Fire Pro Wrestling World

Liam

I'm trying to create Steven Seagal and there is one thing I've noticed that I'd like them to change in a future update: Take all the hair styles that also have beards attached and seperate the two. It sucks when you finally find the hairstyle you want to use for your wrestler but you can't because there is a beard attached to it and vice versa.

I'm pretty sure every hair price has a version without beard. Just uncheck the Hair&Beard option up top to remove them from the list.

On 7/21/2017 at 13:37, Doctor Bigfoot said:

Gonna grab it payday.

I picked it up because it was on sale - finally got around to renaming everyone and started today.

I began a career as Cesaro in Strong Style Wrestling and the match flow went like this.

Week 1: Shoot Fight vs. Kurt Angle that I won by KO
Week 2: Shoot Fight vs. Steve Blackman that I won by KO, beforehand he announced it was his last match in the company
Week 3: No Rope Shoot Fight vs. Virgil that I won by KO, afterwards I was asked by the owner if I wanted Minoru Suzuki as my manager, then TOLD I had Minoru as my manager
Week 4: Last Man Standing vs. Ronda Rousey for the Lightheavyweight title that I won, but not before Bad News Brown and Bushwhacker Butch did run ins

So basically the game is the same as the others.

• Like 2

I've started running a WWE version of the G1 Climax with Raw and SmackDown each having a 10-man block.  Used a randomizer to determine the first round matchups.

Week 1 of the tournament saw Big Cass go over Braun Strowman in a 20+ minute match that earned a 100% rating, and SmackDown followed it up with Rusev and Orton having a 100% match of their own and Jinder Mahal and Baron Corbin putting on a 94% clinic.  The worst match of the first round was, somehow, Jericho/Zayn.

Oh and The Miz made Brock Lesnar tap out.

• Like 1

Another update and still nothing that really touches the slowness of the menus or the lack of utility around the workshop stuff... I might just get rid of ALL my stuff and slowly make sure everything is alphabetical as I add it.. that's a huge pain in the ass but I guess it's what has to be done.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Apsham said:

Another update and still nothing that really touches the slowness of the menus or the lack of utility around the workshop stuff... I might just get rid of ALL my stuff and slowly make sure everything is alphabetical as I add it.. that's a huge pain in the ass but I guess it's what has to be done.

Yeah, I did this. If you arrange them alphabetically as you're downloading, it's so much easier.

The only delay I find in the edit wrestler order screen is if you try to go back to the bottom of the list to find your new edits every time.  Much easier to just go to edit order, press up to go right to the bottom of the screen, move the last guy, back out, and do it again.  I got the whole 1997-98 WCW pack alphabetized fairly quickly that way.

I guess it's no surprise that some people are dicks on the internet but I shake my head when I see people bitching about logic in the comments of some of these edits.  Saw a guy complaining that the most downloaded Okada was made to be too powerful or that the most downloaded Shibata didn't go for pinfalls enough.  Well there are a billion edits of those guys, download another one or make a copy of that one and tweak the logic as you see fit.

I don't mind making polite suggestions for logic improvements but don't be an ungrateful twat about it.  Especially since the game can include every wrestler ever so logic settings and edit points are always going to be subjective.

I'm just gonna leave this here.

Tiger Woods Mask

• Like 2

Tiger Woods Mask needed a rival.

So I made Jyushin Striker Messi.

• Like 2

The stream last night noted some of the changes coming in the new patch landing tomorrow.

- Custom entrance music with support for MP3, OGG, and WAV

- S-1 rules return. All your wrestlers get a boost to strike stats.

- In game resolution options. (No word on 21:9 being supported from the get go, you can have 21:9 through reg edit)

- Mouse support in all menus

- Various quality of life changes to edit mode (not really specified cause of big list). One example is using L and R buttons on controller to go through list. Big list in patch notes tomorrow.

- Four new moves: Counter flap jack (Okada), Diving Cutter, Final Bomb (Possibly Ibushi, Last Ride into a Sitout pin), "Double Arm Dangerous Knee" (Ibushi. Grab both arms and knee opponent in face)

Mouse support is a big yes and depending on what we get for changes to the Edit Mode I might be back into this 100%.

Sitout Last Ride is already in the game, though.

Don't know what to tell you, that's the notes that came out. Also here's the list of changes and then comments after the game director left.

