Summer Transfer Window 2017

Lineker

18 minutes ago, Baddar said:

Everton have had a 30m bid for Jordan Pickford accepted by Sunderland. @Adam @Troy

Happy with it me, he is one of the best GK prospects around. Frankly I couldn't care less about the fee because in this market money is quite literally no object for all Premier League clubs.

50mil for Barkley...especially when he's in the final year of his contract and he's not good enough to start for any of the top 6?? :lol:

Good bit of business going for Pickford as it should be your goalkeeper sorted for years to come if he develops. The only thing I worry about is whenever there's goalkeepers from lower half teams it's their concentration as they should in theory be facing less shots when they're joining a bigger team. 

I dunno why people think paying a lot of money for a good 'keeper is strange. To me the goalie is the most important person on the team. And anyway, 30mil for a player isn't that much these days, especially for a young player that looks like a dead cert. 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, MDK said:

I dunno why people think paying a lot of money for a good 'keeper is strange. To me the goalie is the most important person on the team. And anyway, 30mil for a player isn't that much these days, especially for a young player that looks like a dead cert. 

Having lived through some woeful goalies at Rovers, I have to agree it is the most important position. You can have all the talent in the world going forward but a clumsy goalie can cost games so often.

Also, if he's good enough a goalie can come in and become a stalwart in the team for years to come. Pickford comes in now aged what, 21? Is told "we've splashed the cash on you, you're our #1 for the next ten years if you can be" and he isn't going to want to leave for some time. I think it'll be a superb signing, it has been about 5-6 years since Everton had a solidly reliable man between the sticks.

Just now, Adam said:

Having lived through some woeful goalies at Rovers, I have to agree it is the most important position. You can have all the talent in the world going forward but a clumsy goalie can cost games so often.

Keepers are kind of like refs. If you have a crap game or make a big mistake you will get slated, but if you have a quiet game and do your job properly nobody notices unless you do something absolutely fucking spectacular. 

And the only really crap keeper I've seen down at the Orient was Ashley Bayes, but he made up for it with some incredible TV saves. And he had a brilliant chant. Oh, and Peter Shilton played for us (H)

• Like 2

Everton are set to step up their pursuit of Klaassen, Gylfi Sigurdsson and Michael Keane after wrapping up Pickford for £22mil + add-ons. Add Sandro Ramirez to that and you have one hell of a spine of signings right there. Would just need a top class striker then and we're good to go.

Six months from now, a feasible Everton XI could be:

Pickford; Coleman, Keane, A. Williams, Baines; Schneiderlin, Gueye, Sigurdsson; Klaassen, Bolasie; Sandro.

Not bad at all. It's like a bloody Fifa 17 career mode!

• Like 1

I'm happy with the price for Pickford, he absolutely will justify it but I am beyond gutted that he's going. A local lad done good who loves the club as much as we do, I won't begrudge him leaving, how else is he going to get in to England contention for next year? Just a shame we are so shit everywhere else on the pitch otherwise we'd have held onto him. People baulking at the figure are just daft really, he's young and English of course he's going to cost more and so he should, £50mil for Stones £49mil for Sterling Etc. Some of our fans trying to play damage limitation saying keepers aren't that important and are easily replaced, which is bollocks. 

• Admin

Leicester City are expected to announce the signing of Hull City defender Harry Maguire in a £17m deal.

BBC Radio Humberside understands a £12m fee with add-ons has been agreed and a medical has been completed.

Sheffield United will also profit as they agreed a sell-on clause with Hull - thought to be 10% of any fee over the £3m they got for Maguire, 24, in 2014.

Meanwhile West Brom have turned down a £10m bid from the Foxes for defender Jonny Evans.

• Like 1