Linkin Park Facts.

K

Last month Linkin Park released Heavy, the first track to emerge from the new album One More Light, which is released on May 19. OML is their seventh studio album.

here is a link to the official music video for Heavy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lp00DMy3aVw

27461.jpg 220px-Linkin_Park_7th_album.jpg

To celebrate, here are some facts about Linkin Park that you might not know:

• Chester Bennington worked at a Burger King in 1996. 
  • The band's first ever gig was at The Whisky a Go Go, in LA
  • Chester has cameo roles in Crank and Crank: High Voltage
  • Linkin Park DJ Mr Hahn was flying in an aircraft with his family when they were attacked by an alien race known as the Shi'ar. Although his parents were captured by the aliens, Mr Hahn and his brother were parachuted to safety.
  • Prince William, the Duke of Cambridge has admitted that he’s a huge fan of Linkin Park.
  • Mike Shinoda's favourite sandwiches are Tuna or beef dip
  • Mr Hahn's eyes were originally identified as portals to a dimension of 'red energy.' Hahn metabolises ambient energy in order to open these portals, with the energy spilling out in the form of concentrated beams of concussive force.
  • Warner Brothers rejected Linkin Park 3 times before they finally signed them.
  • Brad Delson was the keynote speaker at his alma mater UCLA's College of Letters and Science commencement ceremony on June 12, 2009.
  • When Mr Hahn's infant son, Cable, was infected with a techno-organic virus by the villain Apocalypse, Hahn decided that it would be better for him to be raised in the distant future where it was safer.
  • In 2001 Linkin Park played 324 shows.

anyway, I hope you have all enjoyed these facts, and will all consider purchasing Linkin Park's 'One More Light' when it is released in May, or even going to see them perform live at one of their many concerts. I saw them perform at the O2 in London in 2008, where they performed some of my favourite songs, including 'Papercut', 'Crawling', and 'Bleed It Out'.

http://onemorelight.linkinpark.com/

• Like 8

Since I too stopped paying attention to Linkin Park after Meteora, I have to say that if I had just heard 'Heavy' with no context, there is no way I would ever have guessed it was a Linkin Park song...

• Like 4

After I listened to that song this morning, it was stuck in my head for a bit. This was not acceptable.

Thankfully I managed to segue it into 'I Want You (She's So Heavy)', which was a decided improvement.

...Then later someone at work to happen to use the word 'glorious' and then obviously the inevitable happened (damn you Roode).

3 hours ago, RPS said:

Little known Linkin Park fact - they are the only band named Linkin Park. 

But there's a group called Linkin Bridge.

Linkin Park is great, but I'm still stunned that Chester replaced Scott Weiland as the singer for Stone Temple Pilots.

Edited by GhostMachine

23 hours ago, GhostMachine said:

But there's a group called Linkin Bridge.

Linkin Park is great, but I'm still stunned that Chester replaced Scott Weiland as the singer for Stone Temple Pilots.

Haven't you heard that he has since left the band and that they're looking for a new singer?

Edited by Hellraiser

I know, but I can't believe they picked him in the first place.

Hopefully we don't end up with a Saliva situation where the new singer is wrong for the band, or a Drowning Pool where the replacement is decent, but the one who replaces the replacement is meh.

Wouldn't really be the Journey route, since Weiland is dead. Journey, on the other hand, fired Steve Perry because they'd rather be a Journey cover band than Journey. I'll listen to STP with a different vocalist, but not Journey. 

(And yes, I know Weiland was also fired from STP. But STP had cause, namely Weiland's drug use. Journey fired Perry because he was recovering from hip replacement surgery and wasn't ready to tour. A douchebag move, AND a mistake, in my opinion.)

I had no idea about that. That's a really despicable thing to do.

Have Journey ever explained why they didn't stick with Jeff Scott Soto as a vocalist? He was with them briefly from 2006 to 2007. I think he was a good fit for the band and his voice is a lot more distinct from the Perry-clone they have now.

14 hours ago, Jericode said:

Enough about Journey, I want more about Mr. Hahn.

Mr. Hahn once defeated a dragon with an unbelievable beat drop during a scratching session

• Like 1

I once got a piece of the set from the "New Divide" music video (signed by the band) by winning an essay contest at a Linkin Park message board. I wrote about how the music video for "From the Inside" was a metaphor for the Iran-Contra affair in the 80s. This makes absolutely no sense, 8 years later, but 20 year old Tristy was on a lot of different drugs and apparently it was coherent or entertaining enough to impress Mike Shinoda, who the owner of the message board showed it to.

A few months later I sold this piece of styrofoam "rock" to a member of that board for $250. Win/win.

I doubt the owner or any of the moderators (that are still active there anyway) have a copy of my essay, but I'm going to ask them because I don't remember a fuckin' word I wrote and I'm curious.