List:
- More space for character names (character limits) Limited by horrid UI. Director is pushing his team for a fix. [my note: they didn't address long team names being bugged to 12 characters]
- More variety for strikes used in strike exchanges Doable. So they're doing it.
- CPU Logic CPU Logic is very delicate. Very tricky to mess with or add new features to. It's something Director wants to do but it's something that's taking a backseat until he gets all the new features implemented. So if it happens, it won't something happen until very very very very late in development. 
- Leagues and tournaments Currently lots of restrictions. Something the dev team will try to fix in the future. There's some type of bug with belts and something about deleting a character but they won't be able to fix that and suggest only using finished wrestlers in leagues/tournaments.
- New weapons Dave names trash cans, chain, pipe as suggestions people mentioned on the fourms. Asks chat what they'd like to see. Table and ladders are a no for now unless it's a move animation. 
- FPPW as a vanity project for Director He's playing with other people's money but he's trying to make the game he wants with the resources available. Sales are on track for what they expected. If it's sells better, maybe they'll be able to do more in the future. 
- Nuanced rules Going outside during a landmine match and having non exploding barbed wire specifically mentioned. Mods have covered some of these. Seems possible and they want to add it in. 
- Mods Director is happy to see people messing around with the game. 
- Mods, continued That said, things that people are doing with mods aren't as simple for them to implement since they have to bugtest, etc. 
- Mods, continued again Some people have found stuff that will be added in the future like movelists. Only dangerous thing is not everything in the code will get added into the game. Example: Apron powerbomb, doesn't work right. Won't be in. 
- To the Japanese fans The US is big share of the current userbase. Director expected more Japanese sales. The Japanese site tries to show to use Steam and things like that. So the barrier is high for them since they don't really PC game.
- PS4 version No timeframe but it will get released. Please be patient Japanese fans. 
- Online lag They're doing everything they can to improve the netcode. But it's tricky since Fire Pro is more precise than most fighting games. You can cut down the lag by playing with players closer to you physically but they're looking into ways to improve it.
- Edit points This is a tricky discussion since everybody makes wrestlers their own way. They don't want to handcuff anybody. Director uses 150-200. Dave does the same. They both agree that lower points is better but it's up to the community to decide.
- Head programmer on live stream They want to do that since alot of things regarding Fire Pro doesn't make much sense unless you're looking at the source code. Would chat be interested? Although they leave some things vague on purpose. Dave will make a post on the forum for people to post their questions. [this part is poorly summarized. I'll need to rewatch the vod to clarify this part]
- Selling moves Land finisher and both stand up immediately. Doing a flying move and having the other guy pop up. There's alot of things that effect that. Not a problem in human vs human matches since you can hold a (xbox) or x (ps) to play dead. Maybe a way to fix that would be for a 'play dead' value to be added. 
- Final comment from Director No firm date on when they'll leave Early Access. Next Spring is the absolute latest they can stay in. Keep sending your questions and comments. 
- Finisher move stealing [I missed this part. Something about it being very difficult to add to CPU Logic since there's a bunch of different factors. They're thinking about it]
- Different venues have different match ratings Confirmed by Director. It's used as an example of how there's things happening behind the scenes that the player doesn't explicitly know about but they can kind of feel it out by their gut. 
- More arenas coming soon Also confirmed.
- Menu lag with wrestlers Not something coming up in the upcoming patch but something they hope to address in the future. 
- P1 Keyboard, P2 controller Not working. Something they didn't think about. Something they'll ask the developers about implementing. 
- Controllers Try using first party controllers. They've tested some third party controllers and they worked but YMMV. 

Dave solo without Director:

- GM Mode Hopefully within the year but he has nothing to share with us at the moment. 
- New Parts He caught Director heading out the door. Director is being cagey about specifics but they have some cool things in the works. 
- MP3 support Not allowed on the workshop due to the legality. He's not sure if it defaults back to a default theme.
- Adding your own voice Seems doable and it's something he's also asked about but he has to check with the devs. 
- Very simple tweaks regarding match rules Seems like it's possible if mods are able to do it but it's something he'll have to check with Director.
- Adding moves Director's going to shuffle what moves he was planning to add into the game after it was datamined to keep some of the surprises. 
- Heads Going to ask Director if they can do a smaller bald cap so they don't stick out from under the hair. 
- Tag Team Entrances Will ask Director.
- Dave takes notes from chat regarding potential edit filters. He likes search bar, alphabetical and using the tags from workshop. He'll talk to director.
- Wrestling style specific match ratings He doesn't know if they're planning to add it. Seems like a good fit with Management Mode. He'll ask Director.
- Logo editor Fell to the wayside due to the console version since they'd need some type of paint tool. He believes it's something they're working on. 
- Creating new moves Extremely complicated with the dev tool. You're doing a frame-by-frame animation and it has a tool to check to make sure the new animation is compatible with all the create parts. That's why it takes so long to make new moves and why they just can't import stuff from the GBA Fire Pro. 
- Timed Battle Royale He doesn't know why they only limited it to 8 participants total. [my note to clarify: 8 wrestlers is the max they can have in the ring at one time. so this would be like a royal rumble match in other wrestling games where new people enter as others are eliminated] Seems like something they can expand but he needs to talk to Director.
- Arena Editor *Dave writes it down* "Very interesting idea"
- New Belt Parts Something Director wants to improve. Dave's not sure of the status. 
- New match types Asks chat what they'd like to see. He doesn't know about adding WWE style matches since they may be copyrighted. NO TO LADDER MATCHES STUPID CHAT.
- The Fire Pro t-shirts they're wearing Again, they licensed it out to another company. That company doesn't do international shipping but Dave is trying to work something out. 
- Think of questions for the head programmer since that will be the next stream.

