The 2016+1 EWB Baseball League Thread

thatshortguy

1 hour ago, thatshortguy said:

It'll probably come down to Cloudy's pitching to determine if there's another upset in these here playoffs.  If last night's Nats/Braves game is any indication, Washington is done playing around and Gio should do alright.  Doesn't help that Srar left King Felix on the DL and will miss his start tonight.

Sadly, I think the luck's run out on the Team of Noobitude.  Pollock & Scooter have been solid, but with Kemp as well as Peralta being day-to-day, that'll probably allow KM to take most of - if not all - of the batting categories.

My predictions:
Sweeties over Streakbreakers
Mustache over Noobitude

Mustache over Sweeties

Mothers over Mustache in a Commish-in-the-Bank cash-in. :shifty: 

Yeah I kinda just wrote Felix off for the season and forgot he came back. Let's hope it doesn't make a difference

6 minutes ago, thatshortguy said:

Ray got tagged and that's been the Mustaches's strikeout artist, so you've got a puncher's chance.  As a fan of sheer chaos, I'm rooting for ya.

My offensive players had a real good night as well. I doubt I maintain that advantage in batting but its good to have it for now.

I had Ray on my bench for months, wasting countless good starts from him.  It was the first time I've checked my team since early June.  Not even an exaggeration.  I have not made one roster move or lineup adjustment in three months.  Justin Turner was on my bench, too.

So yeah, the easiest way for me to lose is to put forth an actual effort in setting a lineup.  :P

If I win cool, if not it's not like I deserve it.  Clearly I'm done after this year anyway since I just can't be bothered.  Probably doesn't help that the Mets were so bad this season that I lost any desire to watch baseball despite it being one of my biggest passions.

On 9/21/2017 at 21:21, The Chiksrara Special said:

If I weren't selfish and so needy for fantasy validation and titles I would be rooting for you Clouds :P 

Now can you root for me? 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

HELLO ALL

I will be taking over running this league, adding it to the other well established and popular fantasy sports franchises that I oversee here on EWB such as and including EWBFL and EWBFBL which is of course EWB Fantasy Basketball League, not EWB Fantasy Baseball League, which will...apparently have to have a different abbreviation.  

Anyways, I would like some input from those of you who have played in this league before, as to what you want rosters to look like, what categories do you want to use for scoring, etc.  Oh and tell me when we should start the draft.

• Like 1