The 2017 MLS Thread

GoGo Yubari

Union home opener was fucking freezing. 31 degrees with a pretty nasty wind made it feel like 20 degrees. I'm surprised they didn't sell out of hot chocolate. The paid attendance was 16 thousand some, but I bet there was maybe 10-11K there. So many empty seats because of the weather, which is frustrating. Don't be pussies and support your team.

The result was very frustrating because we dominated the first half. Shame Simpson had to go off injured after scoring, and deary me Bedoya, pick a fucking corner son. No need to smash a pen. We should've been comfortably ahead at halftime, instead we're level because of a bullshit penalty. Jozy spent more of that game diving than on his feet, and Geiger bought it every time. He was fucking terrible, just awful call after awful call. I can only imagine he is trying to get asylum in Canada because of America's current state with his TFC bias. TFC's second goal came off a BS free kick too.

This definitely makes more than zero sense for Chicago, a team that desperately needs any reason for anyone to care about them. If Fire fans on /r/mls are any indication this is the most excited they've been for anything surrounding their team in ages.

Dax McCarty and Juninho aren't going to bring fans into the stadium. Like, it's really that simple, especially for Chicago. If you're looking at it from a purely on-field perspective that doesn't really seem to capture the whole point of it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GoGo Yubari said:

Dax McCarty and Juninho aren't going to bring fans into the stadium. Like, it's really that simple, especially for Chicago. If you're looking at it from a purely on-field perspective that doesn't really seem to capture the whole point of it.

Clearly ... but it just illustrates the idiocy that is the CHI Fire at this point.  They made savvy moves and pulled off a FANTASTIC overhaul.  They brought in arguably 2 of the 10 best pure CM's in the league the last 8-10yrs to support the attack that they finally managed to solidify with Nikolic ... and then do this.

The fans left the Fire (like they did in DC) because of the ineptness of the FO and idiocy in decision making.  This only follows that trend, regardless of the 'other' aspects.  Hell, CHIfan is divided at best on this.  Sure, some are excited because NAME GUY WOOOOO .. but just as many are going DAFUQ DAX AND J???  It's also brought more of the 'retirement league, lol MLS washed up player reserve, etc etc' bullshit that the league had blown out of the water this off-season.

Atlanta is all about the youth movement because it fits that style so well.  The initial response from the city in regards to the team has been outstanding.  Two consecutive 50k+ attendance figures which will probably only grow once they get in The Benz.

Plus that team is exceeding all expectations.  I'll need a kit.  Secret Santa 2017, anyone? :shifty: 

• Like 2

I love their reaction to the club and love that they've been able to start this well.  I'm reserving judgment until year 5 or so on the fan base because: Everything else that's ever been shown by Atlanta pro sports fandom.

TFC signs Jason Hernandez to bolster DEF (he's 33)