The 2017 MLS Thread

GoGo Yubari

1 hour ago, New Year New Srar! said:

I think I'd like to try and pay attention this season. Don't hold me to it but I want to try!

You'll need a club er team .... so PICK ONE SRAR BUT NOT THE WRONG ONE!!!!!!!!!

Prep for the SuperDraft tomorrow: http://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2017/01/10/parchman-ranking-top-5-mls-superdraft-prospects-each-position

^ my favorites include GK Klenofsky (6'6 BEAST), CB Brandon Aubrey could start immediately for several teams, MF Shome is every bit a ready made box to box and link player that our league simply doesn't have, 

This could be a deeper draft than we've had lately and the CB position is stacked.  

black-badge_19.png

LATEST NEWS:

Signings The Portland Timbers announced on Jan. 12 that they have signed T2 players Victor Arboleda, Rennico Clarke, and Kendall McIntosh to first-team contracts while also re-signing Jack Barmby.
Report With rumors swirling about a potential family reunion on the LA Galaxy, Jonathan dos Santos told Marca-Claro on Jan. 11 that he would "love to go to Mexico or the United States" to play with his older brother Giovani.
Report San Jose Earthquakes general manager Chris Leitch told CenterLine Soccer on Jan. 11 that the club wants to bring back Panamanian midfielder Alberto Quintero, who was with the team on loan in 2016.
Rumor On Jan. 11, FourFourTwo's Paul Tenorio tweeted that four Western Conference clubs have contacted US national team defender Geoff Cameron about returning to MLS when his current deal at Stoke City ends in 18 months.
Rumor Columbus Crew SC beat writer tweeted on Jan. 11 that the club's former starting goalkeeper, Steve Clark, is drawing interest from multiple teams in Denmark.
Rumor English outlet The Telegraph reported on Jan. 11 that Middlesbrough winger Stewart Downing is up to move to MLS if he is unable to join an English Premier League team this winter.
Rumor On Jan. 11, La Voz reported that Deportivo La Coruna midfielder Alex Bergantinos has an offer from Sporting Kansas City.
Rumor GhanaSoccerNet.com reported on Jan. 11 that the LA Galaxy are in negotiations with Argentine international Lucas Biglia. He was previously rumored to be talking with Atlanta United.
Rumor On Jan. 11, City Media reported that Albanian international Jahmir Hyka has signed with the San Jose Earthquakes on a three-year deal.

I think I'd like to try and pay attention this season. Don't hold me to it but I want to try!

Philly Union now has the best forward in MLS history. GO UNION!

• Like 1

Chicago Fire signed at least one actual good player in the offseason, it seems like. This could finally be their year!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GoGo Yubari said:

Chicago Fire signed at least one actual good player in the offseason, it seems like. This could finally be their year!

Ante Razov has come out of retirement?! 

• Like 1

Draft Tracker

Minnesota takes Abu Danladi #1 and Altanta takes Miles Robinson #2

Already have "movement" as murmurs of CHI trading out of #3 pick and POR trading IN to #4 pick are on twitter

EDIT: HOU trades #4 pick to POR for 100K allocation money, INT spot, and #10 selection in this draft

EDIT:  HOLY SHIT .... CHI gets 250K allocation money for #3 pick and NYCFC takes Jonathan Lewis (MF)  WOWOWOWOWOWW

Potentially even bigger news is that allocation money exact amounts will now be made public when used in trades.

aaaaaaaand POR won the draft.  They turned the #10 pick, 100K in allocation, and an INT spot into Jeremy Ebobisse.  DAMN

13 minutes ago, MDK said:

250k is a cute amount of money

well we don't do Monopoly money in soccer yet sooooo ...

