Fire Pro Wrestling World

Liam

I got this on PS4 over the weekend.  Thought I'd stick with the PC version with my controller plugged into the desktop, but playing on PS4 on my big TV is just way more fun and convenient for me.  Plus I don't mind supporting the cause and throwing some money their way.

Taking it slow with the edits and downloaded the stragglers from the New Japan roster first.  Then last night I downloaded the current SmackDown roster.  Most of the edits I got aside from AJ and Nakamura ended up being from the same creator.  On the PC I'd download 50-100 edits at a time and simply use a roster organization mod to alphabetize them and get everything set the way I wanted.  With that not available I've decided to slowly but surely fill out my roster in sections so I can still fulfill my OCD impulses.

1 hour ago, Busch Luck Fale said:

I got this on PS4 over the weekend.  Thought I'd stick with the PC version with my controller plugged into the desktop, but playing on PS4 on my big TV is just way more fun and convenient for me.  Plus I don't mind supporting the cause and throwing some money their way.

Taking it slow with the edits and downloaded the stragglers from the New Japan roster first.  Then last night I downloaded the current SmackDown roster.  Most of the edits I got aside from AJ and Nakamura ended up being from the same creator.  On the PC I'd download 50-100 edits at a time and simply use a roster organization mod to alphabetize them and get everything set the way I wanted.  With that not available I've decided to slowly but surely fill out my roster in sections so I can still fulfill my OCD impulses.

You can always alphabetize the rosters using the square button on the wrestler select screen anyway. I only found this out the other day and it blew my mind.

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, The Chiksrara Special said:

Will I need Plus to download created people?

No.

• Like 1

you can make the Union Jack on the rear of tights, as well.

10 minutes ago, The Chiksrara Special said:

Elgin is in this? :( Who is the funnest to beat the shit out of him with? It says "Day One Edition" on my game. Do I get something from that?

Everyone is fun to beat up Elgin with, but I personally prefer Taichi. Asshole Mike stole his spotlight earlier this year in New Japan, so it's nice to just beat the crap out of him.

The Day One Edition comes with the insert booklet that they called a NJPW Almanac, but is essentially just a glorified look at the New Japan roster included on disc. I'm actually a little bummed that was all that it was. If I knew that, I'd have grabbed it digitally.

Seems Spike is hinting at another delay occurring with their plans for upcoming content and like last time, also hinted their focus on the PS4 version is to blame.  They completely underestimated how much trouble and hassle working on the PS4 version was going to cause considering how small they are as a studio.

32 minutes ago, The Chiksrara Special said:

Elgin is in this? :( Who is the funnest to beat the shit out of him with? It says "Day One Edition" on my game. Do I get something from that?

You should be able to move him to the retired roster and you’ll never have to see him again.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Busch Luck Fale said:

Seems Spike is hinting at another delay occurring with their plans for upcoming content and like last time, also hinted their focus on the PS4 version is to blame.  They completely underestimated how much trouble and hassle working on the PS4 version was going to cause considering how small they are as a studio.

I’m almost giving up hope that the PC version will ever get the Fighting Road mode.

2 hours ago, The Chiksrara Special said:

Elgin is in this? :( Who is the funnest to beat the shit out of him with?

There's no wrong answer, but I would try to download a MsChif to do it.

2 minutes ago, Gabriel said:

What about it did you not like?

Having to exist in the same worldspace as Elgin, I would guess.

1 hour ago, Gabriel said:

What about it did you not like?

It doesn't seem to line up right. 90% of the time I tried to strike or grapple I missed and the few times I actually hit a grapple it was always reversed. It was just really annoying. Like I said I am fully willing to give it a chance and there might just be a learning curve or something but if I were basing my choice on one match this game would be gone already

1 minute ago, The Chiksrara Special said:

It doesn't seem to line up right. 90% of the time I tried to strike or grapple I missed and the few times I actually hit a grapple it was always reversed. It was just really annoying. Like I said I am fully willing to give it a chance and there might just be a learning curve or something but if I were basing my choice on one match this game would be gone already

Strikes need to be done from the proper range to land, and you need to be directly in front of the opponent. Grapples literally just happen when you get close enough, and then whether or not you land a move comes down to timing. I would recommend starting out with your opponent at Level 1 to get the hang of it. When the grapple initiates, you then choose your move with the button controls. At the beginning of the match, going for anything other than Square button moves will usually lead to a reversal, even if your timing is good, because your opponent needs to be a bit more worn down before you try X button moves, and Circle button moves should be saved for later, as those will be your harder hitting moves, and they require your opponent to be more worn down than even the X button moves.

L1 will allow your character to breathe, which is essential for stamina, as Stamina, Stats, Timing and Move Choice all factor into whether or not you'll be able to execute what you're attempting.

On a different note, I scored my first critical in Fighting Road, killing Hirooki Goto with my finisher, Wolfsblood, which is Adam Page's Rite of Passage. It was an eight man tag match between the Main Unit and CHAOS, and I happened to hit it at a time when everyone was already in the ring, so I managed to score the pinfall easily afterwards as everyone was tied up with someone else.

• Like 1