Benji

Simsky Faster Education Mod for Young Adults, and the rest is Postponed Silver Years, which you can edit in SimPE to suit your preferences (though it only takes effect the next time a Sim grows up and won't immediately effect them like SimSky will for Young Adults).

20 hours ago, The Handsome Luchadore said:

What's your computer specs like? How recent was the installation? How much custom content do y'all have in-game?

Not great specs, but it's worked just fine on worse. And no custom content whatsoever. 

19 hours ago, Mick said:

Well, any PC or laptop bought after 2010 should run the game just fine, even if it's Ultimate Edition. Here, follow this and see if it helps, @Cymbols

Oh mate you are a hero. Cheers. 

• Like 1

On 25/03/2017 at 05:05, Mick said:

Well, any PC or laptop bought after 2010 should run the game just fine, even if it's Ultimate Edition. Here, follow this and see if it helps, @Cymbols

Problem still persists actually. Read someplace that it's an issue with something called securom, and that I need to get rid of that somehow. You reckon that's potentially what's causing the problem?

On to Season 2!

In the Broke household, Barry grew up into a child, he's smart and outgoing, and currently looks like Adam Goldberg from The Goldbergs, so I might see about putting him on the Showbiz path. Dustin raised him well despite the circumstances. Beau grew up okay, but not particularly well, and when he grew up he had the single most camp puffer jacket I have seen in my life, he looks like a total party boy, so that's going to be his form of "rebellion" like Dustin had. He also has to look after Barry, so how he'll balance those two is yet to be seen. Dustin went off to college with a reasonable B+ grade and is looking to become a doctor. However, I'm also planning on having him and Lilith start a relationship whilst Angela is obsessed with her studies at Sim State U, since they have better chemistry than with either of their partners. Plus I read Lilith's backstory the other day and she totally deserves to get one over on her sister.

Herb of the Oldies died with perfect aspiration, so Coral moved in with the Pleasants after Angela and Lilith left for college. She adopted a kitten on the last day before she died to also end up with perfect aspiration. So Mary-Sue had to deal with her mum dying... then I promptly forgot that Daniel and Kaylynn were in the house together and they kissed in front of her not 20 seconds later. I mean, I intended Dina Caliente to be the one to cause friction but whatever works. Timing couldn't have been more awful for poor Mary-Sue though :( Not sure if I will reunite them or not. Thought I might just "Clinton" them and have them stay together publicly for Mary-Sue's political career, but just have it be an open secret that Daniel is a hound. At least Mary-Sue has the kitten!

I also did the Lothario household again, and Don is currently up to 7 people woohoo'd out of a desired 20. They are - Nina and Dina Caliente (sisters), Coral Oldie and Mary-Sue Pleasant (mother and daughter), Cassandra Goth (his ex-fiancee after he got back in with her, which is going to be a cause of friction between Cass and Darren Dreamer), plus two townies. He's also working his magic on Heather Huffington after I paid the Gypsy for a blind date with a perfect match. I might set them up as an actual couple when Heather graduates as they're both romance Sims and are as bad as one another :lol:

Still got to do the rest so far, but having fun.

PS: The age changing mod is glorious, only one day of baby stage? Heck yeah.

Yeah I'm p much fucked unless I try that, which I don't really want to. Takes 30 seconds to switch between categories in build/buy mode, and switching characters is only fluid for a short amount of time.

Would try running the game in Windows 7 capability not 10, but I don't actually know how to do it because it isn't an option under properties either. Ugh. 

So, here's an idea. 

Why don't we just build our own town? We can export lots and Sims, we can make ourselves, make our house etc and there we go :shifty:  .

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Jasonmufc said:

Time for Sims Mafia. Dibs on Don Lothario! :shifty:

Jasonmufc found himself in a room with no doors. Bad end.

Jasonmufc was Jasonmufc, Town-aligned Sim

• Like 2

I've been building a town from a blank neighborhood using CC.
So far I have a Hospital, Police & Fire departments, High School, Elementary/Pyimary School, Rec Centre (Maybe too big might rebuild), Sports fields (Decorative) Town Hall, Church, Cemetery, Drive-In Cinema, Shopping Centre/Mall, Bus Depot (Decorative), Trains station (Decorative), Marina (Decorative) a couple of Parking lots, A couple of farms, Few burger joints, Service Stations, Car Dealership (Currently building a garage behind it for repairs), A separated section for a kind of Abandoned Industrial area, aaaaand I think that's about it. give or take a few spots here and there.

I've made the Hospital/Police/Fire lots residential and have moved in sims and put them all in the relative job fields. Uniforms & all. Just can't get a lab coat for the male doctors so the males are nurses atm. I have not really added in any residential lots for "families" yet as I want to build up the rest first.

Residential lots will be around the town centre mostly and s few bigger lots down at the Marina on the coast.
Not looking forward to having to fill it all with sims though. So much random select gonna happen.

I've added a few "hack" items to the emergency services lots where their motives & aspirations don't drop as I don't exactly intend on playing these lots too deliberately.

The worst part about this is every time I need something new, I have to close the game, obtain item, reopen game then continue until the next step.
I should write it out and plan ahead for each lot.

Current Download status: 1.19GB 1.80GB custom content

Edited by Rocky
  • Like 1

So my mind finally had a moment of clarity and realized that hey maybe it's stupid to drop $150+ on this when I can apparently still claim an Ultimate Edition download as soon as my copy of Double Deluxe rolls in and talk it over with support. <_<

(Now comes the part where you mock me for buying it new)

3 hours ago, The Handsome Luchadore said:

So my mind finally had a moment of clarity and realized that hey maybe it's stupid to drop $150+ on this when I can apparently still claim an Ultimate Edition download as soon as my copy of Double Deluxe rolls in and talk it over with support. <_<

(Now comes the part where you mock me for buying it new)

If you just needed a Serial Number for Double Deluxe to claim this I could've sent you mine, My copy has just been sitting in the bottom draw for 4-5 years.

10 hours ago, Rocky said:

If you just needed a Serial Number for Double Deluxe to claim this I could've sent you mine, My copy has just been sitting in the bottom draw for 4-5 years.

I just wanted to cover all my bases (also something about physical copies), but thanks for the offer. :wub:

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Just Ghost said:

What is Mafia? I don't even know but I like The Sims and might give it a go. 

It's a forum elimination game. 

Generally, there's two sides; Town and Mafia, and two phases, day and night. At night, the mafia decides to kill one town member (all mafia members usually know each other). During the day, everyone votes to lynch one person, and it's revealed if it's town or mafia. There's a super majority of town, and it ends when the last mafia member is dead, or mafia outnumbers town. 

You can see more by googling "Mafia Game" and checking out the wikis for it. 

• Like 1