/130281/raquel-gone-tna/
  • Remove Mark Andrews from TNA roster, he apparently finished with TNA at the end of last year and is not part of the tapings it seems. He has also been announced as part of the WWE UK Tournament thing so if your adding that in the game, add him to that roster.
  • Set Madison Rayne as a Semi-Active Wrestler on her TNA contract and also update her profile with Colour Commentary as Sometimes or Usually as she is now regularly the commentator alongside Josh Matthews for the Knockouts matches, she still wrestles but semi-regular now as she is on the booking team as well. 
  • Add Bad Bones (John Klinger) to TNA as an Enhancement talent on a PPA deal as a Heel. He has worked the last few tapings and this one, tends to be putting over talent on the Xplosion show. 
  • TNA One Night Only - Seems their now holding these on a Friday rather than a Sunday, needs amended in the database. Not sure if your naming the ONO shows but the next one to air is February 10th (guess that makes it Feb WK 2 in game) and is "Jokers Wild" their taping the next one, called "Risk or Reward" on the 17th Feb. = 
    Spoiler

3feb6d7a60db1aa8ab21ee64698099345b46cf7f

• IMPACT Wrestling logo needs updated. Theres a new logo for Impact Wrestling as shown on the ONO PPV last night, if someone can cut onto the silver bg this would be great. C1hrVeOVEAAWn7L.jpg
Edited by JohnnyNitro

7 minutes ago, corygraves said:

question....

long time ewr4.2 player here..never bothered/ventured/dabbled into the TEW universe of ryland....open to purchasing it and antsy to try a new game.

are these updates chopped up as the ewr ones have been? a while back the stats updates people changed up and an INSANE amount of workers were deleted from the updates to make things faster and speedier, which i get, but i like the deep/unknown/smaller workers being the game...

are these TEW updates similar to the recent EWR stats updates? i want to start a current new game with lots of workers to sign and acquire, including very smaller names as you used to be able to in EWR, but due to the switch in people doing updates its no longer possible (or would take a LONG time to manually do so from last big update)...dont want to play modern games with only big indy names and WWE/TNA guys.

Firstly I'd suggest giving the demo a go before buying but will also say TEW2016 is the best option for an upgrade due to the throwback EWR options to allow you to play TEW2016 like its EWR.

As for the main question, it depends on the database, my database has 5759, 3842 of which are active wrestlers with 655 set as out of the business and 137 deceased.It is easy to edit them in game and change their status, on top of that as with other TEW games you can import data from another database if you want someone/thing from another database.

5 minutes ago, JohnnyNitro said:

Couple more TNA updates: 

• IMPACT Wrestling logo needs updated. Theres a new logo for Impact Wrestling as shown on the ONO PPV last night, if someone can cut onto the silver bg this would be great. C1hrVeOVEAAWn7L.jpg

I'm going to wait till they offically put out the logo, I'm not cutting a logo from a shitty screengrab.

Haven't checked the database yet but assuming Hulu is in the game as a broadcaster. Add a working agreement for Impact Wrestling and Hulu, the service is now carrying Pop TV programming as part of a new deal with CBS -

http://www.tpww.net/2017/01/hulu-to-carry-tna-wrestling-signs-deal-with-pop-tv/

Add Caleb Konley to the TNA roster on a PPA deal. He worked last nights taping and has worked the last few tapings aswell mostly on the One Night Onlys. 

Remove Tigre Uno from the TNA roster, he was one of the cuts in December - 

Edited by JohnnyNitro

Just wanted to thank TheWho for the updates. Best real world mod out there right now. Having a ton of fun playing with some smaller names that seem to get ignored a lot by other modders.

That said, I talked to TheWho and wanted to see if you guys had any thoughts on the matter. I am going to be going through and adding more promotions to the active database. It's definitely going to make the database slower when loading, but for me personally, I don't mind it running slower if the game world is more full. I won't be doing full on monthly updates like TheWho. Instead, I want to focus on completing what's there before moving forward. So I may still be working on January's data when he gets to the summer here, in theory.

Would there be any interest from you guys in having that option for a more complete game world, at the expense of longer load times?

I personally always prefer a fuller world over quicker load times.   I don't mind having a slow first few days of my game if it means there's this rich world of talent and promotion keeping everything going.   I love Who's mods and thank him for all his all work, but there's definitely promotions and talents I'd love to see added to the mix.   

• Like 1

Few Additions to the TNA Roster as per the tapings. *warning* spoilers!

Spoiler

Brooke Adams

Angelina Love

Alexxis Neveah

Josh Barnett (believe he's in the database as a commentator for the AXS NJPW show but needs added as an active wrestler, babyface, legit athlete. Not sure if anyone has stats for him?)

Caleb Konley

Deonna Purrazzo

Kongo Kong

Edited by JohnnyNitro

Just a small update

For the past couple of months I've been updating stats along with a promotions roster, this month I don't intend on doing this and instead been working on stats for workers in different areas, most of them have been legends, past stars and deceased wrestlers, some are currently active but my main goal is to update the stats based on the skills filter and so far everyone rated good or above at In Ring, Brawlers, Puroresu, Hardcore, Technical, High Fliers, Flashy and Entertainer skills have been updated, I am moving down to the descent rating but as it goes lower more workers are added so will take longer, on top of that I've also updated all workers eligible for head trainers at dojos except the USA so far and that should hopefully be done for February.

In short my goal for this month is to update as many workers stats as possible. :)

• Like 2

Add Don West to TNA he returned in a recent shoptna announcement. No idea if there are plans for him to return to commentary in any capacity so just set role as personality or out of ring for now.

Update Aron Rex's gimmick, he debuted a new Liberace inspired gimmick last week, im on mobile so can't check the database at moment to recommend a suitable gimmick selection.

Set rockstar spud as his manager.

add new to deal for five star wrestling:

Spoiler

Yet another TV player is getting in the pro wrestling business in Europe.

The big announcement this morning from Drew Galloway today is that Five Star Wrestling will be debuting on Spike TV in Great Britain starting with a live special on 1/28 from Dundee, Scotland for an event featuring Rey Mysterio Jr., John Morrison, Galloway, Carlito, Joe Coffey, Jay Lethal, PJ Black, Nick Aldis, Mark Haskins, Joe Hendry, Kid Fite, Jack Jester and Jimmy Havoc. Galloway also announced that Kurt Angle will be an announcer on the 1/28 broadcast. Galloway made it clear in the announcement that the special would air over Spike TV (channel 5) in the UK, not streaming online.

http://pwinsider.com/article/107100/new-pro-wrestling-series-to-debut-on-spike-tv-in-europe-with-huge-special-this-month-with-mysterio-angle-galloway-carlito-and-more.html?p=1

I don't know if it's the right place for ask but with WWE announce that they will make a UK  Weekly show with some WWE UK Tournament participants did you will create "WWE UK" as a companies with a Working Agreement with WWE or just add WWE UK Tournament participants in WWE Roster in February ?

I think that will be cool to book WWE UK as a companies

1 hour ago, BrokenAlphonse said:

I don't know if it's the right place for ask but with WWE announce that they will make a UK  Weekly show with some WWE UK Tournament participants did you will create "WWE UK" as a companies with a Working Agreement with WWE or just add WWE UK Tournament participants in WWE Roster in February ?

I think that will be cool to book WWE UK as a companies

Not for February, all depends on what is announced and what happens.