Fire Pro Wrestling World

Liam

42 minutes ago, Liam said:

Am I missing something considering that had already been announced when FPW was first a thing? 

That it’s offically licensed as an NJPW game? I’m assuming you’re referring to the PS4 bit? 

1 hour ago, Avenged said:

That it’s offically licensed as an NJPW game? I’m assuming you’re referring to the PS4 bit? 

Ah, that's what I missed - I was looking at it when I woke up and just noticed the PS4 thing.

Cool news. I have it on PC, but will probably eventually pick it up on PS4.

3 minutes ago, Liam said:

Ah, that's what I missed - I was looking at it when I woke up and just noticed the PS4 thing.

Cool news. I have it on PC, but will probably eventually pick it up on PS4.

Same, even more likely to get it again now. Apparently there’s a career mode where you start as a young lion too.

While having an official NJPW license is cool, I'm happier just to see a firmer release schedule for PS4 than anything else. I was hoping that the NJPW game would be a separate standalone - a 3D game that could potentially give the WWE games a run for their money, not necessarily financially, but creatively enough to give 2k a reason to put more of an effort in - but I'll take what I can get.

Is the PS4 release timetable Japan only, or worldwide?

4 minutes ago, Apsham said:

Paid DLC? They're at the point in the PC version where I think they could do a lot more but they've slowed down considerably.

I think it because they are working on the Career mode and it will be paid DLC as far as I know.

23 minutes ago, tristy said:

Is the New Japan stuff for PC too? I see the little Steam logo there...?

Apparently when the PS4 version launches there will be an update to the steam version, making it essentially the same.

5 hours ago, Liam said:

Whilst the license is cool, the editing and quality thereof by FPW users means you could probably easily have all the New Japan stuff now.

I would expect that certain moves, parts or other things are going to be locked behind the DLC for the full version. Things like, you can only get Destino if you buy the New Japan DLC, otherwise you can download a Naito but have to settle for a different finish.

They must have some way to make that happen... OR, maybe what we're paying for is the Story Mode DLC, and the official characters are just an additional plus. That might be the better option anyways. Don't take away any creative freedom, but offer up game mode expansions or other similar type things to get the funds out of us. We WILL pay for those things.

12 minutes ago, Avenged said:

I might be mistaken but I haven’t seen anywhere it’s says it’s a paid DLC? The NJPW is part of the PS4 version and the steam version will get an update accordingly. 

The Career Mode was rumoured to be paid DLC before. Whether that has changed or not, who knows? 

4 hours ago, Gabriel said:

I would expect that certain moves, parts or other things are going to be locked behind the DLC for the full version. Things like, you can only get Destino if you buy the New Japan DLC, otherwise you can download a Naito but have to settle for a different finish.

Well Destino is already in FPW. Some of his other moves, like Gloria, isn't (yet).

I for one hope that Suzuki-gun is added into whatever NJPW content is involved so we can have some Zack Sabre Jr submissions.

• Like 1

So there was a stream last night. The jist of it was:

• They're teasing something big, even bigger than the NJPW announcement but they can't say anything yet
  • NJPW will be included with story mode DLC for the PC, the PS4 version will have everything included
  • They're aiming to get the DLC out before the G1
  • The story mode is going to be modeled after Fire Pro G, not just a series of matches. You start out as a Young Lion and you fight your way up through the system with branching choices
  • The story mode will only focus on the heavyweight division for now
  • More free updates and moves are still coming
  • Current development focus is improving the UI and QOL - including a better way to sort wrestlers
  • Re; promoter mode - you need to have a minimum of 4 promotions with 6 wrestlers each, hopefully landing at the end of January/February

And finally there'll be an update today sometime with the following moves added:

- Flying Bodyscissors Attack
- Flying Bodyscissors Attack B
- Powerslam B
- Corkscrew Cannonball Senton
- Brass Knuckles Punch
- Emerald Flowsion
- Press Powerslam
- Tights Pulling Piledriver
- Turning Driving B
- Falcon Arrow
- Falcon Arrow B
- Vertical Falcon Arrow