Fire Pro Wrestling World

Liam

20 minutes ago, Apsham said:

You don't have the stats to climb the turnbuckles when you start, otherwise you'll fall when you start - if you're talking about Fighting Road.

Otherwise it's towards the buckle and MEDIUM (X).

The manual says tap - but consensus is in the earlier stages that holding will do it for you. Another post in the Steam forum said that someone watched the code working behind the scenes and noted that you'll gain back health while tapping during a pin.

So, we're going to go with tapping?

Just now, Liam Mk2 said:

So, we're going to go with tapping?

Unless that manual was just written by fans who went with the most popular theory I suppose that's the way to go. I just normally mashed everything but I'm going to go back down to just X now and see if anything changes.

23 minutes ago, Apsham said:

You don't have the stats to climb the turnbuckles when you start, otherwise you'll fall when you start - if you're talking about Fighting Road.

Otherwise it's towards the buckle and MEDIUM (X).

The manual says tap - but consensus is in the earlier stages that holding will do it for you. Another post in the Steam forum said that someone watched the code working behind the scenes and noted that you'll gain back health while tapping during a pin.

Thanks!

Fighting Road is pretty cool. I'm only through the Dojo matches, but I like that I'm a Young Lion when I start. Working my way towards new moves and skills is pretty cool. I know WWE 2K does this, but it feels like so much more of a grind in those games, and less rewarding.

Won my second Dojo match, the final of the mini-tournament, in 12:07 via German Suplex Hold. I'd been working over the arm with the Fujiwara Armbar, and had been doing damage to the back for my Boston Crab, but it was a surprise German Suplex that won me the bout. I love that matches don't need finishers to end.

Here's a hint for an early Fighting Road match if you have an issue with it like I did - at the end of the dojo phase you have to beat Nagata with your finisher between 15-18 minutes and for me it was a pain in the ass.. I dominated and he kicked out relentlessly. For that match, I switched my finisher to a submission for that match and got through it. :P

Though it's cool that the goals aren't mandatory.

28 minutes ago, HonorLives said:

I'm new to Fire Pro, and I have a need to smack Yano around for awhile. How do you grapple in this game?

There's a mode under offline to teach you the basics - I haven't played it since the game launched, but I think it should give you the basics. When you approach and do the grapple animation, winning is based off your timing when they touch shoulders. Since there's no reversal button in the game and it's based on stats, you'll find a lot of your grapples will be instantly reversed if you try to do MED (X) or BIG(O) grapples right off the bat, so work then down a bit with LIGHT(□) grapples.

I hope Spike's version of Yano has a priority that chains the RVD taunt to the shrug, as our lord Minoru Suzuki intended.

I really want the Fighting Road mode to hurry and come out on PC. :(

One thing I seem to struggle with on this game is back grapples. I can seemingly never win them. 

Last match I played was a cracker between Jake Roberts and Randy Orton (me). Was fairly back and forth for about 10-11 minutes, then Jake got me up for a suplex but I reversed it, dropped behind him, did a quick taunt and as soon as he turned around I hit him with an RKO for the critical finish. It was that little bit more satisfying as I have them set to low, so they are rare occurrences. 

Since I had audio disabled on PC I never checked. Are all the old FPR themes in this game? Mostly wondering about the knockoff Hayabusa and Muta themes.

Speaking of taunts, I'm addicted to doing Natio's down taunt (somersault into the laying down taunt) to my own detriment.

Also the grapple timing difficulty between Level 6 and Level 7 is killer - I'm playing as SANADA in a tournament and I'm having problems with one of the Young Lions.

This should be in my mailbox and I'll be picking it up when I'm off work. Played FPW Returns, I think it was, on PS2. Had a hard time getting into it but I got it at a time when I was really not playing video games at all and sold everything I had. Interested to see how I like this one. Everyone on here seems to love these games.

Am I reading this right?!  The promoter and story mode stuff is only in the deluxe version?! And it's 90 goddam bucks?! What the fuck.

EDIT:Oh, it's the JHW story. Ok. So base game does have the heavyweight story.

Story Mode is already in, what's in the deluxe is another scenario for you to play. You're right on Fire Promoter, though.

On another note, I've gone absolutely crazy downloading ring textures to create rings that I've barely played the game. I've only done one sim so far, but it was pretty amazing, with Dragon Lee beating Takahashi for the Junior belt in a 40 minute classic :wub: