RuPaul's Drag Race

Mx. Canadian Destroyer

That's Thorgy, Bob & Acid Betty? There's some love for Acid Betty online but I was not a fan at all. Thorgy is great, as is Bob. Saw Thorgy live and she played the violin and it was totally bad ass. Love her. 

What was the piss-off you're referring to?

So, about the next season...

All Stars 3. COME THROUUUUGH. By the sounds of it, the cast is: Trixie, Chi Chi, Aja, Milk, Morgan, Kennedy, DeLa, Ongina, Thorgy & Shangela. Which I guess is either setting up for a Shangela, Chi Chi or Trixie win. [/spoilers]

40 minutes ago, Ms. Canadian Destroyer said:

That's Thorgy, Bob & Acid Betty? There's some love for Acid Betty online but I was not a fan at all. Thorgy is great, as is Bob. Saw Thorgy live and she played the violin and it was totally bad ass. Love her. 

What was the piss-off you're referring to?

Acid Betty, haha.

It's a combination of me thinking that Naomi should gave gone out like... twice in a row and then Acid growing on me over the course of the program. At first I was irked that they were the only caustic one there but the personality and the admission that fitting in was an issue won me over in the end, but when they showcased that part I was almost entirely sure that it was it. Doubly so when she had to lip sync in that crazy outfit.

I like Robbie too but more so if there wasn't an attempt to explain away after every bit of criticism.

My girlfriend instantly liked Kim Chi and had we been into this like.. any sooner than we ended up it would've been nice because we JUST missed the chance to see Kim Chi this past Friday about an hour away. Kim is fine as far as I'm concerned but the looks don't really land for me.

7 minutes ago, Katsuya said:

So, about the next season...

Hide contents

All Stars 3. COME THROUUUUGH. By the sounds of it, the cast is: Trixie, Chi Chi, Aja, Milk, Morgan, Kennedy, DeLa, Ongina, Thorgy & Shangela. Which I guess is either setting up for a Shangela, Chi Chi or Trixie win. [/spoilers]

Spoiler

While I love me some Drag Race, I'm surprised to see All-Stars so soon after the last one. I kind of liked the 4 seasons, then an All-Stars style, but I can't complain about more RPDR. 

I love Trixie, will be rooting for her, at least based on the cast rumours so far. I think it would be interesting to see what Milk can do, especially following a Sasha Velour win. Love DeLa, too. Surprised with no Kim Chi, actually. 

On 7/30/2017 at 16:59, Apsham said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

Kim Chi got a lot of love, especially at the bar I watched at but I was not really a fan. She's like super cute and would have been my favourite is Bob and Thorgy weren't around. 

I really did not like Acid Betty at all. Naomi grew on me as the show progressed. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Apsham said:

Finished episode 7 and saw the preview for the next episode which is.... Strangers With Candy themed!? :o

ApSham, there are so many strange themes. There is one season that legitimately has a wrestling challenge. Joey Ryan is in it. 

• Like 2

MCD is right. Season 4. 

In my opinion, the best seasons are either Season 4 or Season 6. Season 8, which you just watched, is also very good. 

My rule of thumb is always "watch the seasons of a reality competition show in chronological order!" But Drag Race is the exception. Seasons 1 and 2 are really rough around the edges. Season 1 more so. I

If someone asked "what is the best order to watch the show in?" It is probably to watch seasons 3 onward. Seasons 1 and 2 are fine ,but they do not have the same main judges and the show is noticeably low budget in Season 2. 

• Like 1

So what got me back into the show was going to a Drag Race show in Toronto. Funnily enough, I fucking hated Sharon Needles. Her performance was terrible, she said "thanks Montreal!" and she sprayed some weird foam all over the audience. I was pissed.

Then I watched Season 4 and was like "oh my god, I can't believe I hated her. I love her."