The 2017 MLS Thread

GoGo Yubari

Expansion Deadline Day passed yesterday with 12 official bids: http://www.mlssoccer.com/topic/expansion/2017/expansion-cities-bids

In HUGE news ... shit is going down in Sacramento that might swerve around SAC REP for MLS franchise ... @evanream on twitter is one good source to follow for it

Looks like ATL will end up getting Josef Martinez and is also signing Carlos Carmona.  On paper, give these people the freaking Cup already.  Holy crap.

Blanco to Portland Official

If he adapts like Valeri did, this is HUGE ... Adi up top with Valeri, Nagbe, blanco behind him?  HOLY SHIT .... oh and with Guzman being brought in as the true DM, Chara is free'd up to just destroy the center of the pitch and spring counters.  Hot damn.

@HailtotheSickle @Meacon

List of the games I have a ticket available for, if either of you gents wanna grab a game.

Saturday 3/11 Toronto FC - 430pm
Saturday 5/6 NY Red Bulls - 7pm
Saturday 5/20 Colorado - 7pm
Sunday 7/2 NE Revolution - TBD
Saturday 8/5 FC Dallas - TBD
Saturday 8/26 Atlanta - 7pm
Sunday 10/22 Orlando - TBD

https://twitter.com/PhilaUnion/status/826862556857954304

ff_2684811_full.jpg&w=600

On ‎2‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 12:25, It's Pronounced Zoom-E said:

@HailtotheSickle @Meacon

List of the games I have a ticket available for, if either of you gents wanna grab a game.

Saturday 3/11 Toronto FC - 430pm
Saturday 5/6 NY Red Bulls - 7pm
Saturday 5/20 Colorado - 7pm
Sunday 7/2 NE Revolution - TBD
Saturday 8/5 FC Dallas - TBD
Saturday 8/26 Atlanta - 7pm
Sunday 10/22 Orlando - TBD

Dear Lord I've love to make that happen.  What would the chances be of getting another ticket on top?  I'd likely bring my oldest along if I'm able to swing it.

@It's Pronounced Zoom-E ... that's a ways off so as it gets closer we'll see.  Where are the tix at?  I can do some digging around here as there are a handful of PHI fans that share tix with people back home.

Well this happened for my home club: SAFC will affiliate with NYCFC this season  .... that's kind of a big deal.

black-badge_19.png

LATEST NEWS:

Report Venezuelan international M Yangel Herrera has reportedly said he's headed to New York City FC in the coming days, pending the completion of paperwork. The defensive mid is a new arrival at sibling club Manchester City and would likely be on loan to NYCFC.
Report Colombian outlet El Heraldo reported on Feb. 13 that former Seattle Sounders star F Fredy Montero, who scored 47 goals in 119 MLS games from 2009-12, is set to return to MLS after a stint in China – but with Seattle's rivals the Vancouver Whitecaps.
Rumor ESPN Deportes' "Jorge Ramos & Su Banda" show claimed on Feb. 10 that 2018 expansion debutants LAFC plan to lure Mexican icon Javier "Chicharito" Hernandez to MLS with a whopping $15 million-per-year Designated Player contract offer.
Rumor Sports World Ghana reported on Feb. 10 D Moses Sarpong will play for the New England Revolution this season, because of an apparent conflict-of-interest at the 19-year-old's current club, Ghanaian side Inter Allies FC.
Rumor Late on Feb. 10, ESPN Digital's Julio Saucedo reported that NYCFC have tabbed Argentine winger Maxi Moralez to step in alongside David Villa and Andrea Pirlo as a Designated Player for the third-year club.
Report The Star Tribune's Megan Ryan reported on Feb. 10 Minnesota United is close to signing M Josh Gatt. The US international is 25, but has been largely sidelined by a series of knee injuries since the summer of 2013.

• 2 weeks later...

Outstanding first game for Atlanta United FC, but as it must be with all Atlanta teams, the 1-0 lead was squandered late and the Red Bulls stole a win.

I really like the pacing and aggression Martino has installed.  Hopefully everyone gets used to one another and it makes for a solid inaugural season.  I'll have to go back and find the name of the gent who pulled off the 1-on-3 dribble, because that was immense.

Sebastian Blanco and David Guzman make POR ridiculously dangerous.

ATL did exactly what I figured ... showed VERY WELL, but will need time to get it all together on the field.  While everyone is focusing on the pace/attacking players ... I was most impressed with Greg Garza.  

Awesome night for ORL but damn, Kaka out 6 weeks just like that.  It showed immediately just how much of a difference he makes.  Hopefully Rivas won't have his chance ripped out from under him due to this injury.

FCD FCD FCD FCD ... dear Lord I'm pumped for this season for them.  

HOU flew under the radar but their attacking trio looked really damn good .... Elis, Cubo, and Quioto are going to put the ball in the back of the net, A LOT.

Gooch looked like he could still play, and that makes me happy 

Then there was THIS from Montreal ... showing why this league is so fucking awesome: