2017 NFL Off-Season Thread

Schlitzbrille

4 hours ago, Busch Strowman said:

The more celebrations the better.  Hell have the whole team perform Shipoopi on the field like in that Family Guy episode.

Speaking of that. How broken down and sad is Victor Cruz now? Should I be happy we just signed him?

37 minutes ago, New Year New Srar! said:

Speaking of that. How broken down and sad is Victor Cruz now? Should I be happy we just signed him?

He just spouted off some nonsense about how the Giants were trying to sabotage him by not throwing to him much so they could justify cutting him and getting him off the books.  It's super awkward to say "I wasn't getting the ball!" as if that's really a team decision. That is definitely an Eli decision and his decision was almost certainly rooted in his ability to get open.  He was so slow last year, unfortunately not a surprise given that he missed two years to knee injuries.

But as a teammate/clubhouse guy, he is fantastic.  All the stuff he did for the family of Jack Pinto (one of the Sandy Hook victims) is way more impactful/important than anything he's done on the field.  I'll miss him.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Busch Strowman said:

He just spouted off some nonsense about how the Giants were trying to sabotage him by not throwing to him much so they could justify cutting him and getting him off the books.  It's super awkward to say "I wasn't getting the ball!" as if that's really a team decision. That is definitely an Eli decision and his decision was almost certainly rooted in his ability to get open.  He was so slow last year, unfortunately not a surprise given that he missed two years to knee injuries.

But as a teammate/clubhouse guy, he is fantastic.  All the stuff he did for the family of Jack Pinto (one of the Sandy Hook victims) is way more impactful/important than anything he's done on the field.  I'll miss him.

...plus, this:

giphy.gif

• Like 3

7 hours ago, livid said:

I generally have no issues with celebrating of any kind but props are a slippery slope just because it can delay the game. That said, it all went downhill after that Horn celebration and TO's sharpie.

This the biggest load of nonsense I've seen thrown around against it. They literally stop the game minutes at a time after every drive, PAT and sometimes just for shiggles. All so we can see the latest ad about beer and boner pills. 

Who care if the celebration delays the PAT? And besides, there's a play clock, if they delay too long then they're penalised.

I want more shit like this. Football is fun, the players should be allowed show it

This is my favourite celebration.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_T7RPmoC3I4

Gay just don't give a fuck. He's been flagged and the camera cuts back to him after the ref calls it and he's still knee-walking to his coach! :lol:

• Like 2

I have no issues with celebrating. I think the league has long been overly strict on them. My point was strictly about props and how I understand why they wouldn't allow those because that could escalate into nonsense. 

Edited by livid

On 5/25/2017 at 10:12, Meacon said:

Speaking of delay the game, slam dunks through the goalposts are still penalty worthy. I don't know if they're afraid of injury, or accidentally messing up the posts, or what, but that would be flagged for delay of game still.

Its this.  The rule was put in the season after this happened

So, tell me about Ricky Stanzi ... there's no CFL thread here, and Stanzi was a Chief, and probably went to college..