Benji

Where's good for mods these days (not just textures, lots etc, but actual gameplay mods)? Simbology used to be the place but that's apparently gone now and Mod The Sims' search function is a god awful mess with no "sort by popular" feature.

Most importantly looking for Insiminator, Inteenimator and ACR mods with installation instructions cause I R Dumb. Also, is there any way to replace the townie pool for a single neighbourhood? I found a mod that changes townies to aliens which would be dope for Strangetown, but it seems to indicate you can only replace all townie pools?

Also looking for a mod that makes the lot start on the same season as most of the current lots rather than the default quick change from summer to autumn.

30 minutes ago, Benji said:

Oh, I also want one that fixes ages. Cause seriously, parents should not be elders by the time their kid graduates college.

Depends on how stupid the kids are

• Like 2

Okay, I actually just worked it out. Unless you fall in love and have a baby within days of turning adult, there's a extremely good chance your Sim will die of old age before your kid graduates. That's absurd.

54 days from birth to graduation (provided your Sim isn't held back a semester or eight), plus 3 days pregnancy in the first place
39-61 days from graduating/becoming an adult to death by old age depending on how well they grew up

I want a mod that nerfs college down to 2 days a semester (cause 16 days seems more reasonable than 24 days), and boosts adult stage to around 50 days.

Why wasn't this taken into account when they added the university expansion? I mean, it's a good expansion, but I'm not playing that much of such a specific part of the game just to keep my 'hood ages balanced.

3 minutes ago, Cymbols said:

I just double up on the amount of time I play at university, and put most of the sims in the same dorm so it kinda ends up reducing the overall length of time I'm spending running university stuff. 

I'd do that, but I already feel like I play way too much university as is. Hopefully once this first bunch of graduates leave it will be a bit better.

2 hours ago, Benji said:

Okay, I actually just worked it out. Unless you fall in love and have a baby within days of turning adult, there's a extremely good chance your Sim will die of old age before your kid graduates. That's absurd.

54 days from birth to graduation (provided your Sim isn't held back a semester or eight), plus 3 days pregnancy in the first place
39-61 days from graduating/becoming an adult to death by old age depending on how well they grew up

I want a mod that nerfs college down to 2 days a semester (cause 16 days seems more reasonable than 24 days), and boosts adult stage to around 50 days.

Why wasn't this taken into account when they added the university expansion? I mean, it's a good expansion, but I'm not playing that much of such a specific part of the game just to keep my 'hood ages balanced.

That might be possible, I know there's one on modthesims that will set it at 2 days, but I also believe it's a flavor mod; you download the package you want and install it. 

See, this is one things Sims 3 got right :shifty: . 

21 hours ago, Benji said:

It's not just reinstalling, it's doing it in that order.

If you put the neighbourhoods in BEFORE you install the game, it should work. Not sure why.

Ohh, I thought they were two separate solutions. So, I think I've put the neighbourhood info in the right place, I'm not entirely sure, because there's neighbourhood files for every expansion, so I basically just replaced every Pleasantview default with my version - and hopefully that does it. Anyways, here goes nothing. 

1 hour ago, Cymbols said:

Ohh, I thought they were two separate solutions. So, I think I've put the neighbourhood info in the right place, I'm not entirely sure, because there's neighbourhood files for every expansion, so I basically just replaced every Pleasantview default with my version - and hopefully that does it. Anyways, here goes nothing. 

UPDATE: Did not work :( 

2 hours ago, MDK said:

I don't want to play this anymore because I don't want WobbleChops and Dave to die :( 

There is an aging off cheat... 

Yay mods!

I have also installed Postponed Silver Years and altered it with SimPE to suit my own for adult ages (extended to 40, I felt that was about right as it meant anyone with the shortest elder life and who had their kid as soon as they became an adult would potentially be dead a few days after their child graduated from College). Then I installed SimSky Faster Education mod to make college semesters two days long. I did look at one for summer holidays but it seems like it's a bit awkward if you have different seasons in different neighbourhoods and I can't be arsed with that.

Still looking for one where there's no need for love for woohoo (because let's be honest, in real life that doesn't matter to a lot of folks). Hopefully one based on the levels of attraction values (lightning bolts). Looking for one that replaces Strangetown townies only with aliens. One that makes a lot start on "current" season, and a "Room Mate" move in option so romance isn't required.

18 minutes ago, Benji said:

Still looking for one where there's no need for love for woohoo (because let's be honest, in real life that doesn't matter to a lot of folks). Hopefully one based on the levels of attraction values (lightning bolts). 

I know there was one with Sims 3 that really overhauled woo-hoo. Cyber woo-hoo, anonymous woo-hoo, paid woo-hoo, risky woo-hoo, etc. 

:shifty:

I managed to get on chat and get TS2 Ultimate Collection on Origin, happy days.

On 20/03/2017 at 21:06, MDK said:

I once went out with a Geordie. I'm getting flashbacks about not being able to understand a fucking word she said. Its like whale song.

• Like 2