Summer Transfer Window 2017

Lineker

So they don't want to bother with trying to get a defender in. Unless Fosu-Mensah is going to be bled in, but he's too young for Jose I think. 

• 2 weeks later...
32 minutes ago, Jericode said:

Jermaine Defoe has a clause in his contract (confirmed by David Moyes) that he can leave for free this year since Sunderland got relegated. Got to think a few teams will be after him if that's the case.

Fucking hell.

48 minutes ago, Adam said:

Going back to West Ham would be my first bet for him, you have to think any one of about 12 top flight teams would make a move for him considering his output, despite his age.

I'd be surprised if West Ham weren't interested seen as though they'll get linked with every second string striker for the top teams and any starting strikers for the bottom half teams.  

1 hour ago, Adam said:

Going back to West Ham would be my first bet for him, you have to think any one of about 12 top flight teams would make a move for him considering his output, despite his age.

Faced with the prospect of spending another £100 million + on Lukaku and/or Griezemann, I'd definitely take Defoe and one of those at OT.

4 minutes ago, Baddar said:

Liverpool have agreed to sign Andrew Robertson from Hull, apparently. 

Not surprising. We've been linked with a lot of young second string left backs (Chilwell), and it seems Fulham weren't willing to part with Ryan Sessegnon yet. All indications are Klopp pursuing with Milner for another season, whether that's the right choice or not remains to be seen. Either way, can't wait for the outcry about lack of ambition when literally signing a backup fullback who will barely play.

Everton agree terms with Sandro

On his way: Former Barcelona striker Sandro has agreed terms to join Everton from Malaga

Everton have agreed personal terms with Malaga striker Sandro as part of Ronald Koeman’s restructuring of the Merseyside’s club squad. The Spain under-21 international has a £5m release clause in his contract with the Liga side, who he joined on a free transfer from Barcelona last July.

Atletico Madrid and Sevilla are also interested in the 21-year-old, but Sandro has rejected a contract offer from Sevilla and informed Everton that he wants to move to the Premier League. A product of Barcelona’s academy system, Sandro scored seven goals in 32 first-team appearances for the Catalan club.

His first campaign at Malaga has seen the 1m75 centre forward establish himself as one of Spain’s leading marksman, delivering 14 goals from 26 starts for the mid-table club. The relatively low value of Sandro’s buy-out is a product of Barcelona’s failure to activate a clause that would have allowed them to retain the forward for a further year last May.

Everton’s leading goalscorer Romelu Lukaku is wanted by Chelsea as a replacement for Diego Costa, who is in dispute with the newly crowned Premier League champions over their failure to offer an improved contract. Although Lukaku has informed Koeman that his wish is to move to another club this summer, Everton are posturing over the Belgian’s transfer fee, indicating that only a domestic record figure would be acceptable to them.

Everton may also be forced to sell Ross Barkley with Koeman imposing a public deadline of next week for the Englishman to accept the club’s offer of an improved contract. “I spoke to the player, I can’t do more,” said Koeman. “He needs to decide what his future is - in Everton or away from Everton.

“The reason why it takes so long is maybe that the player will doubt about his future and everybody has the own ambition to play Champions League football. All the players of Everton, including the manager, would like to continue into making the next step. And what we did this season to make it be better the next. He can be part of that, if he doesn’t like to part of that - then okay.”

8 hours ago, Nerf said:

Not surprising. We've been linked with a lot of young second string left backs (Chilwell), and it seems Fulham weren't willing to part with Ryan Sessegnon yet. All indications are Klopp pursuing with Milner for another season, whether that's the right choice or not remains to be seen. Either way, can't wait for the outcry about lack of ambition when literally signing a backup fullback who will barely play.

Personally I think Robertson is fantastic, could develop into a top player at a club like Liverpool and is perfectly suited to Klopp's style.

In addition to Sandro being imminent at Everton, apparently they made a starting bid for Jordan Pickford to test the waters and declare their interest.

• Like 1