TEW16 Real World Update: April 2017

Here is the update for April, this is set up post WrestleMania so everything that happened on the show would be included, there are two other changes I addedd since they seemed logical, adding the WWN title and champion and a title change regarding new WWE talent, beyond that the main changes this month have been updating stats, I've passed the half way mark so shouldd be all downhill from here. There are some new gimmicks as I finally finished sorting out the gimmick file, I converted Fun Babyface to a series of Comic Relief gimmicks, that was the main use of the gimmick anyway, I've also converted and expanded Full Blooded Italian to a series of Ethnic Stereotype gimmicks, should cover any type of gimmick that plays on an OTT ethnic stereotype in a different way to foreigner. Beyond that I haven't updated much beyond what's been mentioned in the threads and the typical updates for the month.

Also before @JohnnyNitro inevitably comments to add it, I did not add Impact's UK TV deal to April's update because it starts towards the end of the month, It will be added for the May update when it will be airing on the broadcasters.

I suggest downloading the graphics pack as it includes the new NXT titles.

Enjoy

Database: April 2017
Graphics: April 2017
Workers: January 2017
(Photobucket)

Frequently Asked Questions

Why is [Promotion] closed when they are active?
Due to how slow the game runs with more promotions active, I have included active promotions but have them closed, to identify these they have their opening date and closed date the same. To activate the promotion simply remove the closed date. They may also have their titles histories included, if they do you need to go into "Title Lineages" and remove their most recent record (identified with a "= -" or "= - #" before their record name). You can then activate the title (all closed promotions titles are retired) and then set the champion if they are under contract.

Helpful Guidelines

Spoiler

Stamina Stat To Match Length
41-53% = 10m Max
53-65% = 15m Max
65-77% = 34m Max
77-89% = 49m Max
89-100% - upto 88m

Popularity Levels (Based on general all region percentages)
0-19% = Unknown
20-39% = Regional Level
40-57% = Regional Star
58-62% = Recognisable
63-69% = Well Known
70-77% = Draw
78-84% = Star
85-92% = Huge Star
93-100% = Icon

Personality Templates

Spoiler

Class Act (Positive)
- Compassionate
- Dependable
- Driven
- Humble
- Loyal
- Optimistic
- Social

Class Act (Positive)
- Dependable
- Extremely Loyal
- Social

Egomaniac Star (Extremly Negative)
- Bold
- Dependable
- Extremely Driven
- Extremely Egotistical
- Extremely Manipulative
- Mercenary
- Ruthless
- Selfish

Free Spirit (Positive)
- Compassionate
- Extremely Flaky
- Extremely Liberal
- Extremely Social
- Hesitant
- Humble
- Loyal
- Naive
- Optimistic

Grizzled Veteran
- Antisocial
- Conservative
- Dependable
- Pessimistic

Jerk (Very Negative)
- Bold
- Driven
- Egotistical
- Manipulative
- Mercenary
- Ruthless
- Selfish

Master Politician
- Driven
- Egotistical
- Extremely Dependable
- Extremely Manipulative
- Ruthless
- Selfish
- Social

Normal
- Bold
- Egotistical
- Mercenary
- Ruthless
- Selfish
- Social

Party Animal (Positive)
- Bold
- Extremely Social
- Flaky
- Hesitant
- Liberal
- Optimistic

Rookie (Positive)
- Compassionate
- Dependable
- Extremely Naive
- Generous
- Hesitant
- Humble
- Loyal
- Optimistic
- Social
- Timid

How to Install a Mod and Picture Packs in TEW 2016

Spoiler

Not signed in

Not signed in
  • Like 1

• Lineker featured and pinned this topic

Great update as always.

Few things I noticed

- remove the injuries for Austin Aries and Shelton Benjamin

- Impact Wrestling (company) no longer uses the "giant bird" logo. The company logo should be the same as the tv show logo

New TV Channel and Broadcast agreement to be added - Any Canadians on here familiar with the channel to suggest size details etc?

http://prowrestling.net/site/2017/04/03/impact-wrestling-air-game-tv-canada/

TORONTO – Anthem Sports & Entertainment Corp. announced today that new weekly episdoes of IMPACT Wrestling will simulcast on Canadian specialty network GameTV beginning this week.

New episodes of IMPACT Wrestling will simulcast on Fight 
Network and GameTV on Thursdays at 8 p.m. ET in Canada, reaching over 10
million homes across Canadian cable, satellite and IPTV systems at the 
same time as the U.S. premiere broadcast on Pop TV.

IMPACT Wrestling features professional wrestling greats such
as World Champion Bobby Lashley, Alberto El Patron, EC3, Moose, Eddie 
Edwards, Davey Richards, James Storm, the high-flying X-Division and the
lovely and lethal Knockouts.

