Fire Pro Wrestling World

Liam

28 minutes ago, Hellraiser said:

So will the NJPW roster be DLC for people who bought the game on Steam?

Yes

16 hours ago, Hellraiser said:

So will the NJPW roster be DLC for people who bought the game on Steam?

Yeah, and it should be the same price or less for everything as people will be paying for the PS4 version which includes it on disc. I only bring that up, because a lot of people who have it on Steam can't seem to do math and keep freaking out about how PS4 users are getting the love, and PC users are being screwed over. Not the case at all.

I mean if anything it was the PC players that got favoritism, since they got to play the game before it was finished and for cheaper.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mattu29 said:

is there confirmation about the NJPW guys being available for steam guys? and if so, when?

Yes, August 28.

Tidbits revealed from the director's Twitter account:

1) Official NJPW roster will have special affiliation entrance nameplates; for example Naito will have the LIJ logo where the Fire Pro World logo usually is.

2) There may a quick unlock all option for people who don't want to do mission mode, more details to come.

• Like 2

I know it's doubtful, but I really hope that additional content continues to roll out, adding in more of the guys from New Japan, and then maybe extending that relationship so that they can bring in Ring of Honor, Rev Pro and CMLL.

I know these guys can all be made, but official versions will include things that edit makers just can't.

Have they mentioned if there's a limit on PS4 Edits yet?

11 hours ago, Brody said:

Does anyone know if all physical copies come with that sweet NJPW book? Or is that only Gamestop. Got mine from Amazon but it doesn't say anything about it.

While I don't have an answer to your question, I pre-ordered the physical copy with the full intention of trading it in later when the trade value and digital price are similar. I really just wanted the Almanac and any other cool little things came with the game.

The guys at my local store didn't know what the game was, but I explained it to my buddy and he's really excited to give it a try sometime, even though he isn't a wrestling fan. Just telling him about the customization made his eyes light up, especially when I mentioned how many Simpsons edits I've seen.

I played the hell out of the FPW released on GBA. Hours were spent during lunch period just making the most random characters with insane movesets. Loved that game so super stoked for this one. Just hope the PS4 community is as good with edits as the PC community is.

It's entirely possible that more than a few people who've been making edits for PC might 1:1 remake their edits in PS4 as well.

That's not a given though and unless there's cross-platform functionality (which probably won't happen), there's no guarantee of output, especially as some people are only buying a second copy to support Spike.