2017 NFL Off-Season Thread

Schlitzbrille

6 minutes ago, Lineker said:

Something which apparently emerged in the past couple of days. 

Just looking ahead, Dalvin Cook could fall out of the first round here entirely here. Unless the Packers take him.

Oakland Raiders select Gareon Conley.

Better hope whatever their research said ends up being right.

I'm fine with Conley. The secondary is the weakest part of the team. Not even sure why everyone thought Oakland would go RB. Would have been happy with Foster, too.

Trust Reggie too much at this point to doubt him.

Added bonus is KC shit the bed.

EDIT: Wait...

Forgot about the rape thing.

I do trust Reggie to have done his homework. If it's true that there's footage exonerating him, then I'm fine with it. Otherwise, obviously, I'm not.

Edited by DMN

1 minute ago, DMN said:

I'm fine with Conley. The secondary is the weakest part of the team. Not even sure why everyone thought Oakland would go RB. Would have been happy with Foster, too.

Trust Reggie too much at this point to doubt him.

Added bonus is KC shit the bed.

Big risk to take. What if he is guilty?

Just now, New Year New Srar! said:

Big risk to take. What if he is guilty?

I edited because I'd forgotten about the rape allegations. Obviously, if he's guilty, I'm not happy with it, and I'm not going to defend it.

Even if he isn't guilty, it's not a good look for a team that has worked hard to reshape it's image. I'm honestly a little surprised with the pick, actually, which is why I didn't even make the connection.

I appreciate the risk the Raiders took.  Two years ago La'el Collins went from a first rounder to fully undrafted based entirely on an accusation that turned out to be baseless.

Right now Gareon Conley has been charged with nothing and passed a polygraph so he shouldn't have his career torpedoed based on a claim that has no proof.  If it turns out he did it, then obviously fuck him and I'd hope he gets released immediately.

• Like 2