2017 NFL Off-Season Thread

Schlitzbrille

• Admin

Charley Casserly mock draft 1.0: Trades shake up Round 1

Garrett to Cleveland, Allen to San Francisco, Lattimore to Chicago, Fournette to Jacksonville, Adams to Tennessee, Foster to NY Jets. Browns to trade the #12 pick to New England in exchange for Jimmy Garoppolo - the Patriots select Derek Barnett, OLB, Tennessee.

Since I am not the biggest football fan, someone help me out. Tyrod Taylor is the best QB the Bills have had since Bledsoe - why does it seem like the Bills are eager to move on from him? Is it simply the way they structured the contract?

13 hours ago, Toe said:

Since I am not the biggest football fan, someone help me out. Tyrod Taylor is the best QB the Bills have had since Bledsoe - why does it seem like the Bills are eager to move on from him? Is it simply the way they structured the contract?

He had a so-so season, but a fair bit of that wasn't on him. I have a feeling that some of the higher ups in the company were never sold on him and that 'he's a Rex pick', so has been tarred with that brush.

Personally, I think they should draft / trade for OL and maybe another WR / TE combo and let him loose once more.

Want to watch some bad football?  The Salt Lake Screaming Eagles are called a "fanchise".  The fans chose pretty much everything about the team, and you can download an app for Android so, during games, you can vote on what play is run next!  Spoiler alert...the football is VERY bad

• Like 1

http://deadspin.com/darrelle-revis-charged-with-felony-assault-1792473865

Jets cornerback Darrelle Revis has been charged with two counts aggravated assault, one count making terroristic threats, one count robbery, and one count conspiracy to commit aggravated assault following his alleged involvement in a street fight in Pittsburgh early Monday morning.

• Admin
16 hours ago, Meacon said:

Julius Thomas was one of the best tight ends in the league in Denver. Jacksonville signed him and turns him into a seventh round pick. A tale of two cities...

Or it can be even more specific, being the difference between being thrown to by Peyton Manning and by Blake Bortles.

Tom Brady's missed SB50 jersey has been valued at $500k, a valuation which no doubt will convince the guilty party to hand it straight back.

I hope it's a Falcons fan who has proceeded to wipe their ass with it, put it in a paper bag and set it aflame near the White House.  Far enough to where it's not seen as a terrorist thing, but close enough to get the damned point across.

Then again, the wiping the ass with it part is the most important.

For the first time in my life, I have a legitimate sports rival.

• Like 5

• Admin
Just now, thatshortguy said:

I hope it's a Falcons fan who has proceeded to wipe their ass with it, put it in a paper bag and set it aflame near the White House.  Far enough to where it's not seen as a terrorist thing, but close enough to get the damned point across.

Then again, the wiping the ass with it part is the most important.

For the first time in my life, I have a legitimate sports rival.

And who could have possibly foreseen it being the New England Patriots!

• Like 2