2017 NFL Off-Season Thread

Schlitzbrille

12 hours ago, Cloudy said:

Foster's the top linebacker in this year's draft.

Not anymore he isn't.

also, the really fast bloke wore Nikes. No island for him.

Supposedly the Browns have already reached out to Garrett's representatives and told him that he doesn't need to push it in the Combine or even really participate in the drills if he doesn't want to, because they're definitely taking him and they don't want him to get hurt.

Really have have no idea what free agency has in store for the Giants.  A spending spree seems unlikely given all of the big contracts they handed out last year.  And right now, JPP is on the hook for roughly half of their available cap space.  The plan is to get him an extension to work the cap number down, but if that doesn't happen they're not going to have a whole lot of wiggle room.

I'm guessing they're out on Riley Reiff or Andrew Whitworth even if they extend JPP.  I'd love either of them but they're bound to get really lucrative offers in this market, not too sure Reese wants to dole out a mammoth contract for a lineman and essentially admit that Ereck Flowers was a bust.  Maybe they'll draft a tackle early but it'd probably be to play RT rather than replace Flowers.

Saints have apparently rejected a 1st round pick from the Patriots for Brandin Cooks.

Just had a thought on the Browns.

In theory, they should have enough cap space / picks to do the following:

• Trade for either Romo or Jimmy G
  • Pick up Brandon Marshall and Alshon Jeffrey in FA.
  • Make a run at Jamaal Charles in FA.
  • Re-sign Pryor back.

That would give them a starting line-up of:

QB: Romo or Jimmy G
RB: Charles / Crowell
WR: Marshall / Jeffrey / Pryor / Coleman
TE: Barnidge.

That... wouldn't be a bad attack!

On Jimmy G, I reckon they could probably give the Patriots a 2nd round pick and Cody Kessler (hell, that might work for Romo, as I'm sure Dallas would love a decent young QB to back up Prescott, and Kessler looked serviceable), in return for JG and a late round pick. You keep RG3 around as 'competition' (:shifty:) and Hogan is your depth guy at QB.