The 2017 EWB Fantasy Baseball League: Lil' Papi's Retirement Tour

thatshortguy

la-cdzurilla-1478192680-snap-photo.jpg

"Hundred years of a curse!  Goats, Bartmans!"  "The Cubs rising from the Central!"  "Closer sacrifices, dogs and cats living together...mass hysteria!"

Welcome, friends.  You know the drill by now, though there will be a few changes.  The league is once again through Yahoo.  It will be a Roto league.  The main changes:

1.  Two starting pitchers, two relief pitchers, two general pitching spots.  This is down from 2 SPs, 2 RPs, & 3 Ps.  Required innings will remain at 15.
2.  Bench spots reduced from four to two.
3.  Disabled List is reduced from two spots to one.  It's not dead, but it is under Triple Secret Probation.
4.  Other teams now have two days to protest trades.  This is up from one day and more accurately reflects how real-life trades go down.
5.  Trading Deadline is now August 27th, pushed from August 13th...because trades are fun!
6.  Waivers have also been placed on the Disabled List.

Rosters will be as follows:  1 each at every position (including LF, CF, & RF), 1 Utility batter, 2 bench positions.  2 starting pitchers, 2 relievers, 2 general pitchers.
Scoring categories are as follows:  Runs, HRs, RBIs, Steals, AVG, OBP+SLG %, Pitching Wins, Pitcher Strikeouts, ERA, K/BB Ratio, OBP Against, Saves+Holds.

Signups are closed.  The Second Longest Draft Ever commences Friday, February 24th.

Player List can be found here.

This season will also mark the final fantasy league I will partake in, hence the title.  So let's have some fun and play ball.

Teams -
1.  thatshortguy - Wisler's Mothers
2.  Maxx - Al Kaline Trio
3.  Busch - Kieth's Mustache
4.  El Tiburon - Gas House Gorillas
5.  mattman1624 - Kawada's Gonzo Bombs
6.  HC - Las Flamas Blancas
7.  LNK - LNK's Hakuna Machado
8.  9 to 5 - Potton Wolverines
9.  THE REIGNING AND DEFENDING EWBBL CHAMPION:  Ace Berimmer - Benintentional Walk
10.  Mad Jack - Sam's Superb Team
11.  Jim Neidhart - Srartown Sweeties
12.  Twist - Team of Noobitude
13.  Lowerdeck - The Based Gods
14.  Cloudy - Streakbreakers
15.  The Canadian Destroyer - Canadian Destroyers

• Like 1

If my team (which I've renamed the Streakbreakers. We're gonna break streaks this year!) is anything like it was last year, no matter how many slots are on the bench or the DL I'm going to wind up starting injured players. :shifty:

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Maxx said:

Um...I would say that reducing the bench spots while also removing the disabled list is um...not great.

I had to ponder this one for a bit, but I feel like reducing the bench and removing the DL keeps people from stashing too many players.  I want to reward those who check in often and also address the comments that we had too many bench spots in play.

Of course, everything's flexible.  So are the rules for this league. :pervert: 

That's the way it works in basketball.  I don't think it should be removed, as it's going to potentially end up leading to someone having to drop a high draft pick player in order to stay competitive. 

• Like 1

Yeah but that just punishes people who check every day and allows those that are just passive to the chance to scoop up high value players if they happen upon them at the right time.

• Like 1

Yeah. I checked every day last season and part of the reason I did it was to drop players, put people on the DL or the bench, etc. I feel like at least one DL spot is a fair compromise.