The game you've bought the most?

Liam

Most? Final Fantasy X-2, three times. PS2, PS3, PC

Games I bought twice (that I remember):

Final Fantasy X-PS3, PC

Minecraft- PC, PS3.

Skyrim-PC, Xbox 360 

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 4-PS2, PC

Tony Hawk's Project 8- Xbox 360 (local Gamespot fucked up and ended up w/PS2 version), PS3.

Mario Kart 7-copy for me when I bought my 3DS, one for youngest sister's ninth birthday.

Technically, it's a tie with GTA V (PS3 and PS4), but I'm giving the title to the borderlands franchise. Borderlands intitially on 360, then again when I switched to PS3. And borderlands 2 and the pre-sequel on PS3, then the handsome collection during a PS4 sale. So 5 separate purchases for the franchise. And will buy Borderlands 3 the day it comes out. 

Like most other people GTA

GTA: III - PS2, XBox, PC
GTA Vice City - PS2, XBox, PC
GTA: San Andreas - PS2, XBox, PC
GTA IV - PS3, 360, PC
GTA V - PS3, 360, PC

I have 3 Minecraft accounts on PC (Bought in Alpha so only $10) and on 360
I've bought close to 20 copies of Killing Floor to give out to various people. Seriously. I could not play that game enough and I just wanted everyone to play it with me.
I bought the Sonic bundle on Steam, then bought it again so my son could play on his own account while I used my library.
Metro 2033 and Last Light and then I bought the REDUX versions (yet to play either)
And a whole heap of others on various bundles that were bought for other titles just resulting in duplicates.

Off the top of my head, I've got to say Skyrim. Once for PS3, once for PS4, once for PC.

Quite a few games twice, most notably SvR07, Oblivion and Skyrim, and Sly 2 and 3 thanks to the Sly Collection, but they're all beaten out by The Godfather which I think I bought three times. Once on PS2, once on 360, and I'm fairly sure once on PS3.

I'm not sure really. The only games I can think of are remasters that came out on PS3 (which I barely played) and GTA V although that was more for my boyfriend (from PS3 to PC). The rest I haven't 'bought' it has been more like Super Mario All-Stars or whatever where it has been bundled or been free. 

By and large when I'm done with a game I'm done with it. Which doesn't make much sense since I keep all my games rather than trading or selling them.

Also you lot are all weird, I've never had a disc break outside of F-Zero X or whatever it was called for GC, that came broken and I had to swap it over.

30 minutes ago, Quom said:

Also you lot are all weird, I've never had a disc break outside of F-Zero X or whatever it was called for GC, that came broken and I had to swap it over.

For real. Only time I ever even had any damage at all to any of my discs was when a former friend (y'all know who) borrowed one of them and his brother threw it and broke it. Fucking killed the original Spyro. Absolute bell end. Took me years to get him to pay me back for that and he wound up being a total bell end. Should have just accepted the monetary loss and told him to fuck off, would have saved me a lot of stress down the line.

• Like 3

I'm sure there's many instances of me having something twice but I can't think of anything more than 3 times and that seems to have happened a few times:

Fallout 3 (360, 360 GotY version and PC)
Fallout NV (360, 360 GotY version and PC)
Oblivion (360, 360 Goty version and PC)
Xcom: Enemy Unknown (360 GWG, PS3 PS+ and PC)
San Andreas (PS2, PC, 360)
GTA I/II (PS1, PC disc and Steam)
GTA III (PS2, PC, Android)
Worms Armageddon (PS1, 360, PC)

Possibly more than that as well. Actually, with X-Com if I'd held off slightly, I think it was free momentarily on PC as part of the Bafta award voting at some point so it could have been the only case of 'owning' it three times but never actually paying money for it. As it was, I bought a PC key for like a quid at some point.

Plants vs Zombies actually might start pushing the limit if I ever get the DS version. Like, I have it on 360, Steam and Origin. At that point you're kinda splitting hairs though when you just summarise those last two as PC.

1 hour ago, King Jaffellis Joffer said:

I'm sure there's many instances of me having something twice but I can't think of anything more than 3 times and that seems to have happened a few times:

Fallout 3 (360, 360 GotY version and PC)
Fallout NV (360, 360 GotY version and PC)
Oblivion (360, 360 Goty version and PC)
Xcom: Enemy Unknown (360 GWG, PS3 PS+ and PC)
San Andreas (PS2, PC, 360)
GTA I/II (PS1, PC disc and Steam)
GTA III (PS2, PC, Android)
Worms Armageddon (PS1, 360, PC)

Possibly more than that as well. Actually, with X-Com if I'd held off slightly, I think it was free momentarily on PC as part of the Bafta award voting at some point so it could have been the only case of 'owning' it three times but never actually paying money for it. As it was, I bought a PC key for like a quid at some point.

Plants vs Zombies actually might start pushing the limit if I ever get the DS version. Like, I have it on 360, Steam and Origin. At that point you're kinda splitting hairs though when you just summarise those last two as PC.

You can get this on steam? Must have! Do Want!

EDIT** It seems I cannot purchase in my country -.-

Edited by Rocky

Fallout 3 on PS3 originally and then on Xbox 360 when I wanted to replay with dlc. Fallout 4 on xbox one and had it bundled with my PS4, if that counts.

GTAV on 360 and then again on Xbone. Saints Row 4 might be the game I've bought more than once and haven't ever played. Got it on 360, traded it back soonish, got it on Xbone and similarly traded it when needed.

Bought the first 2 Arkham games on PS3, bought Return to Arkham to replay them on Xbone, traded it to fund my PS4 and bought again now I want to play again.

4 minutes ago, Kaney said:

Fallout 3 on PS3 originally and then on Xbox 360 when I wanted to replay with dlc. Fallout 4 on xbox one and had it bundled with my PS4, if that counts.

GTAV on 360 and then again on Xbone. Saints Row 4 might be the game I've bought more than once and haven't ever played. Got it on 360, traded it back soonish, got it on Xbone and similarly traded it when needed.

Bought the first 2 Arkham games on PS3, bought Return to Arkham to replay them on Xbone, traded it to fund my PS4 and bought again now I want to play again.

Bullshit. No Scottish person has ever bought something twice. 

• Like 1

GTA III twice because my friend fucked up my first copy. I brought it over to his house with my PS2 (both were new) and he got up to go to the bathroom. His foot caught the controller cable and pulled the whole thing down which scratched the hell out of the game. 

He was mortified and gave me the money for a new one, so it was no harm really. Sort of a bummer, but one of those things that is an accident, no big deal. 

oh yeah, and Elder Scrolls Oblivion. X-Box 360, then quite a few years later I bought it on PS3 because I had an itch to play it again. Still was a lot of fun even after playing Skyrim. I'm thinking I'd like to get Skyrim on PS4 so add that to the list eventually. 

Edited by VPNutsRoastingOnAOpenFire