The 2016+1 EWB Baseball League Thread

thatshortguy

It is not a good time to be a catcher on my team.  In the span of three days:

-Buster Posey takes a fastball to the head.
-His replacement, Geovany Soto, busts up his elbow.

If someone has a hit out for Lucroy or Jason Castro, just let me know now, k?

Oh, and feel free to bitch about the league here.  Ain' nobody got time to clean up the draft thread.

Last season pitchers had to have a minimum of 15 IP combined for our pitching to count, but I don't see that requirement listed at the bottom of the page this year. Is there a minimum IP that has to be reached again or no?

19 hours ago, Broken Cloudy said:

Last season pitchers had to have a minimum of 15 IP combined for our pitching to count, but I don't see that requirement listed at the bottom of the page this year. Is there a minimum IP that has to be reached again or no?

That should still be the same as last year.  Yahoo may have removed the mentioning during a redesign.

7 hours ago, thatshortguy said:

That should still be the same as last year.  Yahoo may have removed the mentioning during a redesign.

IP*

* Non-scoring stats

So does that mean IP doesn't matter?

1 hour ago, Ms. Canadian Destroyer said:

So I picked up Trey Mancini and it's a bit odd that he's only eligible to play UTIL. 

Is that just a Yahoo thing? I've never seen that in any other league before.

Yeah, it's usually used for players that are exclusively DH.  I think it came into prominence when David Ortiz and Alex Rodriguez shifted to DH roles as opposed to 1B or 3B.

17 hours ago, thatshortguy said:

Btw, I think you and I face off next week, so early congrats on your win.  I'll be on a boat somewhere dangerously close to the Bermuda Triangle.

I'm sure you'll be a step up from @HC, whose Flamas are being Blanca'd 7-2 right now :(Y):

"You have a bench spot free!"
"Drop a player to add a player."
"But.. I thought. You said.. bench.. free.."
"DROP. PLAYER. ADD. PLAYER."

c'mon yahoo

Also I'm in the market for another pitcher to replace stupid butthole Cam Bedrosian.

• 2 weeks later...