On this week's highly anticipated edition of IMPACT Wrestling,
former tag-team partners Davey Richards and Eddie Edwards will compete 
in a grueling Las Man Standing Match, where incapacitating your opponent
to the point where they can not answer the referee's 10-count is the 
only way to win this match. It is one of the most taxing matches there 
is. In addition to the main event grudge match, several fan favorites 
will be returning to the IMPACT Zone.

Other recent programming additions to GameTV include Betty White's 
Off Their Rockers, Showdown Of The Unbeatables, a new season of Storage 
Hunters, Celebrity Name Game, Shark Tank and a fresh slate of 
award-winning feature films such as Wall Street.

GameTV is available in over 9.5 million homes across Canadian cable, satellite and IPTV systems.

3 hours ago, Kevin Elliott said:

I saw the channel on a free preview before. It was in SD so they don't need high production values. I'd make them the same size as Fight Network.  

They appear to be owned by Anthem so I cloned Fight Network and set their wrestling preference to neutral.

And to think that GameTV is on my actual basic TV package at home. Guess I shouldn't be surprised since I recently saw them broadcast TNA in 60 & TNA's Greatest Matches on random occasions.

But yeah, I think that GameTV being the size of Fight Network is the right setting.

Also, to be included in the May update, from her Twitter account, Taeler Hendrix is parting ways with ROH.

• Like 1

I put together a logo for GameTV with your grey background who if you want to add it to the next update aswell. cheers.

4j2n1j.jpg

Also the "Begins in" date for the channel should be November 2005 according to wikipedia. 

Just noticed another couple of updates -

• remove Konnan from AAA - he was removed from creative in Feb 2016 and has levelled some heavy accusations their way regarding non payment of talents etc. resulting in bad blood. He seems to be solely focused on his own promotion The Crash (who have picked up a large number of AAA defectors recently as well) and side work with TNA as part of LAX so safe to assume he won't be back in AAA any time soon. 
  • Web Sites for WOS and Crash as they are currently blank: The Crash: www.thecrash.mx, WOS: www.woswrestling.com
  • Remove Daga and Garza Jr. from AAA - During a January 21, 2017 for The Crash promotion, Daga, Pentagón Jr. and Garza Jr. all came to the ring and later confirmed that they had left AAA only one day after all appearing at AAA's 2017 Guerra de Titanes show.
  • Remove Jack Evans from AAA - He was fired in October after making critical comments about the promotion, also now with Crash. 
  • Add Kurt Angle to WWE under Written Contract - Gimmick olympic medalist, babyface, push = authority figure.
Edited by JohnnyNitro

- Remove Taeler Hendrix from ROH

- Remove Aron Rex/Aaron Stevens from Impact Wrestling

- Remove Simon Gotch from WWE

- Change Brandi Lauren's Impact Wrestling name to Ava Storie - they appear to have changed it three weeks after she debuted as Kayci Quinn, no explanation given. 

- Add Amanda Rodriguez to the Impact Wrestling Roster - PPA, Babyface, Old School Face (Realistic)

- Add Starting injury for Shiima Xion / DJZ - Undisclosed body injury (its a broken colon) - time off = 12 weeks

- Add Starting injury for Rusev / Miroslav Barnyashev - Undisclosed Shoulder Injury - time off = 12 weeks (Lana announced on Busted open radio he'd be back from shoulder injury within 2-4 months)

- Add Jonathan Gresham to ROH - Heel - Old School Heel(Realistic)

Edited by JohnnyNitro

- Set undertaker to retired wrestler and add starting injury for hip surgery.

- Add starting injury to Mick Foley. He's also undergoing hip surgery - He stated on Facebook (in spoilers) that surgery would mean he couldn't fly for 6 weeks, so i'd put him down as out at least 8 weeks.

Spoiler

- Remove Chris Jericho from WWE. Add a starting absence of 8 weeks "Touring with Band".

Edited by JohnnyNitro

- Add Sonjay Dutt to Impact Wrestling - Written - Push = Road Agent

http://411mania.com/wrestling/sonjay-dutt-signs-with-impact-wrestling/

- Add a loyalty worker relationship between Sonjay Dutt and Jeff Jarrett

- Change Kevin Matthews ring name in IMPACT to KM

Add new Tag-Team "Veterans of War" to Impact Wrestling. Details below in spoilers as they don't debut until next week. 

Spoiler

Team name: Veterans of War

Company: Impact

Team Type: Unit

Experience: Low

Formed: April 2017

Partner 1: Phil Shatter

Partner 2: Tommy Mercer

- Add Phil Shatter to Impact Wrestling as Gunner, Babyface, Armed Forces(Realistic)

- Add Tommy Mercer to Impact Wrestling as Crimson, Babyface, Armed Forces(Realistic)

Edited by JohnnyNitro

Another new channel for addition - new TV Deal in Japan for WWE. Looks like its just a streaming service as opposed to a traditional tv station. 

http://corporate.wwe.com/investors/news/press-releases/2017/04-10-2017-142956222

04/10/2017

TOKYO & STAMFORD, Conn.--(BUSINESS WIRE)-- WWE (NYSE:WWE) and DAZN today announced that WWE’s flagship programs Raw® and SmackDown® will be available live in Japan with Japanese commentary for the first time ever, beginning tomorrow at 9AM on DAZN.

