Sign in to follow this  
Liam

Songs that 'rock'?

Liam    4,449

Faintly simple in some ways, but what songs do you think 'rock'?

I posted Monster Magnet 'Space Lord' earlier on Facebook, which inspired this post. They aren't my favourite band, it isn't my favourite song, but it feels like it embodies 'rock' in a lot of ways. The guitar/bass work in particular just get me nodding my head no matter what.

I also think 'Ace of Spades' works within this context.

So yeah...any suggestions?

• Like 1

Meacon    17,484

I'm not a huge fan of the band, but Kick Start My Heart by Motley Crue instantly comes to mind when I think of a song that flat out rocks. They play it at sporting events and I swear it pumps you up to the point where you're ready to run out on the field and tackle somebody. 

Stick Stickly    555

• Like 2

Stick Stickly    555

And I don't even like the Bulls.

• Like 1

MDK    18,804
10 hours ago, Liam said:

I posted Monster Magnet 'Space Lord' earlier on Facebook, which inspired this post. They aren't my favourite band, it isn't my favourite song, but it feels like it embodies 'rock' in a lot of ways. The guitar/bass work in particular just get me nodding my head no matter what.

Fucking love that song.

Broken Cloyd    15,857

• Like 1

=BK=    7,722

• Like 1

VerbalPuke    7,413
3 hours ago, Gorka said:

Fantastic choices. I always loved the Dictators cover of Search and Destroy, which is a rocking song in it's own right, and the Dictators do a nice job on it. And of course the MC5 have always been one of my top rock choices. It's Detroit represented in both songs albeit the first song you posted is a cover by a New York Band. 

Realistically, for a song that "rocks", you can basically name off dozens of Motorhead songs. They all rock, they are rock, rock is Motorhead and Motorhead is rock. 

Stick Stickly    555

lws    345

Tons of 'Mats songs probably work, but for some reason this KISS cover is the one I point to as the definitive embodiment of "rawk."

• Like 1

=BK=    7,722

Lint    9,943

Ok...this is a song, I don't care who has done it...I love.  Its "rocks" to me...(though I prefer either the Garbage/Screaming Females cover or the Bruce Springsteen original, but the 10,000 Maniacs version lead to my teenage crush on Natalie Merchant)

• Like 2

Broken Cloyd    15,857

This one may be a bit unconventional of a pick due to the fact that it's more of a comedic song than anything else, but

Was always kind of a "pump-up" song in the mornings when I was a kid and had to get ready for school. Not really sure why.

• Like 1

MDK    18,804
On 09/04/2017 at 17:35, livid said:

Choon, mate. Learnt it on bass and all. Not that is the most difficult thing in the world, but you know.

Stick Stickly    555

WHY AM I MARKING FOR JOEY JANELA SO HARD???

• Like 1

Rich    14,600

• Like 5