TEW16 Real World Update: April 2017

- Add starting injury for kofi kingston - 4 weeks undisclosed ankle injury

- I'm assuming you already know the RAW/SMACKDOWN superstar shakeup moves - remember to move the title belts brands as well though. 

- Remove Lio Rush from ROH - add a PPA deal with Evolve. 

- Remove Mauro Ranallo from smackdown commentary team and replace with Tom Phillips

- Set Mauro Ranallo's WWE contract to expire in 3 months (WWE announced it expires in Aug 2017)

- Add a starting absence for Mauro Ranallo for 3 Months (Nothing in there for depression, i think "In Rehab" would be best fit).

- Add a broadcast deal between IMPACT Wrestling and Youtube for Xplosion - they appear to be posting the Xplosion exclusives to youtube for viewers in the USA, i noticed adding this deal also stops Impact from going out and signing a US TV deal for Xplosion at the start of the game with an unrealistic channel like USA network as happened in some of my saves before this. 

Edited by JohnnyNitro

In case I missed anything, the IC and US titles switched brands, and the following moved to these brands.

Raw
- Alexa Bliss
- Apollo Crews
- Bray Wyatt
- Curt Hawkins
- Dash Wilder (NXT)
- Dean Ambrose
- Heath Slater
- Kalisto
- Maryse
- Mickie James
- Rhyno
- Scott Dawson (NXT)
- The Miz

SmackDown
- Big E
- Charlotte Flair
- Epico
- Jinder Mahal
- Kevin Owens
- Kofi Kingston
- Lana
- Primo
- Rusev
- Sami Zayn
- Shinsuke Nakamura (NXT)
- Sin Cara
- Tamina
- Tye Dillinger (NXT)
- Xavier Woods

Edited by TheWho87

2 hours ago, TheWho87 said:

In case I missed anything, the IC and US titles switched brands, and the following moved to these brands.

Raw
- Alexa Bliss
- Apollo Crews
- Bray Wyatt
- Curt Hawkins
- Dash Wilder (NXT)
- Dean Ambrose
- Heath Slater
- Kalisto
- Maryse
- Mickie James
- Rhyno
- Scott Dawson (NXT)
- The Miz

SmackDown
- Big E
- Charlotte Flair
- Epico
- Jinder Mahal
- Kevin Owens
- Kofi Kingston
- Lana
- Primo
- Rusev
- Sami Zayn
- Shinsuke Nakamura (NXT)
- Sin Cara
- Tamina
- Tye Dillinger (NXT)
- Xavier Woods

Correct. Also an announcer switch Byron Saxton to Smackdown / David Otunga to RAW.

- Remove Shelton Benjamin from WWE 

- Set Kimo / Matt Anoai (Formerly Rosey in WWF) as deceased. He passed away yesterday. 

Edited by JohnnyNitro

http://www.prowrestlingsheet.com/partnership-aaa-impact-wrestling-tours/#.WPZrA1MrJE4

See above, The Impact - AAA relationship seems to be morphing more into an alliance than just a working agreement. 

I haven't managed a promotion within an alliance before - What are the in game differences between Working Agreement and Alliance - is it simply that an Alliance title can be used? Would it be worthwhile therefore adding Impact, AAA, WOS, Crash and NOAH into an alliance or just keep them as Working agreements?

Not sure, but if I'm correct, picture it like the National Wrestling Alliance but with no official name to it. I think that it's basically easier to proceed with talent trades than just a working agreement.

On 4/19/2017 at 08:56, JohnnyNitro said:

http://www.prowrestlingsheet.com/partnership-aaa-impact-wrestling-tours/#.WPZrA1MrJE4

See above, The Impact - AAA relationship seems to be morphing more into an alliance than just a working agreement. 

I haven't managed a promotion within an alliance before - What are the in game differences between Working Agreement and Alliance - is it simply that an Alliance title can be used? Would it be worthwhile therefore adding Impact, AAA, WOS, Crash and NOAH into an alliance or just keep them as Working agreements?

Crash and AAA will never work together.

• Like 1

Some IMPACT Wrestling roster updates following last nights show - 

- Remove Global Force Wrestling from the database, it was announced GFW has merged with IMPACT.

- Add the GFW titles to Impact Wrestling, they have started defending them on Impact broadcasts. 

- Xplosion now has a new logo, ill try and draft a logo up as soon as a better picture comes available - 

Spoiler

C9437hQUAAACVNe.jpg

- Sonjay Dutt is now an active wrestler on the Impact roster as well as a road agent. Add as active wrestler (babyface) with road agent duties set as "Usually".

- In correction from earlier post Gunner is not a member of the Veterans of War , they were revealed as Mayweather (Crimson) & Wilcox (Jax Dane). Add both to roster under the new names and add a tag-team for them. 

- Add Joel Colman and Jake Holmes as enhancement talent. Not sure either is in the DB yet but Jake Holmes has worked the last two tapings as enhancement talent so looks like he might be a regular seeing the lights for them. 

- Add Christina Von Eerie to the Impact Wrestling roster and set as GFW Women's champion if not already set. 

- Set Josh Matthews push as Manager and set as a Manager for Lashley. 

- Add Low Ki to the Impact roster and set as X-Division Champion, he returned and won the title in last nights main event. Set as babyface and whatever is currently used to describe that Hitman/Special Agent 47 gimmick he is rocking these days. 

