2017 NFL Off-Season Thread

Schlitzbrille

17 hours ago, GhostMachine said:

Is Kaepernick going to end up a Seahawk?

Looks a good possibility and, tbh, I think it's a decent enough fit for him.

• Like 1

My guess is that Kaepernick ends up a backup for a year or two, then gets another shot as a starter. 

I don't think him not getting a shot as a starter now has just as much to do with teams not needing one as much as it does the protesting he did. I can't see any teams who need a starter right now being a good fit for him, anyway.

Seattle would be a good fit for him. I even wouldn't mind seeing him wearing a Cowboys uniform, but doubt that will happen.

The shameful ostracising aside, he's 30 and a know quantity who struggles to make reads and relies on his athleticism. I can't see him being the long-term answer for anybody, which I imagine he sees himself as. He's in the top 32 QBs in the league at least but I don't think anybody wants to give him starter money when they've seen his ceiling.

Teams should be frantic to get him in as a premium back-up though, I'd like to see him in Pittsburgh. Big Ben is held together by tape at this point so he'll likely see playing.

So crazy to me that Wilson and Kaep could be on the same team. I still remember the ad campaign for I think Madden where they were doing all these competitions against each other because they were going to be like the new Manning vs, Brady rivalry.

Fitzmagic is decent pick up for them. He comfortably upgrades their #2 spot. 

"Lets sign Ryan Fitzpatrick, he's a competent backup!"

Image result for monkey paw gif

Fitzpatrick is done, last year showed that. He'd be a fine addition as a backup at that price if his curse wasn't guaranteed to break your starting QB.