2017 MLB Thread

Meacon Keaton

Normally I love September baseball but this last week is going to be pretty boring. Unlikely that the Angels catch the Twins, so it's really just the second NL Wild Card spot up for grabs, but even that is surely going to go to the Cubs. 

Every divisional series could have been a very good, believable championship series round...

Boston/Houston, Washington/Chicago, LAD/Arizona or Colorado all are fantastic...and if it's Indians/Yankees as well that would be four fantastic first round matches. 

2 hours ago, DMN said:

I just hope LA gets their shit together. If anyone's suffered, it's us. Nearly 30 years since our last title!

30 years, only 5 Lakers titles, 2 Kings titles, the UCLA title in 95, and the Pete Carroll USC dynasty in the 00s. It's been so rough in SoCal, I feel for you.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, damshow said:

30 years, only 5 Lakers titles, 2 Kings titles, the UCLA title in 95, and the Pete Carroll USC dynasty in the 00s. It's been so rough in SoCal, I feel for you.

I count the USC dynasty as a negative, because fuck them. You also forgot the Galaxy's what, 5 championships? 6? Plus I think the Sparks have a couple.

Honestly, only three teams really matter in LA. The Lakers, the Dodgers, and Trojan football, not necessarily in that order. I think a Dodger World Series title would 'mean more' than another Lakers title, but both teams really bring the city together.

Also, I was kinda being facetious. I know that my teams have, historically, been better than most. Honestly, the worst team  I'm a fan of is UCLA football, and they're  still close to a top 25 program all-time. I just happened to be born at the tail end of success for a lot of them.

Edited by DMN

1 hour ago, Lowerdeck said:

Even though the Dodgers haven't won a Series in 30 years, it's kind of hard to root for a team with the highest payroll in the league

I realize the Red Sox are third on the list, but there's quite a gap between them and the Yankees/Dodgers.

Our pay roll is $223 million. Yours is $222 million. 'Bout that gap...

28 minutes ago, Chuck Tingle said:

All y'all get the fuck in line, ORIOLES 2018 WORLD SERIES CHAMPS :w00t:

:lol: My mom's side of the family are Orioles fans and every year they swear it's their year. It's almost as adorable as Philly Eagle fans. 

• Like 2