DCU gets Atsem at #12, NYCFC trades up for SEA #16 (that they got from NYCFC in 2015) and gets Awuah (arguably best FB in draft), and Aubrey falls to TFC at #21(easily could be steal of draft).  

black-badge_19.png

LATEST NEWS:

Signing Sporting Kansas City announced on Jan. 13 that they have signed Spanish midfielder Ilie Sanchez to a two-year deal. Sanchez joins the club after most recently playing at Elche CF.
  • Like 1

black-badge_19.png

LATEST NEWS:

Report Goal.com's Ives Galarcep reports that Minnesota United coach Adrian Heath has made a sizeable offer to Orlando City for Kevin Molino, whom Heath coached when he was with the Lions. Orlando are not looking to trade Molino, who is reportedly unhappy with his current contract.

13 hours ago, New Year New Srar! said:

Is that a lot of money for a top pick? Or should I be disappointed already?

Relatively speaking ... that's pretty insane to trade that money just for a draft pick.  ...... are you picking NYCFC? 

On ‎1‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 15:23, MDK said:

Heineken Rivalry Week :lol: 

Carling Cup soon to be Carabao Cup?  :P

12 hours ago, Szumi Claus said:

NYRB traded Dax McCarty to the Fire! Shocker

Was coming in to post this.  WTF ... Dax is huge ... and CHI did something to get better?  WOW ... but damn, 400K in allocation can get them a MID upgrade over Dax though (as he opens a max salary slot) and they do have Sean Davis who has shown very well (along with Tyler Adams) as HG kids that need to start playing  .... still sheesh.

black-badge_19.png

LATEST NEWS:

On Jan. 16 Goal.com reported that FC Dallas have completed their previously-rumored pursuit of Paraguayan F Cristian Colman, and paid his club Nacional a transfer fee of over $2 million to do so.

FourFourTwo USA's Paul Tenorio reported on Jan. 16 that the New York Red Bulls have traded M Dax McCarty to the Chicago Fire for $400,000 in 2017 and 2018 general allocation money.

The Montreal Impact announced on Jan. 16 that captain Patrice Bernier has signed a one-year deal to return to the club for a final season before retiring.

ESPN's Taylor Twellman tweeted on Jan. 16 that the New England Revolution are in discussions with two "over the max" center backs.

The Washington Post reported on Jan. 15 that D.C. United was set to sign Wake Forest midfielder and Hermann Trophy winner Ian Harkes to a Homegrown Player deal.

Swedish club Hammarby IF announced on Jan. 15 that they had signed former New England Revolution and Vancouver Whitecaps midfielder Gershon Koffie.

black-badge_19.png

LATEST NEWS:

According to Portuguese outlet O Jogo, 23-year-old central midfielder Joao Pedro is set to move to the LA Galaxy.
  The Jonathan dos Santos-to-LA rumors are heating up, fueled in part by brother Giovani, who confirmed his sibling's intereste in joining the Galaxy at the annual MLS media day.
  D.C. United announced on Jan. 18 that they have re-signed out-of-contract midfielder Jared Jeffrey, who set career highs in appearances, starts, minutes played, goals and shots with the Black-and-Red in 2016.
  The Seattle Sounders announced on Jan. 18 that they had signed forward Seyi Adekoya and midfielder Henry Wingo as the eighth and ninth Homegrown Players in team history.
  On Jan. 17, San Jose Earthquakes re-signed D Marvell Wynne and M Tommy Thompson.
  On Jan. 17 Birmingham City manager Gianfranco Zola told reporters that former USMNT right back Jonathan Spector could request a move to MLS when his contract expires in six months.
  On Jan. 17 MLS Italia reported the agent for Sevilla midfielder Hiroshi Kiyotake will meet with him in the next few days and try to convince him that MLS is the right place for him to go. He is a reported target of Seattle Sounders.

So uh, this is kind of a big deal:

TARGET = MLS newest big time sponsor ... Minnesota's kit sponsor, league sponsor, and Youth involvement.

OFFICIAL now ... Jermaine Jones to the Galaxy, but in even bigger news they've re-signed Lletget.  They're also still very much after the other Dos Santos as well as Romain Alessandrini.