I don't know why on earth people would think ladder matches is a good idea.

So the new Final Power Bomb is... a Last Ride without the posing bit.

Okay.

Still doing my WWE G1 whenever I have some free time.  I'm through 7 of 9 "rounds" at this point and the blocks have been wildly different.

Big Cass leads the Raw block with 11 points, but with Braun, Roman, and Miz breathing down his neck at 10 points and Ambrose alive by the smallest of margins at 8 points.

Meanwhile in the SDL block Jericho has a perfect 7-0 record and 14 points to show for it.  He's beaten Cena who is alone in second at 10 points, so therefore he has already won the block and stamped his ticket to the finals.  Most everyone else has been 50-50 in true WWE fashion, except for Orton who is in bum last with 2 points.

By the way, odd bug I've noticed but in cage matches submissions will never be checked for even in rulesets where they should be.

1 hour ago, Liam Mk2 said:

Can it really be that difficult to fix the menu lag and have an option to sort rosters alphabetically?

I want this so, friggin' much. But even if I post about it it just gets drowned out by morons looking for title matches, etc.

I don't see why MP3 was such a  huge priority over simple stuff like that.

Spike Chunsoft is linking to mods and I downloaded the patcher for it that comes with a few basic options - I ticked off 'show full names on menu' and 'speed up wrestler selection' and they actually work VERY well. I'm also going to take a stab at adding their top recommended mod as well - linked at the bottom is the required and basic starter mod set that I am using.

Carlzilla's Mod Suite - Updated for .9005
This includes the Blood Mod, Tag Team Name Mod, More Match Options Mod, and the Referee Blood Fix.

-=- Descriptions of the mods -=-
BLOOD MOD: This makes blood stains on the mat permanent and allows for 500 of them (the original game allowed for only 20). This has had next to no impact on my framerate, but if you're pushing the limits and already experiencing slowdown, you may not want to use this. The transparency level of blood is now adjustable via a slider on the MMO Mod window.

TAG TEAM NAME MOD: This mod (and 3rd party tool) allows you to name tag teams. The only real reason for this is that the name will then show up in the Title History and Edit Belt screens (the only two places where the champion's name shows up) instead of being displayed as "<Wrestler 1's Short Name> Team". Tag teams without a name will show up as <Wrestler 1> & <Wrestler 2>, unnamed 6 Man and 8 Man teams still use the default naming, there's just too many names to fix them. Use the included FPWTagTeamEditor to create you tag team database. Before anyone asks, no I can't not make tag team enter together.

REFEREE BLOOD FIX: In the default game the referee would always bleed when knocked down. This mod adds a random chance to that, so instead of bleeding all the time, he'll bleed a much smaller percentage of the time.

MORE MATCH OPTIONS (MMO) MOD: This mod adds a set of new match options that appear in a pop-up window (you may have to alt-tab to see this window). This will allow you to enable 10 Count KOs in any match, make matches end only on a 10 count KO. Unlocks several hidden arenas, Unlocks K1 rules, Enables you to leave the ring in Landmine Deathmatches to battle in the exploding barbed wire around the ring, Allows for a choice between a 10 count countout (American rules) or a 20 count countout (Japanese rules), and gives you the option to slow the referee's count (more accurate for American rules). It also exposes the random seed to users, allowing them to enter their own, or save good ones. The random seed is what the entire match is based off of, and the same random seed (and options/wrestlers/settings) will produce the same match. This is useful for testing CPU Logic settings, or running e-feds.

INCREASED WEAPON COUNT MOD: This mod allows for up to 50 weapons per match instead of the old limit of 8. If your edits manage to max this out, you either run a really hardcore fed...or you need to adjust their weapon logic, because that's a whole lotta weapons.

