2017 NFL Off-Season Thread

Schlitzbrille

55 minutes ago, Mad Jack said:

That's fine, GM John Lynch thinks that its 'liberating' not to have any. Whatever the hell that means.

It means he didn't like the ones they had. 

58 minutes ago, New Year New Srar! said:

I just read that the 49ers have no QBs on the team right now :lol: 

The Bears only have Cutler so they're pretty much in the same spot since everybody knows they don't want to keep him!

Edited by livid
oh yeah

Hoyer makes sense. They may bring back Ponder as #2 and draft a #3. 

I don't mind the Rams in Blue/White instead of Blue/Yellow. There's still a lot of uniqueness in wearing white at home, especially when you're a team that will be baking in the LA sun during home games. Plus this is a throwback to the Deacon Jones era. Wear these and then have the blue/yellow throwbacks for primetime games. 

The gold still being on the jerseys is dumb though. They have indicated when they move into their new stadium they'll be changing the rest.

• Like 1

• Admin

Bucky Brooks mock draft 2.0: Year of the quarterback slide?

Garrett to Cleveland, Hooker to San Francisco, Adams to Chicago, Thomas to Jacksonville, Lattimore to Tennessee, Allen to NY Jets, Peppers to LA Chargers, Barnett to Carolina, Davis to Cincinnati, Jones to Buffalo.Then Fournette to Cleveland at #12, Trubisky to Washington at #17, Cook to Tampa Bay at #19, and Watson to NY Giants at #23.

19 minutes ago, damshow said:

After his 4.5 today I don't think Fournette is gonna be going to anyone in the fir- oh wait Cleveland.

Elliott ran a 4.47 last year and Fournette is 15 lbs heavier. I don't think his 40 was a problem.

• Admin

Likely bullshit, but...

The Redskins, Cowboys and 49ers are flirting with the idea of an unprecedented three-team quarterback blockbuster. The three organizations could soon discuss a trade that would send Kirk Cousins to San Francisco, Tony Romo to Washington and draft-pick compensation (including the No. 2 overall pick in April's draft) to Dallas, NFL Network Insider Ian Rapoport reported Friday, via sources informed of the potential talks.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000789797/article/could-tony-romo-be-involved-in-potential-cousins-deal

Just glad Kap opted out, because I wouldn't have put it past Jerry Jones to take Kap as part of a deal like that. 

(Though I won't be surprised if they end up signing him anyway.....)

10 hours ago, Meacon said:

If Dallas somehow gets the #2 pick by just giving up Tony Romo, then I'd say that's one of the biggest coups in the history of trading, considering earlier this week they were most likely just going to release him.

The magic of negotiating with two of the most incompetent franchises in the NFL!

We were talking about this last night at the bar. Kirk Cousins has absolutely played Dan Snyder and co. for fools. They have no choice but to eventually trade him since signing a longterm deal in Washington is less advantageous than riding out franchise tags every year. Since the franchise tag escalates every year you're on it they won't be able to afford anyone else around him. And if he sucks while playing under the tag and they decide not to resign him, he's suddenly the hottest free agent on the market. It's amazing. How do you fuck this up this badly?

What I'd like to see (even though it won't happen):

Dallas trades Romo to the Bears and Sanchez to the 49ers. They get picks and maybe cash, not players, in return.

The Bears trade Cutler to either the 49ers, who can decide which of the two overrated QBs gets to back up the other, or to the Browns, where he can back up RG3.

The Redskins trade Cousins, and whoever they get to replace him turns out to be hot garbage, on a `why isn't he a Cleveland Brown?' level. Meanwhile, Cousins turns out to be better than everyone thought. (As long as he's not a Colt, Eagle, Seahawk, Steeler or Patriot)

Kaepernick lands with a decent team and if he decides to go back on his word and start protesting again, they cut him so fast his eyes spin rather than telling him to stop or fining/suspending him for doing it, and the only team willing to sign him after is Cleveland. Where he gets to hold the ball for the kicker and never actually plays his position. (Not even for fake field goals)