- Add Dezmond Xavier to the impact roster, he was a mystery 5th man in last nights x-division title match. 

- Add Chris Silvio as ah enhancement talent babyface.

- Add a tag-team for Fallah Bahh and Mario Bokara, looks like they are a regular team now. 

- Change EC3 to Heel (Cocky/Arrogant/Egomaniac) as he turned heel on James Storm last night. 

- Worth adding Jon Bolen to the database - he has worked last two tapings since Jarrett regime came in and previously worked some GFW dates, looks like he will be a regular enhancement guy. 

- Turn Chris Adonis and Magnus Heel. 

Edited by JohnnyNitro

On ‎19‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 13:56, JohnnyNitro said:

Keep it as a working agreement - and Crash shouldn't be in there at all, there's absolutely no way AAA and Crash will work together (if anything, they should be "at war"). Similarly, there's nothing to suggest that AAA and WOS will work together, so having them in an alliance doesn't make a lot of sense - I'd stick with individual working agreements.

If there is an alliance, it should probably be Lucha Underground and AAA, but then that raises questions of how to deal with the AAA/TNA relationship while (it looks like) Lucha Underground won't allow their contracted talent to appear on Impact. It's one of those times were real life is far more complicated than anything you can replicate on TEW, and we just don't have to wait and see how this works in practice.

About the LU/Impact thing, IIRC, I think that Lucha Underground would allow contracted talents to work Impact, but only without their LU characters. But since I'm not 100% sure, let's wait and see.

On 21/04/2017 at 11:18, JohnnyNitro said:

Some IMPACT Wrestling roster updates following last nights show - 

- Remove Global Force Wrestling from the database, it was announced GFW has merged with IMPACT.

- Add the GFW titles to Impact Wrestling, they have started defending them on Impact broadcasts.

Rather than add the GFW titles to Impact, how about converting GFW to an alliance and having their titles as alliance titles with Impact as the sole member, the GFW titles were used as touring titles anyway.

7 hours ago, TheWho87 said:

Rather than add the GFW titles to Impact, how about converting GFW to an alliance and having their titles as alliance titles with Impact as the sole member, the GFW titles were used as touring titles anyway.

Could be worth a shout but as others had rightly pointed out its probably best just avoiding alliances and sticking with working agreements. It appears IMPACT has basically absorbed GFW as part of this merger, without posting spoilers it looks like the titles are being defended/won on Impact only, they've even started a tournament for the vacated tag titles - why they are bothering i dont know but it appears they may be gearing for title unification matches down the road which will probably lead to all belts being replaced with new IMPACT Wrestling branded titles doing away with the last references to tna/gfw. All in all its probably best just keeping GFW inactive/closed and adding their titles as property of impact wrestling with GFW set as the original owners. 

Also not a must add but i was going to book the Sands Bethlehem Event Center in my game and noticed it wasn't in there, was a place impact used regularly a while back - decent lower sized venue for an upcoming promotion. I looked up the details and created it manually myself, heres the details if you want to add it in:

Name: Sands Bethlehem Events Centre

Description: Located in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania

Region: Tri-State (USA)

Owned by: None

Venue Capacity: 2,250

Set to Open: May 2009

Languages: English: Lots, Spanish: Some

- Add Mr. Anderson to ROH - http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2017/0423/625532/official-press-release-for-ken-anderson-roh-debut/

Also any possibility of adding Border City Wrestling into the game, even as closed for now? They are part of this whole alliance Impact is building, and have their own working agreement with NOAH. This weeks impact showed footage from the most recent BCW event and they furthered an Impact storyline between Chris Adonis and Moose there. Their run by Scott D'Amore whose a close friend of Jarrett and working closely with him as Vice President at Impact Wrestling. 

- Remove Yoshihiro Tajiri from WWE - http://whatculture.com/wwe/tajiri-not-returning-to-wwe

- Add starting injury for Eddie Edwardshttp://www.prowrestlingsheet.com/eddie-edwards-injured-knee-surgery/#.WQGkJxiZN7M

- Add Scott Steiner to IMPACT Wrestling as a Heel. I know this hasn't taken place on TV yet but its been shown on youtube and tweeted about by IMPACT themselves already. 

- Add Matt Sydal to Impact Wrestling as a Babyface, showstealer - http://www.prowrestlingsheet.com/matt-sydal-returns-impact/#.WQGl7BiZN7M

- Starting Absence for Mick Foley who's undergone hip surgery - http://www.wwe.com/article/mick-foley-successful-hip-surgery

Edited by JohnnyNitro

Updated the data from the thread, these are changes made that were not posted

- Turned GFW into an alliance that only contains Impact, made all GFW titles alliance titles
- Turned Titus O'Neal into a manager and set him as Apollo Crews manager
- Added a broken jaw injury to Dash Wilder (8 weeks)
- Added the Bollywood Boyz to SmackDown, made them old school cocky heels
- Renamed Total Access TNA to Total Access Impact
- Removed the scandal records for Paige, Maddox & Woods, appears to have blown over, added last month since it was the first release after the incident.
- Set JWP Joshi Puroresu to closed.

Edited by TheWho87

• Lineker unfeatured and unpinned this topic