Survivor: Game Changers **SPOILERS***

GoGo Yubari

27 minutes ago, Ms. Canadian Destroyer said:

Her tribe could start winning as well and she could make it to the merge. Maybe on the other tribe, they pick of some Nukus and things look a little more even. Debbie isn't in a great spot, Cirie could be argued as a bigger threat come merge time. So many times, it seems like Sandra should be the one to go home and she doesn't. So who knows. 

Yeah, like she isn't even first on the chopping block if they lose - my guess is that Aubry is on the outs from the three of Varner, Michaela and Sandra. But given timing of episodes and when the merge typically happens these days (around episode 6), I am guessing that there has to be a swap this week or next week. 

Incredible. I have honestly no goddamn clue how she's done it, but Sandra is absolutely incredible. She got two people to fight over sugar. Over motherfucking sugar. 

Spoiler

JT was a moron. No matter, he seemed to have strayed really far from his initial target of Sandra, and so stupidly as well. I'm still reeling from last week when Mana for some goddamn reason didn't eliminate Sandra, and this week was just pure amazeballs.

Sandra has always been perceptive. Her winning move in HvV was figuring out how to manipulate Russell into taking out Coach first, which basically sealed that she was going into the merge. 

My take on the Sandra situation:

The other contestants are taking what she said about her already winning twice, so no one will give her another million dollars to heart. Because lets face it: Out of the people not voted out so far, her and Jeff Varner (who I like) are pretty much useless at challenges.

That said, if she somehow manages to make it to the finale, and actually does end up winning again, then the other final.....4 or so...contestants....should all be banned for life from ever playing again for being stupid enough to not vote her out.

Personally, I can't wait for her, Tai, and Debbie to get voted out. Cirie, too, but right now I really want those three gone more than her.

Wow.

Thought Tai was going home 100%. Good call on him not to play one of his two idols.

Sad to see Sandra go but she took her exit like a queen. So classy.

Hated the Debbie/Cochran stuff. I don't mind her going to a luxury Exile and her getting an advantage is fine. I love the idea of a fake idol kit but nobody would ever take it when the other two options were there.[/spoilers]

Spoiler

I'm at a crossroads with this season. All the people I like are gone and what remains...people that either have gotten a purple kelly edit, or people I find very annoying.

Sandra was truly great this season to watch. Her vs. Tony was so fun to watch! 

I'm divided. I want to try and stick it out, but I am not invested at all into these people. I tuned out S30 when I had enough, and I think I will be tuning out this season soon.

Spoiler

The moment they didn't show Tai's vote I knew it was theater. I'm just sad she didn't make the jury. She more than cemented her legacy as the best player ever, took about as bad a swap as it could get. The only one of her allies that went with her was the one person worse at challenges than her while Michaela, Troyzan, and Hali went the other way.

Cirie's my favorite left but they haven't shown a single confessional of hers in three episodes so I know she's not gonna win, and so "does Varner finally make the fucking jury" has basically become the thing I'm most invested in.

• Like 1

HALLEJULAH!!!!

As for the Exile advantages, I can only think of one reason anyone would take the fake idol optiion....besides the other two not being available, that is: Make the fake idol, plant it somewhere so someone else finds it and plays it, thinking its real. Because revealing you have an idol is going to get you votes and giving someone an idol would make them suspicious.

Minus Ozzy and Varner, that entire tribe can get voted out, for all I care.

Edited by GhostMachine
spelling error

So that hit me really hard. I know that what happened to Zeke does not even compare to what I'm feeling, but I feel betrayed by Varner. He's a gay man and an advocate and I just don't see how he thought that made any sense. It paints a really clear picture of how even people inside the LGBTQ+ community. Saying that being trans is deceiving someone. I think his argument was more that he wasn't telling anyone in the game, so he was hiding something and being deceptive, not so much that all trans people are deceptive. Trans people aren't being deceptive. I mean, Zeke made the point better than I ever could. 

But fuck. That was so shitty. And probably the shittiest thing that someone has ever done in the game.

The only positive is how everyone else reacted, how clearly and quickly Varner realized how terrible that was, Zeke's response, Jeff Probst's reaction and how the show put together what happened.

• Like 2

*sigh*

I've gone from liking Varner, even though he's a goat, to now hoping they never ever let him play the game again. If he's smart, he'll check himself into a hospital with a `mysterious illness' rather than showing up for the reunion, because he's going to get roasted alive. Also, he should be toast as an advocate, because he outed someone as transgender on national television, not just to his tribe and Jeff Probst. His credibility is dead.

Zeke is one of my favorite players, by the way.

1 minute ago, GhostMachine said:

*sigh*

Hide contents

I've gone from liking Varner, even though he's a goat, to now hoping they never ever let him play the game again. If he's smart, he'll check himself into a hospital with a `mysterious illness' rather than showing up for the reunion, because he's going to get roasted alive. Also, he should be toast as an advocate, because he outed someone as transgender on national television, not just to his tribe and Jeff Probst. His credibility is dead.

Zeke is one of my favorite players, by the way.

He should come to the finale. He should own up to what he did. He has actually on social media. It's going to take longer to rebuild his trust, but he should at least try. Him doing that, as terrible as it is, created an incredible moment for Zeke to be an advocate and hero for people. Having Varner at the finale will continue to do that.

• Like 1

Got spoiled as to what happened and I don't think I can watch this episode. Just completely shocked and mortified. Starting to worry that this is the second all-returning players season I'm going to end up bailing out on in a row.

Spoiler

I already knew Zeke was trans, unfortunately enough, because he was basically outed on the Survivor subreddit months ago (someone, for whatever reason internet people do these things, was tracking down articles about him from Harvard and it came up in there) and I made the mistake of clicking on the wrong thing. That stuff died down within a few days, though, and I'd hoped that ultimately it wasn't going to be a well-known for as long as Zeke didn't want it to be a well-known thing.

I am so mad at and disappointed in Varner. I understand what an absolutely awful place his head must have been at but that doesn't excuse it. I read his statement on Twitter and it was the right thing to say, and he should go to the finale and say it there too, and that should be it for him and Survivor.

• Like 1