Fans will be able to live stream all three hours of Raw and two hours of SmackDown exclusively on DAZN. Raw will be available live every week on Tuesdays at 9AM, while SmackDown will be available live every week on Wednesdays at 9AM. Fans will now be able to follow all the action in real time featuring their favorite WWE Superstars, including Japan’s own Shinsuke Nakamura™. Raw and SmackDown will also be available via video on demand for DAZN customers.

In addition, fans will soon be able to watch other WWE featured content and highlight shows on DAZN, including WWE Experience®, WWE Bottomline®, and WWE This Week™(release dates of these shows to be announced). Fans can download the DAZN App and watch WWE content on Smart TVs, smartphones, tablets and gaming consoles, as well as via Chromecast on iOS and Android.

“We’re really excited to add WWE to our portfolio in Japan,” said John Gleasure, Chief Commercial Officer of DAZN. “Raw and SmackDown complement and strengthen our overall international sport offering, plus the live and non-live content available for fans to watch works perfectly for our business model.”

“Our new partnership with DAZN will enable WWE to engage with fans in Japan like never before,” said Ed Wells, WWE Executive Vice President, International. “DAZN will provide WWE fans with a destination to watch Raw and SmackDown live and in Japanese on the device of their choice and follow WWE Superstar Shinsuke Nakamura as he continues his WWE journey.”

WWE joins DAZN’s strong portfolio of international sports which includes La Liga, Bundesliga, Major League Baseball, Formula One and UFC.

About DAZN

DAZN is a revolutionary live sports streaming service that lets fans to watch their sport, their way. With access to the world’s best sports, including top European football, US sports, tennis, darts and more, fans can watch their favorite teams, leagues and players at home or on the go for an affordable monthly price. DAZN features the widest array of live sports ever offered on one TV service and has the ability to play, pause and rewind any game with no commercial interruptions and no long-term fixed contracts. Currently available in Germany, Austria, Switzerland and Japan, fans can find DAZN on most connected devices including Smart TVs, smartphones, tablets and games consoles. For more information please go to http://media.dazn.com/en/.

Cesaro & Sheamus have yet to be added as a team. Add them probably with Low Experience.

Deactivate Vaudevillains.

Call up Elias Sampson and assigned to Raw.

Add injury for Kofi Kingston, Broken Ankle. What you think, 8 or 10 weeks?

Add injury for Brett Major, Undisclosed Knee Injury. Report stated 4 to 9 months back in December. 9 months is September. So from today it would be 20 weeks (roughly).

Just speculation on this one, but add injury for Fred Sampson, Undisclosed Elbow Injury. I'm putting 4 weeks as his injury was a little while ago. Couldn't find exact dates on him at all except for when it happened.

Add injury for Cedric Alexander, Undisclosed Knee Injury. Injured mid-March and report was 5 months. So 16 weeks, since 1 month has passed.

With Nikki Bella (Nicole Garcia), not sure if it would be better to make her on hiatus (or non-wrestler) or add an injury. We have no timetable whatsoever on a return, but she has said that she will one day. She's still under contract, so I was thinking making her on hiatus?

Also Brie has done nothing except for Total Divas & Total Bellas. She's full on retired. Update her profile to Never for Wrestler and Manager and set Personality to Usually.

Turn TJ Perkins heel and update gimmick to Show Stealer (Cocky).

Turn James Ellsworth heel and update gimmick to Obnoxious.

Remove Ashley Sebara (Dana Brooke) as manager to Charlotte Flair. Turn Dana to babyface? Old School Face (Wholesome or Cocky?) gimmick?

Remove manager from Eva Marie.

Would Prima Donna (Cocky) be better gimmicks for Breezango? Also, should they be renamed to Fashion Police?

Pretty sure Ho Ho Lun is babyface. Old School Face (Cocky) works.

Since when is Lince Dorado heel? Change to Babyface with Masked Luchadore (Wholesome) gimmick.

Change Mustafa Ali to Babyface. Old School Face (Cocky).

Change Natalya to Heel. Old School Heel (Cocky).

Change Lana to Heel.

Change Seth Rollins to Babyface. Old School Face (Cocky).

Change Titus O'Neil to Heel. Old School Heel (Cocky).

Remove Naomi as Tamina's manager. Not sure if Tamina should be a babyface or a heel? Has she even done anything since being cleared?

And one thing that bothers me that is a small update. Please change Manager for David Kapoor to Never.

Remove Rosa Mendes from WWE and mark as Retired.

Move Harv and Gurv Sihra to NXT.

Pretty decent size updates here. Appreciate your time.

Edited by JustinZayn
  • Like 1