Fire Pro Wrestling World

Liam

So I’ve never played any Fire Pro game. I’m very interested given that the WWE games are sorta the same thing every year. 

It seems people have a different purpose in this game. What I mean is that you guys seem to emphasize fun matches over wins and losses. True? 

Is it difficult to win if you actually do want to be victorious? 

Is it frustrating/annoying to play or is the controls pretty smooth and easy to figure out? 

Thats probably all I’m wondering. It appears to be very customizable, great roster, plenty of match types.

4 minutes ago, VerbalPuke said:

So I’ve never played any Fire Pro game. I’m very interested given that the WWE games are sorta the same thing every year. 

It seems people have a different purpose in this game. What I mean is that you guys seem to emphasize fun matches over wins and losses. True? 

Is it difficult to win if you actually do want to be victorious? 

Is it frustrating/annoying to play or is the controls pretty smooth and easy to figure out? 

Thats probably all I’m wondering. It appears to be very customizable, great roster, plenty of match types.

It depends on what you're wanting to do with the game. In Fighting Road (Career), you are definitely aiming for entertainment over wins, but wins are important. When Fire Promoter comes out, that may change how people play. In Exhibition, I'm mainly just aiming for the most realistic matches possible, trying to keep them competitive when they should be, and doing my best to squash guys who shouldn't be on the level of the one I'm using.

Because everything comes down to stats, timing and strategy, you will probably lose about as much as you win, depending on the difficulty level that you set it at.

Controls are pretty easy, once you get the hang of them.

I can't wait to get details on Fire Promoter mode though. I want to know what I can do within the mode so that I can start planning things out.

• Like 1

1) The matches are usually super fun and with such a wide range of wrestlers, usually very different. Obviously you want to win, but playing the matches tend to be so fun and not screwy (I never feel the computer “cheeses” and wins unfairly) so it doesn’t bother me if I do lose.

2) Difficulty goes from you “being able to win every match to you better be damn good if you want to win”.

3) Once you realize you need to “build up” to the big moves and start small and slow, you’ll be fine. I was frustrated when I started Fire Pro back on PS2 because I was trying to do the more impactful moves from start. You have to “build up” the match.

• Like 1

I’m still not 100% sure on the best way to kick out. 

I was holding the A button (X on PS) and kicked out fairly often, then I read you should mash it, however I haven’t been kicking out a lot since then, but I’m not sure if it’s just happenstance that I was beaten up enough. I think the manual says mash it, but I’m not convinced. 

1 hour ago, Meacxico said:

I’ve tried holding X and it’s done nothing. If I start tapping x as soon as my opponent covers me, I kick out almost always. I lost two matches back to back holding X since I saw it said in this thread. Doesn’t work for me.

Now I'm even more confused. :lol:

• Like 1

Start mashing after 2. 2 and the ref's hand is up if you're feeling gutsy. A single tap will do it but you have to tap after a certain threshold based on your hp and spirit, which of course you can't see, so just start at 2 and keep tappin from there.

On 09/09/2018 at 10:38, Liam Mk2 said:

I have been looking for a good 2002-circa TNA collection on Steam but can't seem to find much. There's one but only has a handful of wrestlers.

Anyone know of any?

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1508845361

Haven't been able to find The Dupps, a 2002 era Low-Ki, or many of the women who appeared in the first few PPVs.

• Like 1

I'm finally playing this and having fun now that I'm figuring things out. What are SWA and S1 rules? 4th match in I get 97% rating beating Elgin as Omega in a very fun match 18 minute match with lots of near falls. Couldn't for the life of me figure out how to do Kenny's finisher though. 

2 hours ago, BuddyAwesome said:

I'm finally playing this and having fun now that I'm figuring things out. What are SWA and S1 rules? 4th match in I get 97% rating beating Elgin as Omega in a very fun match 18 minute match with lots of near falls. Couldn't for the life of me figure out how to do Kenny's finisher though. 

SWA Rules are MMA in a ring, a la PRIDE or Pancrase. S-1 is kickboxing, most grapple moves are unusable and will end in a clinch instead.

Quoting you in here @Apsham even though this post was in the 2k19 thread.

26 minutes ago, Apsham said:

Look at the Switch version last year - entirely broken, no effort put in to fixing it and then just saying screw it this year. And the sad thing is that, yeah - there's not really anything to be done about it.

I can't even really sell Fire Pro on everyone - it's a great game but at some point you pretty much have to be interested in the simming aspect of everything to get full enjoyment out of it, especially as a full priced release (or close to it) on the PS4.

What is the simming aspect of this?

I've never played Fire Pro but have been considering getting it, especially with the WWE games being hot garbage nowadays.

Just now, Adam es Tranquilo said:

Quoting you in here @Apsham even though this post was in the 2k19 thread.

What is the simming aspect of this?

I've never played Fire Pro but have been considering getting it, especially with the WWE games being hot garbage nowadays.

Playing the game is fine, but I find it kind of limiting to just do that.

One of the biggest selling points - you probably know - is the fact that eventually you'll be able to find and create absolutely anyone you'd want to. But a big part of that, as we have been discussing in here - isn't just that they look right and have the right finisher, but the logic assigned to the wrestler. It's everything from 'does this wrestler ever go to the top rope' to 'what sequence of moves do they use to finish a match' and anything along those lines. After a period of time when the gameplay starts to become repetitive no matter who you are playing as (this happens in the 2K games as well), setting up tournaments/leagues/your own shows and watching the matches themselves are a big part of the appeal for many.

• Like 2