Summer Transfer Window 2017

Lineker

12 minutes ago, Adam said:

That is just massively embarrassing. Imagine if he winds up signing for Chelsea or City next week now. Can't even blame Ian Ayre for this one.

Least with Ian Ayre we would have monitored him so bloody good and missed out on him due to a pathetically low bid.  

• Like 2

I was reading last night that a top Spanish journo (not Guillem this time) said Sanchez to City is as good as done and will be confirmed in the next few days.

I have my doubts but if true, I'm grabbing a massive bag of popcorn and waiting for Arsenal Fan TV. 

8 hours ago, Lineker said:

I was under the impression that Nerf was totally in the know, though? This is baffling!

Hey, I just occasionally leak things to EWB. This was a coordinated strategical play by LFC that backfired badly.

Diego Costa has said to news reporters following Spain's friendly match with Colombia that Conte is not counting on him/doesn't want him/doesn't have him in his plans (delete preferred translation as appropriate) for next season.

Welp. *throws all eggs in the Lukaku basket*

Well he wanted to go back to Atleti last summer, but they bought someone else instead. Then he spent January trying to get a move to China, only having since decided that he doesn't want to go to China and only wants to go to Atleti. And now Atleti can't buy him unless he fancies sitting around with no football until January, so who knows.

In a way I'm not surprised that Conte doesn't want another season dealing with that.

He said in that same interview that going back to Atleti would be tough because he would have to sit out for 5/6 months and he doesn't want to do that.

At the end of the day, I've no sympathy for him if he is really saying "the manager doesn't want me". The way he acted over that China move back in January was pathetic, he was the leading striker in the Premier League at the time and had restored a lot of good will from the previous season's performances.

It's a no-brainer that Conte wants someone who is keen to be a part of the Chelsea team, and Lukaku (if it is to be him) certainly fits that bill.

10 hours ago, Baddar said:

I was reading last night that a top Spanish journo (not Guillem this time) said Sanchez to City is as good as done and will be confirmed in the next few days.

I have my doubts but if true, I'm grabbing a massive bag of popcorn and waiting for Arsenal Fan TV. 

The Arsenal fan tv guys are massive pricks but I'll be genuinely gutted if he stays in the premier league for anyone else. At first I was just against Chelsea but it'll be shit regardless where he goes cos he's guaranteed to score a bucket load against us. I really hope we can entice him to stay but I can't see it happening. Just really hope he goes to Bayern or something.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kaney said:

it'll be shit regardless where he goes cos he's guaranteed to score a bucket load against us. ... Just really hope he goes to Bayern

At least then you'll get one year's reprieve from him scoring a bucket load against you.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, stokeriño said:

At least then you'll get one year's reprieve from him scoring a bucket load against you.

Bayern finish 3rd in their group and then spank Arsenal in the Europa. Calling it now. 

3 hours ago, MDK said:

Bayern finish 3rd in their group and then spank Arsenal in the Europa. Calling it now. 

The best part of this mooted possibility to me is if Bayern are beaten into 3rd by say Liverpool, just to really stick it to Arsenal for missing the top 4.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Adam said:

The best part of this mooted possibility to me is if Bayern are beaten into 3rd by say Liverpool, just to really stick it to Arsenal for missing the top 4.

Fuck off :( 

5 minutes ago, Adam said:

Bit mean, I just suggested you might beat Bayern Munich in the Champions League!

Well that's a certain. It's the likes of Astra GoGo who'll take points off us. 

• Like 1