Fire Pro Wrestling World

Liam

2 hours ago, =BK= said:

How the crap do I shake someone off the cage?

get on the apron, d-pad to cage + mash circle.

3 minutes ago, Maxx said:

Where can I find them?  I only see the ones i’ve created

...weird. When you go to VIEW TITLE they all aren't in there? Or if you go to have a match, you should be able to click on TITLE MATCH and they should be available in there. I don't think I did anything to "unlock" them. They were all just there when I went to play. 

That's why the Promoter DLC is so appealing to me...on the PC.  I want menus and stats all over my monitor, but as far as just "hey, let's all just be Stan Hansen and use nothing but lariats", the PS4 version is perfect for that.

Being able to add wrestlers from your phone is fairly cool, too.  I understand the Steam Workshop integration on the PC, but something unified could have been rather convenient.

1 hour ago, Maxx said:

Yeah, they still don't pop up under view titles, but they can be added to matches.

I think the View Titles is just for any that you create.

As I've been going through the edits, I've found a few that I like. For WCW 2001-ish era, I had a great 13 minute match as "The Crippler" Steven Richards against Diamond Dallas Page for the WCW World Heavyweight Championship. Had been working on DDP's neck for the majority of the bout, caught an opening after reversing a couple of moves and dominated for about a minute and a half... but I got cocky with my neck work and didn't take time to breathe, had Page reverse my attempt at the Crippler Crossface, and then caught him with a big German Suplex. Took Beno..Richards a bit longer to get up because Page's stamina was better at the time, and as soon as I got up, I ate a desperation Diamond Cutter from the AI and lost.

Fire Pro reminds me a lot of Bloodborne. Where in most wrestling games, me losing is usually attributed to the game being broken in some way, or having to jack the difficulty level all the way up... Fire Pro is a lot like chess. If you make a mistake, it could wind up costing you big time. But you learn from those mistakes, which makes you a better player. It's like Bloodborne for me in that it can be difficult, but if I'm paying attention, plotting my way through, making good decisions and getting that little bit of stats luck, there's no reason why I should be losing, unless I make a mistake.

One thing I did notice though, is that when playing that exhibition match for the WCW Title, the entrance music isn't really loud enough to come over top of the background noise. I'll have to check the settings and see if I can turn that up.

32 minutes ago, Meacxico said:

Is it possible to turn the BGM off? I’ve not looked but I may end up doing that when I sit down to play tonight. 

It’s all in the audio settings off the main menu. The in-match and menu settings are separate, although I have them both switched off. 

What level are people playing at? I find that 9 is best for me, although I still win all of the test of strengths and strike contests. 

This game needs to autosave like any other game made in the past decade. I lost 6 fucking matches of progress in the story because of a crash. I'm done with it for today.