Summer Transfer Window 2017

Lineker

16 minutes ago, Adam said:

I got the joke, but I clearly stated those players are 'waiting in the wings' and therefore all play out wide :shifty:

Yeah but I didn't read that bit

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Adam said:

We've all been there, miss a crucial element in the rush to make a witty gag :P

I was just going for the gag, I had no intention of it being witty. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Lineker said:

Sky sources are reporting that Liverpool are in talks with Sporting Lisbon over Gelson Martins.

Smokescreen to panic Roma into compromising over Salah I reckon. They're under pressure to balance their books by the end of the month, so we probably think they'll panic and let him go cheaply if they genuinely think we're looking elsewhere.

We haven't had a public relations blunder in a while. 

Don't think I've ever seen a club release a statement saying that they've ended interest in a player before.  

I'm calling it now. 

VvD hands in a transfer request and we end up getting him but for more money then we wanted to pay. 

I doubt Southampton are that arsed about us speaking to a player. It pretty much happens everywhere. I mean there was literally a post about Lukaku and his agent saying we know what club we are going to join now just yesterday. 

It's all a dick waving contest after Southampton lost a chance of a three club bidding war and now it's a question of "he said he wants to go Liverpool, how much can we get."