Fire Pro Wrestling World

Liam

So far I'm really enjoying it. The striking is terrible but grapples are fun and I'm already enjoying it a lot more than I've enjoyed any WWE game for the last 10 years.

Just going through mission mode at the moment, because it seems like the best way to learn everything, and I'm having a blast.

There is a level of jank to it, but for me that's actually part of the charm.

I struggle to line up strikes at all, but I'm enjoying playing as Minoru Suzuki. Made CM Punk tap to an armbar twenty seconds into round 2 of an MMA fight.

Still finding my way with it, and spent more time last night downloading CAWs than playing the thing, but hoping that Mission Mode and the story mode thing will help attune me to it.

I find that landing strikes is one of the most satisfying parts of the game. Especially upon landing a strong strike.

I definitely need to learn more of the more difficult moves to pull off, apron moves, springboards etc. Mainly because at the moment, my matches consist of basic striking and grapples.

You really have to know your strikes well to land them. That's fine for story mode where you play just your guy but when you're switching around it's a pain to have to test every strike on air to get a grip on the distance.

5 hours ago, Ollie said:

Eight characters per name? The fuck is up with that?

Yeah sometimes you gotta be creative. Character field is better than FPRs where real guys names would just not fit.

11 hours ago, Ollie said:

Eight characters per name? The fuck is up with that?

One good thing is that you can remove spaces.  So like if a guy's first name is "Fan" and last name "dango" you can just remove the space so it'll correctly show as Fandango.

There are also more character spots in the surname, but with really long names it could get screwy in the menus.  Like a DBS edit I had showed on the charachter select screen as:

"Davey Bo
y Smith Jr."

and there was no way in hell my OCD would allow that so I deleted the period and changed the name to

"Davey
Boy Smith Jr"

I'm weird :lol:

8 hours ago, Busch Luck Fale said:

One good thing is that you can remove spaces.  So like if a guy's first name is "Fan" and last name "dango" you can just remove the space so it'll correctly show as Fandango.

There are also more character spots in the surname, but with really long names it could get screwy in the menus.  Like a DBS edit I had showed on the charachter select screen as:

"Davey Bo
y Smith Jr."

and there was no way in hell my OCD would allow that so I deleted the period and changed the name to

"Davey
Boy Smith Jr"

I'm weird :lol:

I do it too 😂

You have to transfer them to a stable via the edit screen. 

Go to Team Edit first to create whatever it is you want, promotion etc, then create a stable within that promotion. Then go back to the Transfer Wrestler section under Edit mode and transfer your downloads into wherever it is you want them to sit. 

• Thanks 1

Yeah, the interface is a bit tedious and counter-intuitive, but you get used to it.

In the last match I played, Black Tiger ran out to help Jim Breaks, and they proceeded to double suplex Big Daddy over the top rope to the floor. This game is preposterous.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Skummy said:

Yeah, the interface is a bit tedious and counter-intuitive, but you get used to it.

In the last match I played, Black Tiger ran out to help Jim Breaks, and they proceeded to double suplex Big Daddy over the top rope to the floor. This game is preposterous.

I love stuff like that. I had a CPU match going between Matt Jackson and Matt Hardy and Gangrel ran out. Who he was coming out to help will forever go unanswered, because he rolled in the ring, got hit by a top rope drop kick from Matt Jackson, and rolled right back out. 

• Haha 7

32 minutes ago, VerbalPuke said:

Was the drop kick intentional or was it just wrong place wrong time for Gangrel?

I think it was meant for Hardy. But I like to imagine Gangrel was suppose to come in, do something awesome, and receive a huge push, only to accidentally get in the way, realized he fucked up, and just got out of the ring to prevent further damage. 

• Like 2