Fire Pro Wrestling World

Liam

The bigger question is - are you going to simulate and watch matches/shows? I probably won't place much online even if it does start to perform half decently... but if I wasn't into simming cards then the purchase probably would've been a bit more of a thought for me. Still for 20 bucks it isn't that bad.

Right now there isn't really a framework for it in that sense - you kind of have to do it yourself, almost diary like. It does hand out match ratings but just as long as it's a long match with a back and forth it generally will simulate into the 90s or so. MAybe they'll add something like that as Fire Pro games in the past have included a kind of Universe mode but I don't know if that is on their plans or if they're just using Early Access to make the game stable, etc.

The game DOES handle tournaments and leagues and the like.

• Like 2

Thanks for that. I know there's a lot of enthusiasm for the game, but it's been hard to tell if that's just the "hardcore" Fire Pro veterans talking, rather than entry level players like me. I'll be mulling over a purchase, especially as the game could get more expensive when it's out of Early Access.

2 minutes ago, Bobfoc said:

Thanks for that. I know there's a lot of enthusiasm for the game, but it's been hard to tell if that's just the "hardcore" Fire Pro veterans talking, rather than entry level players like me. I'll be mulling over a purchase, especially as the game could get more expensive when it's out of Early Access.

Yeah - I think the game gets sold to a bunch of people who just hear the hype and don't full realize what they're getting into. It's good to look into it - I enjoy playing/simming the game as much as I enjoy using the workshop to find guys and fill out my rosters, so there's that part for me too.

2 hours ago, Bobfoc said:

I am "entry level" and I love it. Far more fun to play than any WWE offerings.

Only thing that really holds it back is lack of match types. 

Editing is just abolustely out of the world. That is the main selling point for me. You can have wrestlers from literally any era you like and there are no restrictions.

Plus, most of the edits don't even feel or look like CAW's, as the editing is that detailed.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Liam Mk2 said:

I am "entry level" and I love it. Far more fun to play than any WWE offerings.

Only thing that really holds it back is lack of match types. 

Editing is just abolustely out of the world. That is the main selling point for me. You can have wrestlers from literally any era you like and there are no restrictions.

Plus, most of the edits don't even feel or look like CAW's, as the editing is that detailed.

Hell do it right and the main difference between your edits and the default guys is that the edits put on better matches.

You can make almost any kind of character too. Robes and dresses aren't in (and it's questionable if it will be, it'd be new territory for the series) but if you're willing to overlook that you can still make good replicas of just about anybody. I've got one of my female characters with a Melisandre cosplay attire, for example.

• Like 2

Just now, Bobfoc said:

Thanks for the responses. What I feel the WWE games have lacked lately is the potential to have fun just messing around, and it sounds as though this has more in that department.

Pretty much. Some things are locked in mission mode (there is an unofficial workaround to this, but it wipes your save so it's only advisable for new players) but otherwise it's a sandbox.

Hell, if rumors are true, the kickboxing/boxing mode from FPR will implemented.

28 minutes ago, Skummy said:

Is it still in beta? Because "too few match types" does not sound like a criticism of any Fire Pro game I've ever heard!

It is. The Kickboxing/Boxing mode is the only thing missing, but someone has managed to look under the hood and see signs that it may be implemented in the future.

(Also Arena Mexico is one of the future arenas)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Apsham said:

I'll see if I can hunt it down - I might be interested in doing it myself because some of the later goals are absolute bullshit.

Here you go.

I'm going to do it because I still haven't been able to do the first one. I haven't tried for quite some time now but I see a trend in my game play.

If you can'y do mission one to do a grapple move then how are you playing the game at all

• Like 2