WEAPON CHOICE MOD: Allows you to enable and disable weapons to be included in the starting weapons and weapons pulled from under the ring. You can also check the "Allow Favorites" box in the MMO window to allow weapons that are set as wrestlers favorites to continue to appear for that wrestler even if they are disabled for everyone else.

REGENERATE LIGHT TUBES: This mod will reset the corner boards to 3 light tubes when the final tube is broken on them.

BREAK COUNTOUTS: Allows wrestlers to break a countout by re-entering and then exiting the ring. This will reset the referee's count back to 1.

RING MAT DATABASE: This allows you to modify ring textures without having to mess with any sort of texture replacement. It also allows you to have more than one ring texture.

INSTRUCTION FOR RING MAT DATABASE USE:
In order to use the ring mat database you need to ALT-TAB from the game and find the Ring Mat Database window in the PWGR window.

You will then need to create an entry for any ring you want using a custom texture. To do this hit the ADD button under the list to the left of the database window. This will add a generic entry.

Select this entry and select the created ring to use from the top dropdown list. If you have not created a ring in the in game Ring Edit mode, you should do so now, and then when you've saved it, come back to the Ring Mat Database window and hit the "Update Ring/Image List" button on the bottom right hand corner of the window.

After you've selected your ring, you'll need to select your texture in the second dropdown list. The first time you run the game with the mod installed, it will create a folder called RingMats in your default FirePro directory. Place any ring texture files in this directory. They should be in PNG format, and 1024x1024 in size. The default texture was posted in the Texture Modding thread, I recommend you use that as a template for all your custom ring textures.

Once you've created the Database entry, all you need to do is select the ring when starting a match and the correct texture will automatically be applied.The game will save the database when it closes, so there's nothing you need to do in order to save your changes.

THEME MUSIC DATABASE: This mod makes managing your wrestler's entrance music easier. It allows you to assign music to downloaded edits, and use music from ANY location on your computer.

THEME MUSIC DATABASE INSTRUCTIONS:
In order to use the database you need to alt-tab out of the game and find the Theme Music Database window within the PWGR window. Once you've located this window you're ready to start assigning themes to wrestlers. To do this follow the following instructions.

1) Click Add beneath the theme database list. This will add a new generic entry to the database.
2) Select this new entry
3) From the dropdown box to the right of the list select the edit wrestler that this theme info will be applied to.
4) The database entry will update automatically to reflect that change.
5) Hit the Set Theme button and select the theme in the open file dialog that opens up.
6) If the theme file exists it will be displayed in the textbox corresponding to the wrestler's theme.
7) When you start a match with that wrestler, the new theme will be used when they walk to the ring.
8) When the game closes, the database will automatically save.

-=- Prerequisites -=-
This mod suite requires MikeDG's PWGR Patcher, which can be downloaded here:
http://www.pwgrevenge.com/installation

To set up the patcher unzip it to the directory Steam has installed FireProWrestling in. Then enter your FireProWrestlingW_Data\Managed directory and make a copy of your Assembly-CSharp.dll file named Assembly-CSharp.original.dll

-=- Installation of the mod suite -=-
Once the patcher is set up correctly, you need to download the mod suite here:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B2KPB3PGCHwkeGotcDJ3LXZucHM

Unzip the mod suite to any directory you want, then move the Carlzilla.dll to your FireProWrestlingW_Data\Managed directory. The FPWTagTeamEditor can stay anyplace you want it.

Launch the Patcher and select the Carlzilla.dll file in the list to the left and make sure there's a checkbox, then select all the features of this mod that you'd like to enable in the list to the right and make sure they are checked, and hit "Patch Fire Pro World" and wait for the patcher to close itself. Now start up the game and the mods will have been applied. The More Match Options window will appear the first time you try to create an offline match (the options work in tournaments/leagues/etc. but those modes will not pop the window up, you need to go to Offline Match first).

!!!- THANKS -!!!
MikeDG (for the patcher and all the help getting everything working), Freem (for advice and help), RemyDuron (for the Slower Ref Count code).

• Like 1

The mod community for this game is fucking bananas.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/564230/discussions/0/1470841715978842866/

Hey Guys, jumping on this sticked thread to reference my FirePromotion mod that I released yesterday. Unlike some of the other tools out there, this actually kicks off the matches for you inside of FPWW and records the results back to its database. It loads all of your wrestlers and custom rings automatically, you setup the matches in the mod's interface and tell it to start the show. It will then execute your matches in the actual FPWW game and when the results screen comes up, it hooks them back in to the mod's database so you can recall the results of all of your shows. You can even tell it to replay the match exactly as it happened.

• Like 1