Sign in to follow this  
Meacon

2017 MLB Thread

Maxx    16,147

I'm confused as to why they put yellow back into their uniforms last year only to remove it again this year.

Meacon    18,607

I'm a boring old traditionalist (hello Yankee/Notre Dame fan here) so I actually don't mind the bland look of the Padres, though I absolutely agree that their old yellow/brown uni's from the 80's are so much better. 

damshow    8,966
1 hour ago, Maxx said:

I'm confused as to why they put yellow back into their uniforms last year only to remove it again this year.

It was to promote the ASG that they were hosting. It's amazing because it was such a good look and felt original where blue and white just feels like any old baseball team.

Meacon    18,607

Michael A. Taylor continuing to drop bombs on the Cubbies. 

I'm pretty much rooting for ex-Mets over here, which means I'm banking on Beltran for the Astros and Turner/Grandy for the Dodgers. Except Daniel Murphy. Fuck Daniel Murphy. 

Meacon    18,607

Don't call it a comeback :o 

Meacon    18,607

The Nationals curse of being the Nationals seems real. 

I think I hate Mike Montgomery. 

Meacon    18,607

Well this all just got a lot more interesting. :mellow:

• Sad 1

Come on, Carl. Don’t do us dirty. 

Son of a bitch. 

Meacon    18,607

Wade Davis trying to give away another one. 

Wow. 

3 more outs. Come on. Let’s have a 1-2-3 inning, pleeeeease

Meacon    18,607

Heeeeeeeeere we go. 3 outs. Bottom of the ninth. One run game. This has been a fun one. 

8 more to go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nah fuck that I'm not acting tough. We gutted that one out barely but FUCK YES!!!

FLY THE W!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :w00t:

• Like 3

Holy fuck what a stressful game. Bring on the NLCS, bring on another Series. 😎

Meacon    18,607

Maybe next year they'll let whoever plays Washington in the first round just have an automatic bye? 

JPanare89    60

I can't stand these replays where a guy is clearly safe, but his hand or foot comes off the base for a split second and he's then called out.  It just seems like such a cheap out based only off technicality, not common sense whatsoever.

I wish MLB would come up with a change of that replay rule, but I don't know how they can do it without leaving it vague.  At least here it's not vague...it's just stupid.

damshow    8,966

That 5th inning was the worst inning of Matt Wieters' career. Unbelievable.

In baseball history only 6 games have ever all had a passed ball strikeout, intentional walk, catcher's interference, and hit by pitch all happen. None of course have had them all happen in the same inning. And needless to say none have had them all happen in consecutive order.

Apparently the passed ball strikeout should have *technically* been called dead when his bat hit Wieters but Wieters was crowding the batter and it looks like it hit him after the ball passed and he got up to scramble for it. Doubt the ump saw it and even if he did I think it's the right call to not call it since that rule is clearly for backswings when the catcher doesn't get up, or so I think.

Also that's now 69 consecutive seasons DC's teams in the big 4 leagues have failed to make it to a conference championship. Mystics and DC United have both had appearances though, and of course college teams Maryland, George Mason, and Georgetown have all reached final fours in basketball as well as competed for titles in other sports.

Busch E    6,100

Best baseball game of the year as far as I'm concerned.  Fuck you Nats!  :D