What albums for you are 10/10?

Benji

The Beach Boys - Pet Sounds

Michael Jackson - Thriller

Metallica - The Black Album & Master of Puppets 

I can think of plenty of 9s that I have, but that's it for 10s. 

(I was going to include a live album as a 10, but since its more or less a greatest hits performed live show, I didn't. For the record, its Dokken - Beast From The East. Which happens to be the very first cd I ever bought.)

On 2/27/2017 at 12:15, Broken Cloudy said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Be_(Common_album)

I bumped that for like six months straight after it came out. Never skipped a track. Not a bad track on it if you ask me.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fishscale

And this one. Another one that I listened to for like, months and months every single day without getting tired of it. 

On 2/28/2017 at 17:55, livid said:

All three Run The Jewels albums really. I'm also one of those people that typically doesn't like every song on an album but I can't really say that about any of the RTJ albums. Some songs aren't quite as good as others but I will rarely skip any of them when they come up.

The only RTJ album I've found where it had songs I didn't like was RTJ3, and even then, after repeated listens I warmed up to the songs I initially didn't like.

• fun. - Aim & Ignite
  • The Format - Dog Problems
  • Matthew Good Band - Beautiful Midnight
  • Watsky - Cardboard Castles
  • Say Anything - Say Anything
  • The Mountain Goats - The Sunset Tree
  • The Mountain Goats - Heretic Pride
  • Jukebox The Ghost - Everything Under The Sun
  • blink-182 - Cheshire Cat
  • Barenaked Ladies - Stunt
  • Barenaked Ladies - Rock Spectacle
  • The Pixies - Doolittle

There's some others that come close, particularly a couple of other BNL albums but that's a pretty good shout for the albums that I keep in their entirely.

• 2 months later...

The only Non-Prophets album is what I consider to be the best, all round hip hop album. Just something special... Sage is something else.

Channel Orange by Frank Ocean is wonderful from first to last.

LabCabInCalifornia by The Pharcyde... It is like glitter running through your veins. She Said might be the chillest song I've ever heard.

Ignition by The Offspring. I reckon I learned all off the basslines for every song on that album. All those songs are boss.

18 hours ago, Jericode said:

I really don't know why I didn't immediately say Neck Deep's Life's Not Out To Get You for this because that album is fucking perfection.

For me its not perfection, but its bloody good! Definitely a 9/10 - cant wait to see them in a few weeks. Not heard the new album yet though, Peace and Panic or something like that. Will be checking that out soon.

59 minutes ago, nickhastie2004 said:

For me its not perfection, but its bloody good! Definitely a 9/10 - cant wait to see them in a few weeks. Not heard the new album yet though, Peace and Panic or something like that. Will be checking that out soon.

There's one or two I need to be in the right mood for but I love all of it. The Peace and The Panic isn't quite as good in my opinion but it's catchy as hell and some of the tracks are definitely a step forward.

Where are you seeing them? I'm going to the Cardiff show.

4 hours ago, Jericode said:

There's one or two I need to be in the right mood for but I love all of it. The Peace and The Panic isn't quite as good in my opinion but it's catchy as hell and some of the tracks are definitely a step forward.

Where are you seeing them? I'm going to the Cardiff show.

Im at the Manchester show. Nearly said Birmingham but thats NFG not Neck Deep.

...Like Clockwork by Queens of the Stone Age for me is the Dark Side of The Moon of Alt/Hard Rock. Every single damn song on that album isn't just listenable, but it's good or downright great. Whether it's slow songs like the title song, I Appear Missing, Vampyre. Or more classic QOTSA style hard rock in Fairweather Friends, or the weird and unstable Smooth Sailing or Kalopsia.

Every song on that album was single worthy, and four years later all the songs are still just as listenable as they were when they got released. It's just THE magnum opus of Josh Homme and QOTSA, and easily the best hard rock album from start to finish of this millennium, and i'll fight anyone who says otherwise.

• Like 1