2017 MLB Thread

Meacon Keaton

So, I've always followed the Angels (see: Mike Trout) but their being on the west coast means their games are super late for me.

Whos a fun east coast team to watch at the moment? (I'll almost certainly be catching some Yankees games, to watch Judge if nothing else).

51 minutes ago, Meacon said:

Yeah, but most people argue the Yankees big payroll as a reason they hate them. I included you boys because you actually outspend us. :P 

This year could be the year, though.

I fucking hope so.

People claim it's the payroll, but they hate the Yankees because they win, hate the Red Sox because Boston fans are the scum of the earth, and hate the Cardinals because they're a cult that would eat children if it was 'The Cardinal Way'.

The only people that hate us are battery chuckers in orange and black and Angels' fans who...well, there are no Angels' fans.

Edited by DMN

1 hour ago, DMN said:

I fucking hope so.

People claim it's the payroll, but they hate the Yankees because they win, hate the Red Sox because Boston fans are the scum of the earth, and hate the Cardinals because they're a cult that would eat children if it was 'The Cardinal Way'.

The only people that hate us are battery chuckers in orange and black and Angels' fans who...well, there are no Angels' fans.

Joey Ryan and his Penis make two.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Meacon said:

Besides have many, many more World Series titles, what in your eyes makes the Yanks so much worse than the Dodgers or Red Sox?

My parents are Dodgers fans, and the Red Sox are my favorite American League team. (My second favorite AL team? Whichever one is playing against the Yankees.) In fact, I'm wearing a Red Sox t-shirt right now.

13 hours ago, Twist said:

Maybe GM is a Mariners fan? :P

Only a Mariners fan when they're playing the Yankees. ;)

• Like 1

On ‎8‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 20:26, Meacon said:

We all forgot to point and laugh @Busch Strowman and the Mets for getting a bag of melted popsicles for Jay Bruce. He's two-for-three tonight for Cleveland and has driven in two of their three runs.

Forgot to comment on this.  I'm pretty pissed off at the return they got for him.  Rumor has it the Yankees were offering two prospects but wouldn't eat the contract, so they decided on one prospect and $4 million instead.  Now without knowing who the Yankees were offering it's hard to completely judge - but even if they were low level dudes I'd have preferred two lottery tickets from a better farm system than one from a lesser system just so the Wilpons can save money.

Personally I'd have just kept him and given him the qualifying offer.  He's earned it.  He's 30 years old and about to be a free agent for the first time in a weak free agency class - so chances are he'd have declined and the Mets would've gotten a 3rd round pick.  I'm not judging Ryder Ryan being a 30th round pick, plenty of guys have been drafted late or even gone undrafted and made it to the bigs.  But I'd still rather roll the dice on a 3rd round pick than a guy with a 5 ERA in Single A.  And he's a career reliever going all the way back to high school, which is kind of a red flag to me.