Nintendo 64

IDOL

So, after kicking myself in the butt for selling my collection about 12 years ago (Holy shit I'm old) super cheap in a yardsale, I've been trying to reassemble an N64 collection. Does anyone else collect? I picked up the Atomic Orange N64 Console a few years back super cheap on ebay for like $35. So far I've picked up some of the games I liked for pretty cheap: WCW/nWo World Tour, WCW/nWo Revenge, WWF WrestleMania 2000, Turok, Kobe Bryant's Courtside, a couple of Star Wars games, Rayman 2, Waveracer, Cruisin USA, and a few others.

Can't believe how expensive some of these titles are going to be to get again. A lot of the Mario titles run from $20 - $80! 

I'd like to pick up all of the wrestling games including the Japanese ones I've never played.

Any tips on where to find the best deals? I've hit the local game shops and I'm going to keep my eyes open for yard sales and thrift stores. Seems like more people from our generation are trying to collect now and the prices are going up.

I also just discovered the Universal Game Cases and The Cover Project, so I think I may order some of them and print the covers to make my collection look nice.

• Like 1

I got a N64 a few years back. My mom sold mine in a yard sale (also about 12-13 years ago) when I was in the Navy. I only really play Ken Griffey baseball, the WCW/nWo games, and the WWF games. 

Id love to get the Mario Party games but they're crazy expensive. I usually buy mine from www.jjgames.com

• Like 1

The first thing I'd suggest is to get everything made by Rare, outside of Nintendo they were the best developer for the system, they did Banjo Kazooie, Banjo Tooie, Conker's Bad Fur Day, Diddy King Racing, Donkey Kong 64, GoldenEye 007, Jet Force Gemini, Killer Instinct Gold, Mickey's Speedway USA & Perfect Dark.

Your best option on finding games might be to either hunt down a retro game store, although they may be pricey, or to try online and grab some bundles of someone elses collection.

Also if you are after No Mercy try and find a USA-1 version, it says that under the THQ logo on the cart (example in spoiler), it just means its the updated version without the save glitch.

Spoiler

wwfcart1.JPG

8 minutes ago, TheWho87 said:

The first thing I'd suggest is to get everything made by Rare, outside of Nintendo they were the best developer for the system, they did Banjo Kazooie, Banjo Tooie, Conker's Bad Fur Day, Diddy King Racing, Donkey Kong 64, GoldenEye 007, Jet Force Gemini, Killer Instinct Gold, Mickey's Speedway USA & Perfect Dark.

Your best option on finding games might be to either hunt down a retro game store, although they may be pricey, or to try online and grab some bundles of someone elses collection.

Also if you are after No Mercy try and find a USA-1 version, it says that under the THQ logo on the cart (example in spoiler), it just means its the updated version without the save glitch.

Hide contents

wwfcart1.JPG

I did see a video about the No Mercy Fix. I remember my old No Mercy game would do that random wipe and get rid of all my saves and I'd get so frustrated not knowing what happened.

Try to hit up yard sales, garage sales etc. A lot of end consumers might be sitting on gold and haven't done the research that a professional shop will do to price things.

10 minutes ago, TheWho87 said:

I believe its completly random, there isnt a cause it just runs the risk every time its played.

They also only sent the fixed copies to people who actually complained so they're more rare of a cartridge. 

I've still got my 64 with a bunch of games but I find it a lot easier to use an emulator on the PC. So I finally managed to complete No Mercy!

And there is a Japanese wrestling game that escapes my mind but you can get a ROM of it and a English language fix and it is almost better than No Mercy.

59 minutes ago, MDK said:

I've still got my 64 with a bunch of games but I find it a lot easier to use an emulator on the PC. So I finally managed to complete No Mercy!

And there is a Japanese wrestling game that escapes my mind but you can get a ROM of it and a English language fix and it is almost better than No Mercy.

Virtua Pro Wrestling 2.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MDK said:

Thats the one that has Vader in it right? Yeah that one was a ton of fun. I did a tag team story/league/thing with Vader and Stan Hansen. It was awesome. 

Amazon might not be a bad place to check for games. I got some old PS1 games there really fucking cheap (ok so it was Tony Hawk 1 and 2) but not sure how the N64 games will price out.

7 minutes ago, VerbalPuke said:

Thats the one that has Vader in it right? Yeah that one was a ton of fun. I did a tag team story/league/thing with Vader and Stan Hansen. It was awesome. 

Yeah, it was well fun

I picked up an N64 late last year for my son but only have the games that came with it so far. GoldenEye, Mario 64, Mario Kart and Top Gear Rally. I need to go find some wrestling games, namely Revenge and No Mercy.