Survivor: Game Changers **SPOILERS***

GoGo Yubari

Someone head over here: https://www.fantasysurvivorgame.com/

See if you type in EWB as the tribe name if it will let you join the league?

If it asks for an e-mail, we could set up something.

I know it's a bit last minute, but still might be fun. We could even wait for the first episode to finish and start on Thursday.

Great premiere.

Spoiler

Very sad to see Tony go, but it came at the hands of Sandra who I also love so I was fine with it. Those two going at each other was so fking entertaining. Like some of the most entertaining TV ive seen from survivor in awhile.

The second half surprised me.

If they were smart and wanted to win challenges, they'd have eliminated Sandra (who I thought was going to get eliminated, not Tony) or Varner. They're physically the worst on that tribe. I'm stunned Sandra didn't get a single vote, but maybe they're buying into her `I already won twice, so no way they give me another million' comment. Tony may be a wild card, but Sandra isn't going to be much help on physical challenges. Varner, either.

I can't wait for Culpepper and Cirie to go. 

Edited by GhostMachine

Ha, man, the editors got me good.

Spoiler

Just the sheer amount of cocky Sandra confessionals made me convinced that she was going. Instead, no matter what, we basically just got an entire season Sandra vs. Legendary Survivor Villain Arc over the course of one episode.

Ciera also seemed like a no-brainer. The preseason interviews gave the impression that pretty much everyone was wary of her and she would have had to have gotten a pretty perfect tribe breakdown to last very long.

I also finally realized who Sarah Lacina reminds me of: she's basically a less-boisterous Sue Hawk.

That 2nd episode by the way, just further made me support the All Winners Season cause. That needs to happen.

Spoiler

Seeing Tony and Sandra go each other was beyond entertaining. Amazing pair for television.

My two favorite parts of the premiere: 

• Cirie mind fucking Tai. It just shows how perceptive and amazing Cirie was. 
  • Sandra outplaying Tony. I'm not talking about the vote off. You want to know when you realize Sandra's game is so great? When she approaches the well and everyone is stead fast to know who they should target and Sandra completely throws the same question back at them and they all just openly start discussing names. It was masterful. 

I thought it was a good premiere. It is insane to me that 9 people allowed Sandra to escape two different votes. I don't think she is going to win this season, but somehow Sandra has improved her perception of herself by surviving two tribal councils.  She should have been the first one to go. 

• Like 1

I really like Tai and I think that scene showed why I love him. I saw some people on Reddit claiming "oh, that shows Tai is an awful player", but I think it strengthened his and Cirie's bond. Tai is not capable of lying or playing this cut throat and deceptive game. He offered Cirie really great information and was forthcoming with her. That is the type of game Tai needs to play. 

The tribe just made a stupid decision with who they eliminated. 

And how the hell did Sandra win even once, let alone twice? Or has she just changed for the worse since she was last on? (I didn't see either of her seasons) She seems next to useless, and has a bad attitude.

Sandra's immediate response to the Dead Grandma story in Pearl Islands, regardless of whether it was true or not, was to roll her eyes and try to eliminate Thunder Dan from the challenge regardless of how the rest of the tribe felt. She's not playing anything up, there's just not a megaheel like Fairplay, Russell, or hypothetically Tony to offset that. Sandra doesn't give a fuck and has never given a fuck, and the fact that she's so open with that actually works to her advantage.

Spoiler

Also it was a real goddamn relief that they made an entire tribe filled of people I'm not invested in and that's the tribe that had to go to tribal this week. Makes up for the crushing disappointment that is Troyzan getting an advantage in the game.

GoGo....

I'm pretty much in agreement about that tribe...except the only one on it I actually cared about is the one who got eliminated!

I take back when I said before about Brad Culpepper. He was an ass the last time around, and even admitted it and is trying to be better. I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt, but he becomes a jackass again, he gots ta go. But right now, he's the member of that tribe I want to see around the longest. (I really hope Tai goes soon.....)

Edited by GhostMachine

I don't know if I should be impressed by Brad Culpepper's ability to manipulate Tai or whether to just realize that Tai is so easily manipulated.

18 hours ago, GoGo Yubari said:

Sandra's immediate response to the Dead Grandma story in Pearl Islands, regardless of whether it was true or not, was to roll her eyes and try to eliminate Thunder Dan from the challenge regardless of how the rest of the tribe felt. She's not playing anything up, there's just not a megaheel like Fairplay, Russell, or hypothetically Tony to offset that. Sandra doesn't give a fuck and has never given a fuck, and the fact that she's so open with that actually works to her advantage.

Reveal hidden contents

I was as skeptic of Troyzan being on this season as anyone but this guy loves Survivor. He's been asking to come back since he got voted out and they kept telling him to wait. He agreed to Second Chances knowing he might not make it. He's finally made it back and he cried over getting that idol. I don't know, this episode made me change my tune on Troyzan a bit.