Survivor: Game Changers **SPOILERS***

GoGo Yubari

The cast has been revealed in full officially (though it was pretty much an open secret for months), so here are the tribes:

Mana

Michaela Bradshaw (Millennials vs. Gen X)

Malcolm Freberg (Philippines, Caramoan)

Hali Ford (Worlds Apart)

Jeff Varner (Australian Outback, Second Chances)

Sandra Diaz-Twine (Pearl Islands, Heroes vs. Villains)

Tony Vlachos (Cagayan)

Ciera Eastin (Blood vs. Water, Second Chances)

Aubry Bracco (Kaoh Rong)

Caleb Reynolds (Kaoh Rong)

Troyzan Robertson (One World)

Nuku

Cirie Fields (Panama, Micronesia, Heroes vs. Villains)

J.T. Thomas (Tocantins, Heroes vs. Villains)

Andrea Boehlke (Redemption Island, Caramoan)

Tai Trang (Kaoh Rong)

Sarah Lacina (Cagayan)

Sierra Dawn-Thomas (Worlds Apart)

Brad Culpepper (Blood vs. Water)

Ozzy Lusth (Cook Islands, Micronesia, South Pacific)

Debbie Wanner (Kaoh Rong)

Zeke Smith (Millennials vs. Gen X)

Cast video:

• Like 1

As it goes with every returning player seasons - JT, Sandra and Tony are still amazing players. They will not do well. If anyone lets Tony or Sandra anywhere near a merge, they are idiotic players. I fully expect them all gone pre-merge and at least 2 of them gone in the first 3 episodes. If Sandra and Tony both survive the first vote... both will have impressed me as players. They are the walking dead. 

Excited to see Tai, Cirie and Debbie back. Plus the winners. I fully expect this to be a terrible season that probably kills what interest I have left in the new seasons. 

• Like 1

This season looks...wow...it looks like they had an original theme in mind and weren't able to get a cast so they threw this together last minute.

"BIG MOVEZ" Ciera im already tired of her. Sierra Dawn who? Hali who? Varner is a game changer how lol. Same with debbie, tai, caleb, etc. etc. 

I look forward to seeing Sandra and Tony. That's it. 

I'm pretty happy with this cast. I love big personalities, even if they suck at Survivor. 

There are some folks who are not big personalities (looking at you, Sarah Dawn Thomas). But I will give Survivor credit after Kelley Wentworth's return. I did not think she would be great coming back in and she was lovely. 

Ozzy's my only person really who I don't want to see back, but at least it will be fun to see him voted out again.

The only person I'm actively unhappy to see again is Troyzan, I thought he was truly insufferable in One World. Sierra and Hali are both very much "well, I guess I'll wait and see" picks.

To be honest, I enjoy reading all the articles and interviews of the players going into an all-returning player season as much if not more than the seasons themselves. This interview with Tony is great, as is this interview with Sandra.

5 hours ago, GhostMachine said:

I'm not happy that they're bringing back Brad Culpepper. But I'm glad Caleb Reynolds is getting another chance, after what happened with him.

Caleb of all people was questioning how Sandra is a game changer.

:| 

Caleb didn't do much because he was medically evacuated after a week and a half. His comment just shows ignorance or lack of knowledge regarding past contestants. But considering she's won twice, Sandra will have a huge target on her back from the get-go. If she's not the first eliminated, I'll be surprised if she's not one of the next two afterward. 

9 hours ago, GoGo Yubari said:

Sandra was savage there saying only 2-3 people were Game Changers. 

She ain't wrong. I guarantee you she survives her first tribal because these people are idiots and they won't take her out. She's Richard Hatch in All Stars. You take her out first. No question asked. 

1 hour ago, GhostMachine said:

Caleb didn't do much because he was medically evacuated after a week and a half. His comment just shows ignorance or lack of knowledge regarding past contestants. But considering she's won twice, Sandra will have a huge target on her back from the get-go. If she's not the first eliminated, I'll be surprised if she's not one of the next two afterward. 

People have played less time than he has and were game changers. Laugh at me, but Cao Boi from Cook Islands is a game changer lol. Why? He was the first one to come up with the split vote strategy to flush out an idol.

That's a game changer! :P 

Damn, that just made me realize that this season would have been as good an excuse as any to bring back Cao Boi. But then, that dude seems like he has better things to do than play Survivor again.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/28/2017 at 17:35, Alex. said:

So did anyone see this today? Link in spoiler.

Thoughts?

I like it, because its something that they should have done several seasons ago. But what I want to know is...

Since there's no revote and they go straight to discussion, will someone still have an opportunity to play an idol, or are they screwed? 

For example, Bob and Jim get votes. So Jeff tells everyone to decide on which one to get rid of. Can Bob interrupt before they start to talk about it, play an idol and say `bye, Jim!'?