What albums for you are 10/10?

Benji

Actually, I've thought of one!

X Japan - Art of Life

It's not possible to listen to the whole album without skipping a track - the album is a single 29 minute song. :shifty:

There's been many over the years, and I could give a long list of favourite albums. The latest album that's 10/10 is 'Get to Heaven' by Everything Everything - an absolutely stunning contrast R'n'B-styled indie pop and pitch black lyrics about depression, terrorism, 24/7 news cycles, and the rise of the far right.

I think this video sums the album up well...

And now I'm going to tag @9 to 5 for no particular reason.

Spoiler

"He's going to do it, isn't he? He's going to post that fucking 'Distant Past' video?"

Spoiler

"You fucking dare, GA. You fucking dare."

Spoiler

"Swear to fuck, GA"

Spoiler

• Like 2

All three Run The Jewels albums really. I'm also one of those people that typically doesn't like every song on an album but I can't really say that about any of the RTJ albums. Some songs aren't quite as good as others but I will rarely skip any of them when they come up.

• Like 1

• Admin

There are only 3 albums I always listen to without skipping a track / deleting a track before putting it onto the phone, and 2 are fairly recent which surprised me. Even some of my favourite albums miss out because of one dodgy track (yeah, I'm looking at you Black & White Boy, you don't belong on Together Alone at all)

Invisible Touch by Genesis

The Desired Effect by Brandon Flowers

Drones by Muse

• Like 2

1 hour ago, R.W. said:

Drones by Muse

I wish this was my answer, but Revolt and Sailing Aftermath are on there.

Mandatory Muse answer: although I prefer Origin of Symmetry and Absolution, Black Holes and Revelations is their most unskippable album as it was programmed to work as a single entity rather than a series of tracks. Muse have always been weird with their track orders, though - like, why was Unsustainable the penultimate track of The 2nd Law when it's quite clearly an opener?

• Admin

Muse are the biggest culprits for me - always just the one track I skip normally. Uno on Showbiz, Darkshines on OOS, Sing For Absolution on Absolution, Supermassive Black Hole on Black Holes & Animals on 2nd Law

Resistance nearly made it, but MK Ultra is very much a mood song - sometimes it will get skipped.

I know what you mean about track sequencing though. Black Holes feels better with Take A Bow and Knights Of Cydonia swapped round. With 2nd Law, Supremacy is a fine opener, and Unsustainable / Isolated System is the only other thing that feels like it could be a closer to me.

And now you've put the Sailing thing in my head for Aftermath I won't unhear that for a while :lol: but I always drew comparisons with it to U2's One (which I forgave them for) - think it's that guitar at the start.

4 hours ago, R.W. said:

Muse are the biggest culprits for me - always just the one track I skip normally. Uno on Showbiz, Darkshines on OOS, Sing For Absolution on Absolution, Supermassive Black Hole on Black Holes & Animals on 2nd Law

Resistance nearly made it, but MK Ultra is very much a mood song - sometimes it will get skipped.

I know what you mean about track sequencing though. Black Holes feels better with Take A Bow and Knights Of Cydonia swapped round. With 2nd Law, Supremacy is a fine opener, and Unsustainable / Isolated System is the only other thing that feels like it could be a closer to me.

And now you've put the Sailing thing in my head for Aftermath I won't unhear that for a while :lol: but I always drew comparisons with it to U2's One (which I forgave them for) - think it's that guitar at the start.

Take a Bow and Knights could work either way. I love Knights at the end as most albums I listen to mostly end on a downer, while that's obviously far more kick-arse. Also, Supermassive Black Hole is one of my favourite Muse songs, and never I understand why it gets such a muted response (compared to their other hits) at gigs.

In terms of skippable tracks: Showbiz on Showbiz, Butterflies and Hurricanes on Absolution, I Belong to You on Resistance, and Explorers, Big Freeze, and Save Me on The 2nd Law - sometimes Follow Me (it was a very average album in hindsight).

• 2 weeks later...

The one I discovered most recently is My Chemical Romance's "Thee Cheers For Sweet Revenge". I enjoyed all MCR records to an extent but (except for the debut which I can't get into) but it's their 2nd album that I can listen to over and over again without skipping a single track.

• 2 months later...

Sum 41 - All Killer No Filler

Slipknot - Self Titled, Iowa, .5 The Gray Chapter

Linkin Park - Hybrid Theory

Limp Bizkit - Results May Vary

Royal Republic - We Are The Royal, Save The Nation

Bring Me The Horizon - There is a Hell..., Sempiternal, Thats the Spirit

All Time Low - Nothing Personal

The Blackout - We Are The Dynamite, Best In Town, Hope

Boy Jumps Ship - Wake Up

Enter Shikari - Take To The Skies, Common Dreads, Flash Flood of Colour

Killers - Hot Fuss

Lostprophets (I know...) - Fake Sound of Progress, Start Something, The Betrayed, Weapons

Marina and the Diamonds - Electra Heart

Young Guns - All Our Kings are Dead

Think thats it in terms of albums with no tracks I skip.

• Like 1

I cannot believe I never responded to this thread. Damn. I know I had a running list at one point: 

• The Clash: London Calling
  • Michael Jackson: Thriller
  • De La Soul: Three Feet High and Rising
  • Blur: Parklife
  • Refused: The Shape of Punk to Come
  • M.I.A - Arular
  • Hercules & Love Affair - Hercules & Love Affair
  • Frank Ocean - Channel Orange
  • Sufjan Stevens - Carrie & Lowell 
  • Frank Ocean - Blonde
  • Like 2