2017 NFL Off-Season Thread

Schlitzbrille

The Chiefs cutting Maclin seems odd. Was due 12 Mil, but 7 of that is now dead money. 

The Bills could be a nice spot for him actually. If Watkins stays fit, that's a nice combo.

ESPN firing people like John Clayton and Ed Werder, but re-hiring Hank "Obama is Hitler" Williams Jr.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lineker said:

I really like the addition of Dumervil. He's at worst a nice situational pass rusher to have on hand but I have a feeling he will be pushing some of the younger guys eyed for the LEO role on that defense as well so hopefully he elevates everybody's effort.

The Kaepernick thing is dumb but I've seen people suggest that it's more likely to avoid the Richard Shermans of the team from pointing at Kaepernick and saying he should play when Russell Wilson inevitably struggles. Nobody will clamor for Austin Davis to take over. That team strives off of conflict but that seems like an untenable situation for even them. 

I'm kind of surprised but also not over the situation. Kaepernick does deserve to be on an NFL team (though I understand why the 49ers got rid of him), but I don't know if another one will give him a look before training camp or the season itself even starts. And there are not that many teams right now where he would have a chance to become a starter again. 

I wouldn't mind seeing him with the Cowboys, backing up Dak. 

Speaking of Dallas backups....well, former ones, anyway....I can't believe Mark Sanchez is with the Bears now. It astounds me that he still has a career.