Summer Transfer Window 2017

Lineker

1 minute ago, Colly said:

Is it really that much of a disaster? Admittedly Lallana's injury won't have helped but they've got Mane and Salah to play those advanced roles. 

And when Mane or Salah gets injured we've got... Ben Woodburn and Ryan Kent.

6 minutes ago, Rich said:

I read something somewhere which stated they don't have the cash to spend on both Coutinho and Dembele this summer so it's an either/or situation. Which if true, means that maybe Barcelona will go all out for Demebele now and for Coutinho next year.

This is somewhat true, but it's more down to Barca's wage allocation than fees. They have a lot of ageing players on ridiculous salaries, and they simply can't afford to offer decent wage packets anymore until the likes of Messi and Iniesta move on, whenever that may be. This is why someone like Umtiti is unfathomably only on 40k per week. Obviously they've got some wiggle room now what with Neymar leaving but Dembele and Coutinho together would most likely be too much.

52 minutes ago, Jericode said:

Who are James Pearce and Melissa Reddy?

I honestly don't know, someone explain. 

James Pearce works for the Liverpool Echo. Melissa Reddy works for Goal.  Both have quite a bit of access to LFC.

Feels now like Liverpool's statement this morning was done knowing this would happen so Liverpool can publically say , categorically, we're not selling - with the knowledge that this might be coming.

1 minute ago, Twist said:

Apparently FSG have rejected the request.

I'm imagining Coutinho handing in a transfer request form only to get a note with the word "NO" handed back to him with in minutes.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Jericode said:

They won't get Keita this window. VVD maybe given the transfer request. Sanchez would be bonkers and a great move for them.

This morning we thought Barca won't get Coutinho this window. 

6 minutes ago, Colly said:

Everyone knows transfer requests are done via Ravens these days, it's part of the new Premier League / HBO / Game of Thrones crossover.

8 minutes ago, Colly said:

I mean I imagine it's done electronically but I'm sure there is an actual document submitted. It's essentially handing in your notice... Albeit the club could refuse to accept your "resignation", which they can't really do in most jobs.

49 minutes ago, Moses Julep said:

Coutinho is good but 100 million for him is a sweet deal. 

You could say that about a lot of players this transfer window. Barca have 200 odd mil from Neymar to spend. If they want him they should pay as much as we can get for him. 

And I'm of the same view for the likes of us going after Keita and VVD. They don't have to sell and can ask whatever they want for a fee. 

Problem we'd have is, who do we get to replace him and who can you get in two weeks time. 

I think this morning's statement from LFC is pretty important. They're firmly saying "Nope, not for sale at all". I wonder if they had an idea that a transfer request might be coming? So they get the statement out nice and early before Coutinho has a chance to hand it.

I feel like it makes Coutinho look naive and will do so long as LFC don't go back on that statement. Which they have no reason to do.