TEW Overstuffed *HYPE THREAD*

Thanks go out to TheWho and everyone who has contributed to his Real World Update, first and foremost. He has agreed to allow me to use his database for what I'm calling an "Overstuffed" update. The goal is to have as many promotions as possible added to the database. The start date is January of 2017, and I will be releasing updates to this periodically with new promotions added.

Because I noticed a lot of background workers who don't need to be in the game, I've decided to import what I need, starting the database from scratch. It's going to be easier because I'm taking what I need as I need it, but the initial versions of this mod won't include everything that TheWho has in his. I also won't be updating on a monthly basis. I will be fleshing out and completing the mod for the start of 2017.

I am currently making adjustments with the WWE workers, and NXT is up next. What I want to know from you guys, is how should NXT be included?

Would you prefer NXT as a developmental company, so that in WWE games, workers can be hired for that specifically?

Or would you prefer that I add NXT as a self-sufficient promotion, included in an Allliance with WWE, so that they can be playable?

If NXT is a playable promotion, I will include The WWE Developmental Center as a developmental promotion for the WWE, and fill it with workers who were under contract, but not active on NXT.

Even though NXT is popular and not being able to play as them might suck for people, taking away dozens of contracted wrestlers from WWE seems like a huge thing to do to accomodate that.   I'm sure it was satisfy a number of players but I imagine it would upset anyone who was playing as WWE.

Me, personally, I'd be unlikely to play as either WWE or NXT so I'm not exactly in this wheelhouse.   But as someone likely to play as TNA or ROH or some other competitor I'd much prefer that WWE have its NXT wrestlers and have a more realistic setting.   Otherwise I imagine my game would become very different such as being able to sign away any NXT talent much easier.

That probably has its own problems as anyone who wants to play as WWE is stuck with NXT as a third brand and unable to shift the titles and stuff to developmental with some serious work, and anyone who wants to play as NXT has RAW and SD they have to book as well.   And again, anyone playing outside the WWE world would be dealing with a very unrealistic scenario.   And my guess is the AI would just kill the third brand and you'd have a mess.   

I personally default to getting it as real as possible, which would be NXT as a a developmental.   But it comes down to what you want to have in your mod.   A playable WWE/NXT (brand), a playable NXT (separate company/alliance), or a realistic approach (developmental).

Edited by galacticgonzo

There are positives and negatives to all potential situations with NXT.

If it's not playable, that sucks for people who want to play with the company, but it is most realistic to the game world as contracts are more appropriately done up.

If it's playable, then WWE players wind up losing out on any NXT talents, as I would probably give them all written deals to keep them out of the hands of other promotions in game. That being said though, if they're in a WWE Universe alliance, WWE users can still have access to those talents through the Alliance Loan or Talent Trade programs.

Making them a third brand feels like it would be the best way to do it, except for the fact that it would be too many shows for one company. WWE would have RAW, SmackDown Live, 205 Live and NXT as weekly television A-Shows.

Which brings me to yet another issue. 205 Live. Because the Cruiserweights are exclusive to RAW, they're technically RAW brand, but if I add 205 Live and make it a RAW brand show, Braun Strowman will show up.

Should we go with, WWE gets 3 brands in RAW, SD Live and 205 Live... with NXT as a Developmental company? It takes the Cruiserweights away from RAW, but it keeps the Heavyweights off of the 205 Live show.

I even thought about making RAW and SDL separate companies, with the Cruiserweights being their own brand on RAW to allow for them to show up on both RAW and 205 Live... but then joint PPV's wouldn't be possible.

I feel like I'm definitely leaning towards NXT as Developmental, with 205 Live being it's own brand within the game... but I'd like to hear from you guys too.

That's a tricky question about 205 Live because many Cruiserweights are also working the NXT tours (often in the B-crew) so you could handicap yourself of many useful people you could use on NXT. Could it be feasible to have 205 Live as an NXT brand even though it'd be a tad unrealistic?

With 205 Live I'd just make it a B Show on the RAW Brand.   That makes it entirely viable for anyone playing WWE to just use the CWs on the show with no penalty.   The AI will fuck it up but the AI will probably change up the 3 Brands thing anyway.   Ultimately its impossible to make the AI do what you want it to do so you'll drive yourself insane if you try too hard.

These are totally your call though.   They're all imperfect solutions to a game that can't simulate things perfectly, especially as WWE does more and more different things.   Its your database and you'll never satisfy everyone so you ultimately just need to make the call as how you see it.

Edited by galacticgonzo
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Progress update:

WWE, NXT and AAA are all in so far. I am currently adding titles and histories for the three promotions (including inactive belts), and working on adding Ring of Honor to the database.

In regards to beta testing for the mod, would you guys prefer that I wait until there is one promotion for each major region (Canada, America, Mexico, United Kingdom and Japan), or just do a release for every 5 promotions that are added in? Either way works for me, as I will be wanting to do regular beta releases to help guide my hand in the putting together of the mod. If we go with every 5 promotions, the first release will be sooner than if we go the other way, but there will be some areas without companies.

• Like 1

I'd suggest you aim to get the major promotions added your the first beta, they would be the most used promotions and its easier to base other promotions and workers off of them popularity wise. Personally I'd suggest these be the promotion you get in first WWE, NXT, TNA, ROH, Lucha Underground, AAA, CMLL, Progress, ICW, and NJPW.

• Like 1