Fire Pro Wrestling World

Liam

7 hours ago, Meacxico said:

Save it after every match, ya mook. Takes two seconds. 

I try to remember to do it but I just wanna play and don't think of it till the middle of the next match.

I think I've figured out my finishing combo. One of my specials is the running knee in the corner that lands you on your feet and staggers the opponet out for another move. My finish is the sitout version of Adam Page's over the back piledriver. I corner them, hit the knee, whip them opposite to hit the knee again, send them back to the original corner for a third knee before finally scooping them over my back and dropping them on their head. I've crit'ed three guys this way. Sometimes someone will dodge the knee so it's not foolproof but it's still cool.

Why not just do a frog splash after the clapping taunt?

• Like 2

That's the one thing that I don't like about the Fire Pro series gameplay wise - I really want them to add the ability to hold a button like L1 when you're doing a submission and it'll block the opponent from tapping out. When I put one on by mistake, I always mash the release button but sometimes it's just a millisecond too late.

18 minutes ago, Apsham said:

That's the one thing that I don't like about the Fire Pro series gameplay wise - I really want them to add the ability to hold a button like L1 when you're doing a submission and it'll block the opponent from tapping out. When I put one on by mistake, I always mash the release button but sometimes it's just a millisecond too late.

I won the semi-final of the Young Lions tournament by accident. I guess I'd done too much damage to Kawato's head, and after I used ukemi to let him get some offense in, we had a back and forth exchange of strikes. Neither one of us got up right away, and I managed to time a wrestling takedown perfectly, landing in guard and then raining down some Shotei's to soften him up for my trademark back damage moves, thinking I would win with the Boston Crab, like any other young lion. Nope. Kawato tapped out to the Shotei strikes after three or four of them. What a bitch.

But yeah, a button that allows us to let go of a move before a potential submission would be great so that we can avoid random ass finishes when we aren't going for them. It could help up the intrigue and entertainment of the match, or could even be used as a heel tactic in the sense of "This guy has done so much damage to his opponent. He could submit him right here, but he's just not done dishing out the punishment yet" type of a deal.

I found a bunch of really good NXT edits. I've got about 13 or 14 men and 5 or so women. Gonna run a League to crown the NXT World Champion soon, which should be fun. Will also be crowning a WWF World Champion in a match between Bret Hart and Yokozuna. It's just too bad I don't have a Hulk Hogan who can come out after and squash everyone's heat.

Press X before the ref checks for the submission is best you can do to break before the bell.

2 minutes ago, OctoberRaven said:

Press X before the ref checks for the submission is best you can do to break before the bell.

Yeah, we've got that, but sometimes you can't press it quick enough to avoid the submission, unfortunately. So a dedicated button to not allowing for the finish would be nice.

Ok I have a really dumb question. I have created a Japanese PSN account but it would let me link either my card or my PayPal to it. I’ve tried on both the console and laptop. Any thing I’m missing?

For clarification, you can find the IWGP titles in "VIEW TITLE" when the belts have a champion. So once someone wins one of your belts, they'll show up in the VIEW TITLE screen. I only noticed, because I went to VIEW TITLE to double check I wasn't crazy and I only have the three titles with champs, IC: KUSHIDA (won in a battle royal), OPENWEIGHT: Ishii, and the Jr. Heavy Tag: Pentagon & Rey Misterio Jr.

I somehow managed to last and win the 8 Man "Battle Royale" in my second SWA match. My guy was exhausted by the end (32 minutes of action), and I was so afraid that I was going to get pinned or submitted, but I pulled out the victory with a Rolling Kneebar out of nowhere. I just happened to notice throughout the match that the final competitor had been worn down in the leg area, as other guys had locked him into the Figure Four, and one of my favorite moves is the Dragon Screw Leg Whip. The final dude kept reversing my shit at first, but I caught him with a reversal of my own, and then when he came back at me, it was time for the Rolling Kneebar and the win.

At some point I'm going to have to stop saying how much I love this game.

What does it mean when an opponent goes down and sells by grabbing their head and rolling around in pain? Have I hit the damage limit on their head or something?