The game you've bought the most?

Liam

Through remasters, ports to different consoles or PC, physical or digital purchase, bundles and all that jazz - what game have you technically bought the most?

I've owned Valkyria Chronicles three times, bought it four times (once for @stokeriño) - I've owned it on PS3, PS4 and PC.

I think I've also bought Borderlands 2 3 times - once on its own, twice as part of the Handsome Collection (once physical, once digital).

12 minutes ago, stokeriño said:

Sonic the Hedgehog 2. By far.

It's probably the four Mega Drive Sonic platformers for me too, as a result of all the bundles they were released in. I've also played through XCOM: Enemy Unknown on PC, PS3 and Vita through a combination of buying the PC version, getting the PS3 version through Playstation Plus and getting the Vita edition to play on the go.

8 minutes ago, Benji said:

Yeah it's this thing people do to support people who work on something that brings them enjoyment so that they can afford to continue to make things that bring them joy.

But what about if the media is so awful that you feel that you should be paid to suffer it?

36 minutes ago, Liam said:

Through remasters, ports to different consoles or PC, physical or digital purchase, bundles and all that jazz - what game have you technically bought the most?

I've owned Valkyria Chronicles three times, bought it four times (once for @stokeriño) - I've owned it on PS3, PS4 and PC.

I think I've also bought Borderlands 2 3 times - once on its own, twice as part of the Handsome Collection (once physical, once digital).

I bought Valkyria Chronicles twice.  I have it on PS3 and I've never owned the system, I borrowed one just to play this game.  I bought it on Steam a while back but never ended up beating it the second time.

I've also purchased Warfact III (and Frozen Throne) as well as Heroes of Might and Magic III Complete twice.  I played them a ton when I was younger and bought them a few years ago to play again.

11 minutes ago, Benji said:

Yeah it's this thing people do to support people who work on something that brings them enjoyment so that they can afford to continue to make things that bring them joy.

.....joy?! 

In all seriousness though, probably the Sims 2. 

Once before the expansions, once since the original got damaged, and I'm not quite sure if the Origin give away counts. 

Bully.

Owned it on PS2 first, got it refunded because it didn't work. Bought it on the Wii, completed it. Bought it on Xbox 360 because it was on offer, barely touched it. Bought it on PC, barely touched it.

So, yeah. Four times. PS2, Wii, Xbox 360, PC. Oops. Possibly my favourite game of all time, though, so maybe I can be forgiven??

There are a bunch of other games that I've owned at least twice, like... most of the GTA games. I've bought a lot of games that I already own on Steam because it's a lot more convenient.

I've owned GTA 3, San Andreas and Vice City on both PS2 and PC, 4 on Xbox 360 and PC, and 5 on Xbox 360 and PS4.

I think I've owned SmackDown vs Raw 2006 three times as well, and that was PS2... every time.

GTA 3/VC/SA I owned on the PS2, and bought about 3 years ago in a bundle for about £2.50 on Steam. I hit 99.4% on VC and 100% on SA on the PS2, but on Steam I finally did VC 100% and I've yet to finish the story on SA.

I also have GTA5 twice, once on PS3 (where I 100% the single player), and I'm about two thirds of the way through on PS4.

Can't think of anything else.

I bought Gran Turismo 4 six times, all for the PS2, once new and five times used. My original stopped working and I was desperate to get it to work so much that I kept spending money on new copies, ultimately it became obvious that my old PS2 just couldn't handle the amount of data it had.

I've bought many games twice, ranging from Pokémon Stadium (and I suppose you could call owning Red, Blue and Yellow, Gold, Silver and Crystal, Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald etc. having the same game twice/thrice) to Brian Lara Cricket to Grand Prix 4 to The Crew to G1 Jockey on the Wii. Basically if I want to play a game and can't find it (I'm not very organised) then I'll just buy a new one to replace it rather than look harder.

Don't know if anyone's played or even heard of it, but Knights and Merchants. My parents bought it for me as a whim as a kid and it was by far my favourite game. It endured for quite a while and led me to other RTS games in the same vein like Age of Empires. I think I've bought it three times since then as technology evolves and it becomes redundant, only to be later remastered. I picked it up on Steam again a couple of years ago and have sunk an embarrassing amount of hours into it. I dare not think of how many years of my life has been wasted playing it.

I got my NES with a copy of Super Mario 3 in either 1989 or 1990. My copy stopped working so I bought it again a few years later. Then I got Super Mario All-Stars that had the game. Then I bought on VC on the Wii. Then I literally found a copy for 5 dollars at a store so I bought it again. This is also not counting the numerous times I downloaded it on emulator.

• Like 1

I loathe buying a game multiple times. Once I have it on one system, I'm going to play it on that system no matter what. Even after Fire Pro Wrestling Returns came out on PS3, I was dragging my PS2 out to play it instead. The only games I've bought more than once are GTA V (PS3, PC) and Fire Pro (finally caved and got it on PS3 after my PS2 broke).

Only twice. My Skyrim disc split on PS3 (blaming my daughter) so I re-bought it. I'll get it on PS4 soon so it'll be three times.

I got MGSV for PS3 and PS4 and I'm considering rebuying Alien Isolation and Heavy Rain for PS4 too...But as I still have my PS3 I might not get Heavy Rain again.