Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lineker

Summer Transfer Window thread 2017

446 posts in this topic

At least they are doing something though. It's still shite imo but they could have easily went 

"NAH FUCK OFF WE'VE ALREADY GOT YOUR MONEY"

2 hours ago, Davidmarrio said:

At least they are doing something though. It's still shite imo but they could have easily went 

"NAH FUCK OFF WE'VE ALREADY GOT YOUR MONEY"

They're offering a autograph that you have to pay even more money for. Printed shirts cost about £70 nowadays, they should have offered refunds for ones sold by the club at the very least. Given that the total amount of shirts can't even be that much.

2 people like this

Yeah in my experience big clubs usually offer a shirt exchange if a player's number changes after people have bought it.

Edit: Like so.

From what I've just read the terms and conditions offered by Chelsea in that case are the same as Liverpool's except Liverpool are having the player personally sign the shirt rather than replace it. I'm failing to see the problem? Someone gets a signed shirt if they want a signed shirt.

Sky sources understand Arsenal are in talks to sign Lyon striker Alexandre Lacazette. Lyon president Jean-Michel has told Lacazette he will let him leave for €50m (£44m) this summer.

7 hours ago, stokeriño said:

Yeah in my experience big clubs usually offer a shirt exchange if a player's number changes after people have bought it.

Edit: Like so.

Yeah but you're a big club, not one of those naff ones under the glass ceiling.

2 people like this

Huddersfield have completed the signing of striker Laurent Depoitre from FC Porto for an undisclosed club-record fee. The 28-year-old, who has played once for Belgium, joins on a two-year deal with an option for a further season.

7 hours ago, Hobo said:

From what I've just read the terms and conditions offered by Chelsea in that case are the same as Liverpool's except Liverpool are having the player personally sign the shirt rather than replace it. I'm failing to see the problem? Someone gets a signed shirt if they want a signed shirt.

Someone also gets lumbered with a shirt with the wrong number on it and that's out of date before the season starts.

Paying for postage to get a scribble on it isn't the same as getting a replacement. That's the club cheaping out when the its their fault to begin with. Should have had an option for both really if they wanted to avoid refunds and save face.

3 people like this

Yaya Banana has signed for Greek side Panionios Gymnastikos Syllogos Smyrnis

Gesundheit!

10 hours ago, MDK said:

...are you, having a stroke? :(

2 people like this

11 hours ago, TCO said:

Someone also gets lumbered with a shirt with the wrong number on it and that's out of date before the season starts.

Paying for postage to get a scribble on it isn't the same as getting a replacement. That's the club cheaping out when the its their fault to begin with. Should have had an option for both really if they wanted to avoid refunds and save face.

*shrug* Still seems fine to me but this might come down to how I'm not the market for a replica shirt.

I feel like if I was the kinda person who bought football shirts at all and cared enough I would be placated by getting a signed shirt. 

I don't even know who gets numbered replica shirts. I would assume mostly children. :shifty:

2 minutes ago, Hobo said:

*shrug* Still seems fine to me but this might come down to how I'm not the market for a replica shirt.

I feel like if I was the kinda person who bought football shirts at all and cared enough I would be placated by getting a signed shirt. 

I don't even know who gets numbered replica shirts. I would assume mostly children. :shifty:

A lot of football fans get replica shirts with their favourite players number on them, it's a lot of money that Liverpool are just openly taking and not thinking of the PR angle, but you know, thieving scousers etc...

Just in case the formatting hasn't made it clear that is a joke and I do not think that at all.

3 people like this

Gonna need all that cash for the 100 million Mbappe bid, obvs :shifty:

14 hours ago, MDK said:

Liniker will be thrilled.

FB_IMG_1498391939648.jpg

2 people like this

1 hour ago, Baddar said:

FB_IMG_1498391939648.jpg

Poor Everton.

I remember when I went to see United vs West Ham under Moyes with my Irish mate who had two season tickets (his dad had a stroke and couldn't make it, so me being the top friend when asked if i'd go the game with him, I went) and Januzaj was the only player who looked decent that day. 

Seems his career has just took a bit of a nose dive since Moyes left United. 

Also, Bournemouth getting Nathan Ake for 20mil is doing the rounds atm. Be a good signing for Bournemouth, wonder if Chelsea might be tempted to put a buy back clause in his contract...seen as though they'll probably try and buy him again in a few years time :shifty:

Ake is a great player - hopefully that one happens.

4 hours ago, Twist said:

Poor Everton.

The way his career is going, he's more likely to end up at Preston North End than Everton next.

Everton have apparently had a £30mil bid for Sigurdsson knocked back, with Swansea wanting closer to £40mil. Honestly, I think we'll pay it and it'd be worth it in the current transfer market.