Summer Transfer Window 2017

Lineker

• Admin

Lazio sporting director Ighli Tare has confirmed that Wesley Hoedt will be joining Southampton.

Sky sources reported last week that the Saints were in advanced talks to sign the centre-back. Sky in Italy believe the deal is worth £17m.

Tare told Italian broadcaster Premium Sport: “He requested to be transferred. He wants to be a starter in England and will be transferred to Southampton in the near future. He has had a positive experience here in Rome. I wish him all the best."

Sky Sports News understands his arrival would not have implications on the future of Virgil van Dijk. Southampton have consistently maintained Van Dijk is not for sale and have been in the market for a centre-back regardless.

Brighton have completed the club-record transfer of Colombian international winger Jose Izquierdo from Club Brugge for an undisclosed fee, the club have announced.

Manager Chris Hughton said: "This has been a very complex deal, but I am absolutely delighted we are finally in a position to confirm it is completed.

"He's a very exciting player to watch, and along with that excitement he will bring pace and creativity to the team. He also has an excellent goalscoring record. Subject to international clearance we expect fans will get their first sight of him on Tuesday night."

The Colombian has signed a four-year deal with the Premier League side.

25 minutes ago, Lineker said:

Sky Sports News understands his arrival would not have implications on the future of Virgil van Dijk. Southampton have consistently maintained Van Dijk is not for sale and have been in the market for a centre-back regardless.

Yoshida, Gardos, Stephens, VVD, Hoedt and Bednarek?

If you insist...

In other news, Barcelona have officially ended their pursuit of Coutinho.

He won't be sold this summer :rolleyes:

On 8/20/2017 at 14:49, Lineker said:

Jean Michaël Seri to Barcelona. 

I don't know who this is but he's no Jean Michel Ferri, that I do know.

• Like 1

Feyenoord has signed "Samba" Sam Larsson from Heerenveen. 

I am happy with this transfer, however it might stop us from getting RVP back. But maybe, I read something about Fener buying another striker? One from Everton? Can someone confirm this please?

1 hour ago, Gorka said:

Swans have signed Sam Clucas from Hull for £16m.

That's another Championship player to add to the books, and an extortionate fee to go with it. Great.

Clucas looked bright last season, in the Premier League. I reckon he'll be a decent signing. 

Little more than a week left in the window and we're still getting the tired old "Chelsea are going to make at least three additional signings" lines coming out of the presumably-CFC-planted press stories.

What makes it even more depressing is that there haven't been any new names linked for ages. Those that continue to be linked (Ox, Drinkwater, Barkley, VVD, etc.) have either become increasingly unlikely or just sounded like bad ideas to begin with.

This feels a lot like the summer of 2010 when we gutted the squad depth after winning the Double...losing Ballack, Joe Cole, Deco, Carvalho and Belletti and essentially just getting Ramires in return. Only of course these days the league is more competitive so you can't necessarily just cruise into the Top Three by default.

• Admin

Benfica winger Andre Carrillo is in UK ahead of his medical at Watford today. The Hornets are hoping to complete a season-long deal with option to buy for the Peru international, with a work permit having already been granted.

Hull completed the signing of defender Stephen Kingsley from Swansea for an undisclosed fee. The 23-year-old has agreed a three-year deal with the club and has the option of extending that by a further year.

Swansea are in advanced talks to sign defender Santiago Arias from PSV, Sky sources understand.

Leeds United have terminated the contract of Souleymane Doukara by mutual consent, Sky Sports News understands.

Hull City have had a bid rejected for Sheffield Wednesday's Barry Bannan, Sky sources understand.

Leeds have agreed a deal to sign Dutch striker Jay-Roy Grot from NEC Nijmegen, Sky sources understand, subject to a medical.

Sky sources: Aston Villa are in advanced talks with West Ham about taking Robert Snodgrass on loan. Sunderland and Birmingham City are also attempting to broker a deal for the Scotland international, but Villa look the closest to an agreement at present. The 29-year-old, who only signed in January for £7.5m, was told he was surplus to requirements at West Ham last week.

Good career move that turned out to be for Snodgrass. 

Kinda surprised a team in the lower end of the table hasn't put in a loan bid  

16 hours ago, Gorka said:

Swans have signed Sam Clucas from Hull for £16m.

That's another Championship player to add to the books, and an extortionate fee to go with it. Great.

Decent enough signing...but that price :mellow:

14 minutes ago, Davidmarrio said:

Good career move that turned out to be for Snodgrass. 

Kinda surprised a team in the lower end of the table hasn't put in a loan bid  

Swansea were said to be interested as well. I'm torn on the idea. We do need another LW (which he can play), but LB is where we need someone really.

1 hour ago, Lineker said:

Huddersfield Town have signed Switzerland international right-back Florent Hadergjonaj from Ingolstadt on a season-long loan deal.

Best of luck with that Merse.

Don't worry he'll just be racist and go on about why haven't they signed an English right back. 

• Like 1